Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Wycombe Game (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/wycombe-game-67795.html)

Somerset 04-12-2015 21:57

Wycombe Game

If heavy rain is forecast for next Saturday for the Wycombe game, I will post a letter to the club asking for the pitch to be covered ahead of the rain because I don't want there to be two home games in a row postponed due to bad weather which would be a disgrace.

mab 04-12-2015 22:47

Re: Wycombe Game

Quote:

Originally Posted by Somerset (Post 1155980)
If heavy rain is forecast for next Saturday for the Wycombe game, I will post a letter to the club asking for the pitch to be covered ahead of the rain because I don't want there to be two home games in a row postponed due to bad weather which would be a disgrace.

Bit harsh Somerset "Disgrace" How can you guard against mother nature? Covers are fine for frosted areas but not to good to stop the rain ,water has to go somewhere.

deeayess 04-12-2015 22:58

This is turning into deja vu. Did we not have a 10 pager about a year ago about this.

It's a disgrace that the club didn't implement some of the highly sensible suggestions we came up with :D

Dav1d 04-12-2015 23:08

Something really needs to be done with the pitch at the end of the season, now we have the extra cash in the bank! Every summer we see the pitch ripped up and money spent on it yet we seem to struggle every year around dec/Jan/Feb

choirboy 04-12-2015 23:10

Quote:

Perhaps you should come up to the WHAM Stadium and give Buzza the benefits of your expertise so that he does his job properly and the game will not be in doubt!:dummy2:

dabeast 04-12-2015 23:37

Quote:

gonna have to be a bloody big letter to cover the entire pitch!

carpon 05-12-2015 02:43

Quote:

Well seeing that the Met office don't do accurate long term forecasts you might want to get writing....though if your letter is anything like your posts on here I'm sure it will raise a few good laughs !!!:rolleyes:

Perhaps you would like to stump up some cash to provide full covers for the pitch....maybe cough up a few bob to help with the drainage.....or even offer to help Buzzer and all the other volunteers try and maintain the pitch / get the game on ???:confused:

Or maybe...... being so high and mighty ....... you can possibly divert the seasonal weather away from the Crown....:confused:

Your posts continually prove that there really is one in every holly bush.....

monkey hanger 05-12-2015 09:15

Quote:

blame on coley and jimmy. wouldn,t have happened in the snakes days.

Lemur 05-12-2015 09:48

get the roof closed quickly

yonmon 05-12-2015 09:59

Quote:

At last an affirmation of some serious action ahead from Somerset !..It really is about time that we began to take the tenor of his/ her posts with a little bit of decorum. He, or she, comes across as one with some authority-giving knowledge and experience of the current state of all things 'Stanley', in particular the existing condition of the playing surface at The Crown (aka Wham) Stadium.
I do of course apologise to Somerset for the 'he/she' asides, but at times thinking that I could be reading a note from some disturbed elderly lady to the agony aunt in Women's Weekly when viewing his/her posts, I do get a little confused. ( Cashy knows what I mean !).
In truth we all hope that the consistent downpours of the last weeks, will stop, and that the jet stream will guide them towards some northern climes. This will allow us to continue to witness the burgeoning skills and efforts of our Team on better surfaces. If not, then there is nothing disgraceful about the Club doing it's level best to provide us all with a playing surface which will allow all fixtures to be played !.
Finally, I am more than certain that everyone at The Crown are aware of these problems, and that any letters from fans berating their efforts to improve matters, being of no value whatsoever just might find their way into the nearest waste bin !....

football19 05-12-2015 10:51

Going to abuse the "theatre of dreams" hospitality this afternoon Yonmon,hope their pitch is ok,would hate to have to spend the afternoon in a free bar :)

DaveinGermany 05-12-2015 10:51

Quote:

I don't want there to be two home games in a row postponed due to bad weather which would be a disgrace.

Come on Fella! I know some see Coley as the Messiah, but some miracles just ain't gonna happen! :rolleyes:

lancsdave 05-12-2015 11:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by football19 (Post 1156020)
Going to abuse the "theatre of dreams" hospitality this afternoon Yonmon,hope their pitch is ok,would hate to have to spend the afternoon in a free bar :)

Hate to dissapoint you but Stanley are away, the ground will be locked :)

deeayess 05-12-2015 11:29

I'm glad that I can book my train down safe in the knowledge that a strongly worded letter is winging it's way to the club.

Roll on next Saturday for a worry free trip down.:D

yonmon 05-12-2015 12:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by football19 (Post 1156020)

There you go again...ruining my afternoon's Christmas Shopping !!

maccawozzagod 05-12-2015 13:28

The pitch is infinitely better than it has ever been. It seems to cope with prolonged rain but can't cope with a monsoon that suddenly arrives.

in all honesty what could be done to improve it? It sits on a clay bed which really couldn't be dug up no matter how much realistic money you want to throw at it. Perhaps the only answer would be to throw another foot of soil across the top of it?

Cost of action/potential loss of revenue for odd game
...................profit or loss.....................................

Red-Osbornello 05-12-2015 14:51

Just remember - The last time we had pitch troubles, we covered the ground in sand and got into the playoffs. Bit of sand this year and we'd be champions... :-P

deeayess 06-12-2015 19:25

1 Attachment(s)
Perhaps Carlisle Utd need a strongly worded letter to get the covers on for the next game!!

And any chance of one to the train companies for Saturday in case your letter to the club works for Saturday. A little bit of wind and rain and the network grinds to a halt :rolleyes: Total disgrace.

choirboy 06-12-2015 19:50

Yonmon. Are you suggesting here that Cashy has another job ......?
Quote;"agony aunt in Women's Weekly when viewing his/her posts, I do get a little confused". ( Cashy knows what I mean !).

Perhaps Somerset is in touch with a deity far beyond our humble northern comprehension Yonmon???......
......The Aztec god Tlaloc.....Tlaloc was an important deity in Aztec religion; as supreme god of the rains, he was also by extension a god of fertility and of water. He was widely worshipped as a beneficent giver of life and sustenance, but he was also feared for his ability to send hail, thunder, and lightning, and for being the lord of the powerful element of water.
....Or am I just p....ng into the wind?
Or is Somerset suffering from imbibing too much of Dorset's fruity nectar?...hic!

Exile on Spencer St 06-12-2015 19:55

Brunton Park has always been flood prone but the regular top dressing of Eden silt it gets every decade, together with Cumbrian turf, is why they've otherwise always had one of the best pitches in the country.

By the way, I'm praying Wycombe pull one of the top Premier clubs tomorrow night in the hope they're still thinking about it on Saturday.

Exile on Spencer St 06-12-2015 19:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by choirboy (Post 1156121)
.....Tlaloc ...was also feared for his ability to send hail, thunder, and lightning,....

I don't care how old he is, get his agent on the phone and sign him up now.

choirboy 06-12-2015 20:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by maccawozzagod (Post 1156033)
The pitch is infinitely better than it has ever been. It seems to cope with prolonged rain but can't cope with a monsoon that suddenly arrives.

In all honesty what could be done to improve it? It sits on a clay bed which really couldn't be dug up no matter how much realistic money you want to throw at it. Perhaps the only answer would be to throw another foot of soil across the top of it?

Cost of action/potential loss of revenue for odd game
...................profit or loss.....................................

Good point.....I live in CLAYton le Moors and stand on the CLAYton end of our ground. Next door to our ground is a massive quarry where they dug out CLAY which was used for the famous NORI brick! I played on our pitch in Stanley's early days in the seventies and we had to play around the large puddles!
When I compare then with now I cannot believe what an amazing pitch we now have! Credit to the club for where we have travelled to in all respects including the pitch, and to Buzza for maintaining such a wonderful playing surface. The weather this Autumn has been very unusual in that we had a bone dry October and totally sodden November. Lets hope that we can make it a 'Frosty' December for all of our opponents in the rest of this month and then we can wish them all a "Very HUMBUG Christmas".
ON STANLEY ON...even with FLIPPERS on!:alright::jimbo:

choirboy 06-12-2015 20:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by deeayess (Post 1156114)
Perhaps Carlisle Utd need a strongly worded letter to get the covers on for the next game!!

And any chance of one to the train companies for Saturday in case your letter to the club works for Saturday. A little bit of wind and rain and the network grinds to a halt :rolleyes: Total disgrace.

Am I correct in recalling that Carlisle played on this pitch only three days after the flood?....
Love from Noah!:iloveyou:

deeayess 06-12-2015 20:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by choirboy (Post 1156125)
Am I correct in recalling that Carlisle played on this pitch only three days after the flood?....
Love from Noah!:iloveyou:

This is a new flood apparently but yes they did after the one before the Portsmouth game I think

Revived Red 07-12-2015 08:31

Quote:

You promised to write a letter in your posting on 9 January this year. Did you ever write it?

I have some questions for you.

If the pitch were to be covered, where would the water go?

Will you be writing not only to Carlisle United but also to the leader of the council in that city to ask why more areas were not covered?

Do you actually have any connection with Accrington? Or are you a Yeovil supporter eagerly looking forward to a trip to Barrow next season? Assuming the latter, you could call in to Carlisle (and Lancaster) during the day and check personally on flood prevention provision.

monkey hanger 07-12-2015 09:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1156123)
I don't care how old he is, get his agent on the phone and sign him up now.

too late he,s off to Morecambe.

yonmon 07-12-2015 16:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by choirboy (Post 1156121)
Yonmon. Are you suggesting here that Cashy has another job ......?
Quote;"agony aunt in Women's Weekly when viewing his/her posts, I do get a little confused". ( Cashy knows what I mean !).

Perhaps Somerset is in touch with a deity far beyond our humble northern comprehension Yonmon???......
......The Aztec god Tlaloc.....Tlaloc was an important deity in Aztec religion; as supreme god of the rains, he was also by extension a god of fertility and of water. He was widely worshipped as a beneficent giver of life and sustenance, but he was also feared for his ability to send hail, thunder, and lightning, and for being the lord of the powerful element of water.
....Or am I just p....ng into the wind?
Or is Somerset suffering from imbibing too much of Dorset's fruity nectar?...hic!

I was merely alluding to our shared opinion of the quality of Somerset's opinions and ramblings when mentioning our mutual friend !.
As for his reaction to your mention of that well-known Aztec wit old Tlaloc, I await this with ' bated breath !..or even the baited breath employed by the ginger Tom who ate Gorgonzola and blew into Mouseholes !.
To return to as near normality as I can manage these days, I really do, with the utmost sincerity commiserate with Carlisle and the host of Junior Clubs who are struggling to cope with the results of the deluge of last weekend !...conditions which do perhaps put a realistic perspective on the bleatings of anyone expressing disgust at the state of The Crown at this time !.

MikeA 07-12-2015 19:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by yonmon (Post 1156166)
To return to as near normality as I can manage these days, I really do, with the utmost sincerity commiserate with Carlisle and the host of Junior Clubs who are struggling to cope with the results of the deluge of last weekend !...conditions which do perhaps put a realistic perspective on the bleatings of anyone expressing disgust at the state of The Crown at this time !.

My thoughts are with Carlisle residents who are affected by the floods. Looking at the state of Carlisle's pitch, it's way beyond anything that Buzzer and Accy have ever had to cope with:
Storm Desmond: Aerial images show Carlisle floods - ITV News

I just hope the locals came come out of this with as little hassle as can be possible and that United return to normality sooner rather than later.

Chimer 07-12-2015 21:03

For the benefit of us exiles, did Accy or anywhere in the immediate area suffer any significant flood problems over the weekend?

cashman 07-12-2015 21:18

Not to my knowledge, it dont tend to flood a great deal around here, the river stink aint no Rhine or Danube.:D

smobile 08-12-2015 08:58

Dare I say that the weather ain't looking too bad for this weekend............

I'm setting off up on Thursday regardless.

Might even get a free brew in Cuppas if I bump into Cashy :D

Revived Red 08-12-2015 13:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by smobile (Post 1156216)

And I've booked my rail tickets. Diversions in force, though, and, for some bizarre reason, no return tickets. So I had to book singles - 12 separate tickets!!
:confused::confused::confused:

Exile on Spencer St 08-12-2015 16:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Revived Red (Post 1156223)
. So I had to book singles - 12 separate tickets!!
:confused::confused::confused:

Economies of scale?:rolleyes:

andyd 10-12-2015 12:16

Weather not looking good Saturday I,m afraid heavy rain forecast from early morning till late afternoon look,s like it could be down to the God,s again.

AccyMad 10-12-2015 12:21

It'll be ok, cos Somerset has presumably sent his letter to the club so they can cover the pitch with it - just hope they got it in time :)

Exile on Spencer St 10-12-2015 18:10

With his obsession about flooding, does anyone know if Somerset is on the level(s)?

accybeme 11-12-2015 18:33

maybe somerset's a member of HAARP

cashman 11-12-2015 18:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by accybeme (Post 1156475)
maybe somerset's a member of HAARP

Or Broadmoor?:D

cashman 11-12-2015 18:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by smobile (Post 1156216)

Might even get a free brew in Cuppas if I bump into Cashy :D

Our brekkie snack was very good this morning Si, shame if the forecast is right.:eek:

andyd 12-12-2015 09:27

According to twitter update at around 11-00am on state of pitch don,t think it,s looking good.

monkey hanger 12-12-2015 10:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1156534)
According to twitter update at around 11-00am on state of pitch don,t think it,s looking good.

anything about pre 2 o,clock pitch inspection. the ref I think is paul Tierney from Lancashire.

andyd 12-12-2015 10:15

Game on at the minute Ref looking again in 30 minutes.

accybeme 12-12-2015 10:19

Ref say's game on a further inspection in half hour if it's doggy now and with rain forecast for most of the afternoon would it not be wise to abandon the match now rather than wait for everyone to arrive for Wycombe

AccyMad 12-12-2015 10:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by accybeme (Post 1156539)
Ref say's game on a further inspection in half hour if it's doggy now and with rain forecast for most of the afternoon would it not be wise to abandon the match now rather than wait for everyone to arrive for Wycombe

First job is to get them dogs off the pitch - could do more harm than any rain :rolleyes:

cashman 12-12-2015 10:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by accybeme (Post 1156539)

Well dont want it called off, but that would be common sense, with whats likely to come.

andyd 12-12-2015 10:32

If the ref say,s game on I presume the pitch is playable can,t see a further half a hour making much difference feel for the Wycombe fans travelling glued to social media waiting for a decision, come on let,s call it one way or the other.

accybeme 12-12-2015 10:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1156540)
First job is to get them dogs off the pitch - could do more harm than any rain :rolleyes:

great eyes AccyMad keep checking my errors are world famous

lancsdave 12-12-2015 10:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1156543)
If the ref say,s game on I presume the pitch is playable can,t see a further half a hour making much difference feel for the Wycombe fans travelling glued to social media waiting for a decision, come on let,s call it one way or the other.

I suspect he's waiting for Buzzer to show that despite what is coming down he can keep on top of it so it doesn't get worse.

lancsdave 12-12-2015 10:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 1156545)
I suspect he's waiting for Buzzer to show that despite what is coming down he can keep on top of it so it doesn't get worse.

Scrap that, I've just seen the tweet about waiting for the managers :)

accybeme 12-12-2015 10:51

What do you think Gareth ?

andyd 12-12-2015 10:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 1156546)
Scrap that, I've just seen the tweet about waiting for the managers :)

What happened to the referee,s making the decision should,nt be down to Managers IMHO.

deeayess 12-12-2015 10:55

I'm waiting in Preston and I'll give it another 45 minutes then either head across or back home. The trains up my way are also a factor since they are being cancelled already

lancsdave 12-12-2015 10:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1156548)
What happened to the referee,s making the decision should,nt be down to Managers IMHO.

In my day it was, but then again 6 inches of mud was a good playing surface :)

andyd 12-12-2015 11:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by deeayess (Post 1156549)
I'm waiting in Preston and I'll give it another 45 minutes then either head across or back home. The trains up my way are also a factor since they are being cancelled already

Feel for you lad get a hot toddy down your neck keep your spirits up.

Chewbacca 12-12-2015 11:03

Quote:

It is - but in consultation with the managers.

monkey hanger 12-12-2015 11:07

Quote:

he,s digging a hole for himself already. if one wants it on and the other not keen and plays it then the 4th. official will get earache all afternoon. talk to the groundsman as he knows every blade of grass and puddle on the pitch and that's from 25 years of experience.

andyd 12-12-2015 11:10

Wycombe fans tweeting their already in Accrington wanting to know on or off come on Stanley make a decision.

accybeme 12-12-2015 11:14

feel for the Wycombe fans on coaches a decision needs to be made

cashman 12-12-2015 11:16

This looks to me, like another pathetic effort.:rolleyes:

deeayess 12-12-2015 11:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1156554)
Wycombe fans tweeting their already in Accrington wanting to know on or off come on Stanley make a decision.

I agree, this is a farce. Either it's on or off rather than it's on for now. I don't know what it's like in accy but it's chucking it down in Preston and I need to decide if I'm wasting another tenner on the train across.

cashman 12-12-2015 11:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by deeayess (Post 1156557)
I agree, this is a farce. Either it's on or off rather than it's on for now. I don't know what it's like in accy but it's chucking it down in Preston and I need to decide if I'm wasting another tenner on the train across.

Up to you mate personally i wouldn't risk it, its raining hard and certainly dont look to me like its gonna stop.:eek:

monkey hanger 12-12-2015 11:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by deeayess (Post 1156557)

calm down lads its only 12.22 too early to make a decision its not 2 o,clock yet.

deeayess 12-12-2015 11:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1156558)
Up to you mate personally i wouldn't risk it, its raining hard and certainly dont look to me like its gonna stop.:eek:

I'm thinking that too but on the other hand I've came this far so what's another tenner. Has the ref been up to the Crown to ask the fans as he seems to have asked everyone else. Can't he just make a decision like he's paid to.

Chewbacca 12-12-2015 11:28

Forecast has heavy rain until 4, it has eased down to medium rain for a minute though.

I can't see it getting any better.

monkey hanger 12-12-2015 11:29

setting off in a couple of mins. love wasting a gallon of diesel AGAIN.

andyd 12-12-2015 11:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by deeayess (Post 1156560)
I'm thinking that too but on the other hand I've came this far so what's another tenner. Has the ref been up to the Crown to ask the fans as he seems to have asked everyone else. Can't he just make a decision like he's paid to.

He,s waiting to see if you have a big pitchfork with you good luck Deeayess.

monkey hanger 12-12-2015 11:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1156563)
He,s waiting to see if you have a big pitchfork with you good luck Deeayess.

no just waiting till everyone sets off or gets here.

yonmon 12-12-2015 11:32

I think that all involved must have come to a decision by now !...and having viewed the weather forecast decided to cancel the game !..BUT. they should communicate all this to all fans asap !...still waiting !

accybeme 12-12-2015 11:33

no wonder people are laughing at us sommerset will have a field day with this

andyd 12-12-2015 11:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by yonmon (Post 1156565)
I think that all involved must have come to a decision by now !...and having viewed the weather forecast decided to cancel the game !..BUT. they should communicate all this to all fans asap !...still waiting !

If that proved to be the case then they should hang their heads in shame.

Chewbacca 12-12-2015 11:38

They are waiting until as late as possible to make a decision it seems with the "for now" in the tweet.

2.5 hrs more rain won't help though.

And there we go 1.30 pitch inspection for a 1.45 call off.

andyd 12-12-2015 11:39

Pitch inspection at 1-30pm unbelievable.

accybeme 12-12-2015 11:42

pitch inspection at 1-30 anymore jokes

anmc 12-12-2015 11:42

I understand that it is the ref's decision at the end, but has he not seen the weather forecast?

cashman 12-12-2015 11:43

This is really taking the pish outa fans, anyone thinks different wants there heads testing.:rolleyes: there has been NO info on the fishy or anything. irrelevant whos decision it is, the paying public deserve info.

yonmon 12-12-2015 11:45

If the game is played won't the possibility of a match between two good footballing sides not be reduced to one decided by who makes the least mistakes on a waterlogged surface ??
Seems that the Managers and Players are willing to put limbs, and reputations at some risk !.

anmc 12-12-2015 11:46

Totally agree.

mab 12-12-2015 11:49

Pics on Twitter shows the pitch in good nick, with Buzzer working hard in the centre..

Chewbacca 12-12-2015 11:50

It

cashman 12-12-2015 11:51

Buzzer always works hard, the guy deserves great credit, the weather has a mind of its own.

andyd 12-12-2015 11:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1156572)
This is really taking the pish outa fans, anyone thinks different wants there heads testing.:rolleyes: there has been NO info on the fishy or anything. irrelevant whos decision it is, the paying public deserve info.

Finally on fishy now,t like taking your time.

yonmon 12-12-2015 11:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by mab (Post 1156575)
Pics on Twitter shows the pitch in good nick, with Buzzer working hard in the centre..

Ever the optimist Mark ??...and looks can be deceiving you know !!.

deeayess 12-12-2015 12:33

Twitter says off

cashman 12-12-2015 12:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by deeayess (Post 1156580)
Twitter says off

eeh what a surprise someone telling fans before the club.:rolleyes:

ossy kid 12-12-2015 12:38

Morcambe off.

widnes viking 12-12-2015 12:38

Official site says off

accybeme 12-12-2015 12:39

looking at the pitch inspection, it shows a ball kicked in the centre circle stopping dead in a puddle of water, the game could have and should have been called off hours ago

yonmon 12-12-2015 12:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by ossy kid (Post 1156583)
Morcambe off.

Sad !!...they could do with the practice !!

deeayess 12-12-2015 12:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1156581)

It was the club twitter. There was a video of the pitch inspection and there is no way it would be on

Bernard Dawson 12-12-2015 12:40

And Fleetwood

AccyMad 12-12-2015 12:41

Absolutely ridiculous to leave it till after 3 inspections - just a thought, does the ref get paid by the hour for the length of time it takes him to make a decision?! Bad enough for us locals but for anyone having to travel any distance it's (in Somerset's words) a disgrace!!

cashman 12-12-2015 12:44

There is NO good reason i can see for calling it off this late!! other than they dont give a stuff about fans.

yonmon 12-12-2015 12:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1156581)

But why Cashy having seen the amount of rain having fallen onto the pitch over the last eight hours, and having access to the information from the Met Office that this, or worse is to come until 5.00 pm at the earliest, and having prior knowledge of the state of affairs during the Newport game which JC considered should ' never have been played'. Why did it take til a few minutes ago to cancel the match ??.
You and I must have made the decision hours ago, without having to even see the pitch !... and in doing so released the information thus removing an awful lot of doubt in many peoples minds as to whether to travel to the game or not !

Hard to understand old friend ??.

Incidentally, if ever we vote for Fan of the Year, then Deayess must be the strongest contender methinks !

JIMSLAD 12-12-2015 12:56

Should have been called off after 1st inspection knowing forcast was for rain all day

yonmon 12-12-2015 13:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by JIMSLAD (Post 1156595)
Should have been called off after 1st inspection knowing forcast was for rain all day

I have no doubt that Buzzer could have made the decision last night !!.

widnes viking 12-12-2015 13:05

Four other Northern FL games off.

AccyMad 12-12-2015 13:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by widnes viking (Post 1156597)
Four other Northern FL games off.

Yeah, but none of them so late - was it just bad luck that we got a ref who was such a ditherer? If it usually takes him that long to make decisions the matches he presides over must be a delight to watch :rolleyes:

monkey hanger 12-12-2015 15:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by JIMSLAD (Post 1156595)

ref had to wait to get intouch with Ellison before a decision could be made.

Revived Red 12-12-2015 22:23

Please spare a thought for the Stanley fan who left home at 7.30 this morning, arrived at Accrington at 1.45 to discover that the game was off, then set off back, and, thanks to various cancellations, delayed trains, missed connections and diversions, arrived at his house ten minutes ago at 11.10pm.

deeayess 12-12-2015 23:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Revived Red (Post 1156658)
Please spare a thought for the Stanley fan who left home at 7.30 this morning, arrived at Accrington at 1.45 to discover that the game was off, then set off back, and, thanks to various cancellations, delayed trains, missed connections and diversions, arrived at his house ten minutes ago at 11.10pm.

I can sympathise with that. By good luck and making connections I was spared that but only because I chose to wait in Preston. It's a pity the idiot ref didn't have to refund us out of his own pocket as today was a farce he caused. The club did what they could but the ref caused the problems.