Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   AccyWeb Player of The Season (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/accyweb-player-of-the-season-64021.html)

AccyMad 10-04-2013 13:29

AccyWeb Player of The Season

Hi folks, that time of year again - I know we're still biting our nails till we're safe but i'm taking a leap of faith and launching the poll for Stanley's player of the season to be voted for by AccyWeb members.
The supporters club are going to be implementing their voting procedure for their award at Friday night's game Morecambe. Although unfortunately there is not going to be the traditional end of season 'do' this year, these awards will be presented to the winners in the clubhouse after the Oxford game on the 27th.
Just one award to be voted for in this poll - your overall player of the season, one vote per person please & voting will cease at midnight on Monday, 22nd April.

Whalley Red 10-04-2013 13:45

Re: AccyWeb Player of The Season

Heads-up particularly to Lee Molyneux who has been a different class when he gets into a game, Ian Dunbavin who was brilliant when fit, as well as Armine Linganzi and Tom Aldred who have been revelations since they arrived. But for effort and ability over the whole season ...

Rommy Boco

cashman 10-04-2013 13:50

Can't dispute whalley reds views, but i would say Boco without doubt, Have to say though if Dunbavin had not been injured n continued his form this season it would have been a very tough call.

football19 10-04-2013 15:02

Moly has had a great second half to season,Boco had a great first half,but for consistency and most improved,in numerous positions i would opt for Murphy,who sums up what an Acci is all about,not the best player,but great team man.

maccawozzagod 10-04-2013 15:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1052241)
Although unfortunately there is not going to be the traditional end of season 'do' this year

no?

ah well, unofficial one then!!

Chimer 10-04-2013 16:00

Ian Dunbavin - without the points he stole for us against the run of play in the first few weeks, I reckon the position now would be hopeless.

ddevil2006 10-04-2013 16:31

share it ian dunbavin/peter murphy

ianray 10-04-2013 18:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by accymad (Post 1052241)
hi folks, that time of year again - i know we're still biting our nails till we're safe but i'm taking a leap of faith and launching the poll for stanley's player of the season to be voted for by accyweb members.
The supporters club are going to be implementing their voting procedure for their award at friday night's game morecambe. Although unfortunately there is not going to be the traditional end of season 'do' this year, these awards will be presented to the winners in the clubhouse after the oxford game on the 27th.
Just one award to be voted for in this poll - your overall player of the season, one vote per person please & voting will cease at midnight on monday, 22nd april.

lee molylneux

Redraine 10-04-2013 18:05

Lee Molyneux. A class apart!

Outback Ozzy 10-04-2013 18:17

I just don't know. Cases can be made for Armine Linganzi, playing when he knew his brother had died, Lee Molyneux for his goals towards the end of this season, Ian Dunbavin for his saves prior to getting injured, but for me (and I do hope the snake does not come a calling for him) Romauld Boco - he deserves all the plaudits for busting a gut for Stanley on a number of occasions. Just seems that whoever gets player of the year leaves the following season.

Reamer 10-04-2013 18:54

Lee molyneux for me

Pendle Red 10-04-2013 19:07

For me for the number of games played, the differing positions played and never giving up the fight it has to be Peter Murphy.

Tommy McQueen 10-04-2013 19:28

For the effort every game Rommy Boco for me

KiTChener 10-04-2013 19:43

Boco shades it for me, only slightly in front of Moly & Bavs.

Hang on, I'm only supposed to have one vote!

Can we split mine three ways?

Redash 10-04-2013 20:26

I'd go for Moly, I appreciate what Murph has done for the club, but Moly's goals and assists have given us the impetus to spur on, in the run-in.