Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Bury Match Thread (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/bury-match-thread-66923.html)

VALAIRIAN 07-01-2015 18:55

Re: Bury Match Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 1128835)
Sudden switch to Spanish, wonder if that's a hint. Man Utd signing Victor Valdes, lack of match practice, send him on loan to our imaginary new friends down the road :D

Before somebody else says it, "not bad for a Dingle...."

:) :) :)

andyd 07-01-2015 19:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crown Grounder (Post 1128834)
A conejo I think is Spanish for a rabbit. A female rabbit I believe?.........I would prefer a male goalkeeper for Friday...... if at all possible.....

Conejo is Spanish for European rabbit.

VALAIRIAN 07-01-2015 19:06

Quote:

Sudden switch to Spanish, wonder if that's a hint. Man Utd signing Victor Valdes, lack of match practice, send him on loan to our imaginary new friends down the road :D

Taken from a website earlier.

Victor Valdes: Man Utd to sign former Barcelona goalkeeper

By Simon Stone
BBC Sport
Former Barcelona goalkeeper Victor Valdes has accepted an offer to join Manchester United.
The Spain international, who has been training with United in his bid to recover from a serious knee injury, has agreed an 18-month contract.
Valdes, 32, won six La Liga and three Champions League titles with Barcelona, before leaving at the end of last season when his contract expired.
The deal could lead to the keeper leaving Old Trafford on loan to gain match fitness - a short term loan has not been ruled out.
It also poses a question about the future of 24-year-old first-choice goalkeeper David De Gea, who was the club's player of the year last season and has excelled again this term.
His contract is due to expire in 2016, although senior United sources have said they were relaxed about him signing an extension to that deal.

deeayess 07-01-2015 19:40

Quote:

Will we be doing tickets for the game we won't be playing against Barcelona as part of the transfer deal :D

VALAIRIAN 07-01-2015 20:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by deeayess (Post 1128846)
Will we be doing tickets for the game we won't be playing against Barcelona as part of the transfer deal :D

Behave :)

deeayess 07-01-2015 20:31

On a more serious note. What's the weather like in Accy and is there any danger to the game as I have to leave at midday on Friday and won't get home until 5am saturday.

I've already done one all day wasted trip for Burton so could do without it again at my age :).

Chewbacca 07-01-2015 20:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by deeayess (Post 1128852)
On a more serious note. What's the weather like in Accy and is there any danger to the game as I have to leave at midday on Friday and won't get home until 5am saturday.

I've already done one all day wasted trip for Burton so could do without it again at my age :).

Not seen ice on any cars since Sunday. No chance of being frozen off but waterlogged can't be ruled out from the forecast.

I was surprised that Hartlepool was on so possibly nothing to worry about yet.

smudgie 08-01-2015 10:13

Well Rose is back in town....... along with ANOTHER new keeper apparently.!

Looks like Dawber will be back at Clitheroe im assuming....

shakermaker 08-01-2015 10:51

Been speaking to a few Bury fans and half aren't going to risk the trip for fear of late postponement. Not a representative sample by any means but I hope that if the match does go ahead we're not left with a less than ample following from the Shakers. Playing a game with such a local rival with the potential for a substantial away following on a Friday night really seems like a waste :(

smudgie 08-01-2015 11:51

Not many times I agree with you shaker..... But I 100% agree with that.

Exile on Spencer St 08-01-2015 12:11

Weather doesn't look promising. Just hope for all that, if the match is in doubt, the ref doesn't fanny around until the last minute like the last one. Takes an optimist to be a groundsman in Accy.

Crown Grounder 08-01-2015 12:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by smudgie (Post 1128906)
Well Rose is back in town....... along with ANOTHER new keeper apparently.!

Looks like Dawber will be back at Clitheroe im assuming....

Oh that's a shame, I was starting to look forward to a "female Spanish European rabbit between the sticks on friday against Bury .........":hehetable

Exile on Spencer St 08-01-2015 14:44

I'm pleased for Mr.Dawber that he'll be getting games under his belt rather than sitting on his bum for the rest of the season.

StanleyAccrington 08-01-2015 14:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1128930)
I'm pleased for Mr.Dawber that he'll be getting games under his belt rather than sitting on his bum for the rest of the season.

Hopefully at a higher level than Clitheroe, though. Reports suggest he's too good a goalkeeper to be playing at their level.

Exile on Spencer St 08-01-2015 15:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by StanleyAccrington (Post 1128931)
Hopefully at a higher level than Clitheroe, though. Reports suggest he's too good a goalkeeper to be playing at their level.

Indeed, but thanks should go to Clitheroe's manager for offering him the chance to pursue his career.