Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Saturdays Game (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/saturdays-game-67813.html)

Somerset 10-12-2015 16:36

Saturdays Game

If it is to be postponed I would like it to be done tomorrow rather than on Saturday to get the postponement out the way quicker and save the Wycombe fans a wasted journey.

AccyMad 10-12-2015 17:47

Re: Saturdays Game

:I'm not sure which of us is another planet or are all these posts just one big wind up? :rolleyes:

Somerset 10-12-2015 17:52

No I don't want the Wycombe fans to have a wasted journey on Saturday which would be a disgrace

cashman 10-12-2015 18:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Somerset (Post 1156360)
No I don't want the Wycombe fans to have a wasted journey on Saturday which would be a disgrace

No it would be a damn shame, the pitch will be virtually bone dry tomorrow,its your mentality thats a disgrace to me, Sats forecast is a shocker, so the common sense thing is a inspection as soon as poss, that day if the forecast is correct. I have no wish for anyone to travel needlessly home or away fans,Any inspection should be as soon as possible, when the match is in doubt, not when it aint.

Exile on Spencer St 10-12-2015 18:14

Can't we get Malcolm the Mole back, he could help with the drainage.

monkey hanger 11-12-2015 09:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1156365)
,Any inspection should be as soon as possible, when the match is in doubt, not when it aint.

too much like common sense is that one. we.ll have to wait till 2pm as usual. don't know what the weather in accy has been like this week but the othere side of the hill it rained for 12 hours Wednesday night to Thursday morning a bit last night and is raining now. a decision by 5pm tonight should be made if rain is forecast for tomorrow. if in doubt etc.

deeayess 11-12-2015 10:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1156434)
too much like common sense is that one. we.ll have to wait till 2pm as usual. don't know what the weather in accy has been like this week but the othere side of the hill it rained for 12 hours Wednesday night to Thursday morning a bit last night and is raining now. a decision by 5pm tonight should be made if rain is forecast for tomorrow. if in doubt etc.

That would certainly help me. It's bad enough wondering about what's happening in Accy but I've also got to negotiate Dumfries to Carlisle then on to Preston and Accross. I'm not even sure if there will be trains to Carlisle and back if the weather gets worse.

I will probably chance it if the game was definitely on bad that could change by tomorrow morning if there is no trains.

Greeny 11-12-2015 12:12

we have had our share of rain , but heavy showers for the last couple of days, it is dry and sunny at the moment but I haven't taken notice of the weather forecast for tomorrow. Fingers crossed the game is on , but that one is up to the referee I would think.

deeayess 11-12-2015 13:22

I've had a look at a few forecasts and haven't found one I like yet! It varies from heavy rain to heavy snow tomorrow before the game and that's before I worry about getting home :D

sherry 11-12-2015 14:15

Not to mention rain during it! :(