Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   York Thread (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/york-thread-66008.html)

cashman 12-04-2014 07:53

York Thread

Today sees 2 decent sides come together, Think we will nick this un, but will happily settle fer 1 pt. Just hope we play better n last season.:)

choirboy 12-04-2014 08:50

Re: York Thread

Sadly I can't be there today but good luck to JB and the team. York have been on a good run but if we play to our potential we can definitely take all three points. Please give an extra loud cheer or two for me in my absence.
COME ON STANLEY
:mosher:

Wynonie Harris 12-04-2014 09:08

Going to get the train in half an hour or so, nervous but excited. Have a feeling we're going to nick all three points today!

cashman 12-04-2014 09:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris (Post 1102150)
Going to get the train in half an hour or so, nervous but excited. Have a feeling we're going to nick all three points today!

See yeh yon mate no doubt,:)

VALAIRIAN 12-04-2014 13:43

Team today.

Betts, Buxton, Tom, Atkinson, Lidds, Hunt, Murph, Joyce, Mingoia, Gray, Odejayi.

Subs: McCartan, Webber, Will, Kal, Moly, Windass, Bowerman.

Exile on Spencer St 12-04-2014 16:06

Official web link failed today so it was even more agonising following things via the Beeb web site. But what a fantastic result. Well done Stanley.

LongLostSon 12-04-2014 16:11

and there was me thinking 'McCarten, remind me how many goals he's got this season - what a strange sub' - and he ends York's long cleansheet run ! Many a good result from teams below us but our point has got to be a good result as well.

Redraine 12-04-2014 16:12

Credit for great subs!

VALAIRIAN 12-04-2014 16:15

Nice to see early subs, 3 subs and scoring sub.... :)

accybeme 12-04-2014 16:27

Great result for J B & the reds, what the team can't control is the teams around us are also picking up valuable points, makes you wonder what points tally will be required to put us safe this season

nige b 12-04-2014 16:41

Great point for the reds today listened on Yorkshire radio and when we scored went to pick angeb up and was told to 'go away' as I would only drop her! Oh well! Good evening in our household wine o'clock and a point closer to safety. Well done to JB with the substitutions and the fantastic never say die attitude of the Stanley players...ON STANLEY ON

Crown Grounder 12-04-2014 16:58

I'm guessing we might get another 5 or 6 points. I can't see Torquay doing better than that. Northampton could get 8. Wycombe and Bristol in poor form. I'm guessing one of them might join Torquay for the drop, I just hope the Shrimps don't go into free fall, I don't think they have the gritty players good enough for a relegation battle....

nige b 12-04-2014 17:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crown Grounder (Post 1102204)
I'm guessing we might get another 5 or 6 points. I can't see Torquay doing better than that. Northampton could get 8. Wycombe and Bristol in poor form. I'm guessing one of them might join Torquay for the drop, I just hope the Shrimps don't go into free fall, I don't think they have the gritty players good enough for a relegation battle....

Too right we need those guaranteed 6 points every season :)

cashman 12-04-2014 18:32

Good solid display,definitely worth a point, but once again in my view a poor decision did us,:( Hope its shown on tv tonight, Yorks penalty was a push on wiley, thats the only reason the ball hit him, Betts had very little to do oer the 90mins, the subs all did well, perhaps cos they had time to do it? Mingoia had a fair game n was happy to see him back.

Bernard Dawson 12-04-2014 19:10

Wycombe against Northampton on Friday. Can't work out what would be the best result for us. Mansfield for us who look safe now.