Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   luton town (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/luton-town-67104.html)

Lemur 28-02-2015 13:21

luton town

same team and formation as tuesday, by the looks of it

andyd 28-02-2015 14:44

Re: luton town

1-0 to Luton

andyd 28-02-2015 14:50

Matty Crooks on at CB.

Greeny 28-02-2015 14:53

I see James Grey isn't even on the bench again.

football19 28-02-2015 17:49

Not much in the game especially the first half with us playing most of the football and missed a sitter to go ahead.
They scored right on half time and was a bit controversial to say the least, with blocks all over the place,but stockleys header was first class,although dean committed the first rule of defending "never" let the forward see your number!.
I don't comment on refs but let's say he was inconsistent!!
Positives , there was little between the teams,negatives,it not hard to set up a team to pin your wing backs back and become five at the back not three.
Interesting if we stick with it.

Redraine 28-02-2015 18:01

Ah well, I suppose it was asking a lot for another energy charged performance against a top team so soon after Tuesday night's efforts. Sounds like our failure to take chances cost us again. It will be a tough test against the Shrews on Tuesday and they will be smarting after two straight defeats.. If Deano is out through injury I would like to see Lids back in as his combination with Piero could make all the difference.

Mr T 28-02-2015 18:09

Before we all get downhearted; Luton scored at a time when Deano wasn't 100% (after being fouled):mad:

Luton's budget is 4 times ours; 2nd highest in FL2

football19 28-02-2015 18:14

Agree redraine, I would have taken two points from our last two fixtures so three is a bit of a bonus.
Frustrated tho as they weren't that good,only stockley stood out, what a tough lad he's become.
He give it but also took it!.
The challenge from behind on dean was a poor one and ultimately put him out the game ( ref never gave a free kick !! ),and they scored a minute later !
No problem with the rough stuff as long as the decisions are consistent and as I said Jayden took it as well as giving it

football19 28-02-2015 18:27

Fair play to the players who sat with the fans, that's what Accrngton Stanley is all about,not many other teams/players would do that :)

Exile on Spencer St 28-02-2015 18:40

As ever, F19's summary says it all. Thought Stanley played some good stuff in the first half but, other than Windass's one-on-one with their keeper, they didn't threaten much. Luton's first goal came at the wrong time, and for all the wrong reasons. Second half Stanley seemed to lose the plot, Luton were quicker to the loose ball and their CBs dominated most balls in the air ( of which there were far too many from both sides). Losing Deano made matters worse and, at the risk of stirring the haters' hornets nest, I now suspect that Stanley's latest signing isn't even a very good defender.. And, having tried Conneely at right and left back, he was played in the middle of the back three but doesn't (yet, ever?) dominate like a big ugly CH should. Thought Gornell tried his best but didn't look fully fit.
Work still in progress, methinks.
Look forward to another funereal video summary from Professor Coleman.

football19 28-02-2015 18:49

Didn't see you exile or I would have had a natter :)
Good chat with Revived and he's gone up in my estimation as he played at school with one of my icons !! :)
Cashy seemed in a good mood !!,but shudder to think what his take is on the ref :)

football19 28-02-2015 19:01

Just a word for chubbyman,can you get rid of that cap please as you look like Del Boy Trotter !!! :)

AccyMad 28-02-2015 19:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by football19 (Post 1134894)
Didn't see you exile or I would have had a natter :)
Good chat with Revived and he's gone up in my estimation as he played at school with one of my icons !! :)
Cashy seemed in a good mood !!,but shudder to think what his take is on the ref :)

You met Cashy when he was in a good mood? Crikey O'Reilly - not many can claim that privilege :rolleyes:
Hope Deano's injury not too bad, we could do with him fit for Tuesday

Chubbyman 28-02-2015 20:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by football19 (Post 1134896)
Just a word for chubbyman,can you get rid of that cap please as you look like Del Boy Trotter !!! :)

Sod that Ian it keeps my head warm.......why don't you leave me alone and pick on Yonmons Tribal Headdress?

yonmon 28-02-2015 20:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1134901)
You met Cashy when he was in a good mood? Crikey O'Reilly - not many can claim that privilege :rolleyes:
Hope Deano's injury not too bad, we could do with him fit for Tuesday

Di...... I can attest to the fact that your friend and mine was in an agreeable state of mind, if his beaming smile of welcome for me was anything to go by !. However, it did little to placate my feelings that in a crummy Stadium, in an even crummier Town where the only pies available are of the crummy Chicken Balti ilk ...Yuk !...where I witnessed yet another crummy referee in action, where do the F A acquire such officials ?.....saw a vile bunch of crummy home fans !....met two crummy stewards who could not understand, let alone answer the simplest of questions !...
Then I find that I missed an opportunity to chat with Revived Red !...so all in all Di today was crummy !!.
As for the game F19 has said it all !!.....Goodnight all !!.