Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Morecambe match thread (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/morecambe-match-thread-64011.html)

Redraine 08-04-2013 17:19

Morecambe match thread

All the talk about formations, subs and the state of the pitch at York (which looked fine to me) leaves me cold. If we don't up our game on Friday, Redshaw, Ellison and co. will not be as inept in front of goal as York were. Leam has said he encourages the players to express themselves with confidence in footballing terms, but that was entirely lacking on Saturday. Panicky defending when under pressure and failure to keep possession in midfield resulted in wave after wave of York attacks which should have seen then 3 or 4 goals up at half time. Linganzi was sorely missed but surely we can at least manage a semblance of pass and move to give the man in possession an outlet and make progress upfield without the big heave ho? Passion we have in abundance but that's not going to be enough without a lot more quality this time. We are certainly capable of playing good enough football if we keep our heads.

cashman 08-04-2013 17:24

Re: Morecambe match thread

The pitch excuse is just bull, twas the same fer both sides n have seen far worse surfaces than that at the crown in seasons past.

Exile on Spencer St 08-04-2013 17:35

Any news on the availability of Linganzi and Jeffers?

cashman 08-04-2013 17:59

Dunno, was told on sat jeffers is a possible, Hope so.

football19 08-04-2013 18:06

Acci will be aware of Morecambe's strengths and weaknesses,and visa versa.Expect a fast end to end game,hopefully wit the right result.
Come on Cashy,although it looked ok from the sidelines,both sides said the pitch was crap.
They weren't exactly building from the back,nice one touch pass and moving etc..,more get it forward as quick as possible and contest the second balls(which they did extremely well),and pin us back.
Suspect Fridays game will be similar,only us playing the York/home side roll of pressing.
Hopefully a early goal will settle us down,and we keep it tight at the back.
Got a feeling Beattie will score a worldy,that's what class players do KTF

cashman 08-04-2013 18:12

Am not disputing what both sides said about pitch, But both sides had to play on it, York adapted much better n us, simple fact.

football19 08-04-2013 18:14

Agree on that cashy,thought there young right back(on loan from Blackburn)had a very good game--hope Leam took note !!!!

maccawozzagod 08-04-2013 22:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1051916)
York adapted much better n us, simple fact.

and we did the same to Wimblebob and Dodgy Haircut the other week. It was no surprise that York did a 89 minute job on us, when you're down the bottom with a handful of games left you throw everything at a game - particularly when you have a large noisy crowd behind you.

What on earth could we achieve with a large crowd!

cashman 08-04-2013 22:17

They weren't bad, but not as noisy as stanleys ultras.;) So don't see that point rob?:confused:

LeeMus 09-04-2013 12:17

Me and my nephew will be there Friday.

cashman 09-04-2013 12:22

Nice un Leemus, This game is a monster must win fer us.:)

Christies Child 09-04-2013 13:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1052026)
Nice un Leemus, This game is a monster must win fer us.:)

Not sure how we will approach this game.

It might well be that our manager selects a team with a good splattering of our younger squad players to see how they perform against a team fighting to save relegation.

On the other hand he might field our strongest team in respect of those other teams in the relegation battle.

Whichever team is selected this is one game when some of us may have a sneaking wish for a result that aids Accy in its fight to stay in the league.

But then again.......:confused::confused::confused:

LeeMus 09-04-2013 13:40

Looking forward to it, makes it more interesting as its a must win.

EastLancsCov 09-04-2013 17:36

I'm on board again and looking forward to it. I'm expecting another good atmosphere behind the goal.

cashman 09-04-2013 21:38

Port Vale have surprisingly dropped a point to the Shots tonight:eek: Making the 3 pts friday night n even bigger must,in my view.;)