Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By cashman
  • 6 Post By Exile on Spencer St

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2015, 16:36   #1

Saturdays Game

If it is to be postponed I would like it to be done tomorrow rather than on Saturday to get the postponement out the way quicker and save the Wycombe fans a wasted journey.
Somerset is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-12-2015, 17:47   #2
God Member

Re: Saturdays Game

:I'm not sure which of us is another planet or are all these posts just one big wind up?
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 17:52   #3

No I don't want the Wycombe fans to have a wasted journey on Saturday which would be a disgrace
Somerset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 18:11   #4
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somerset View Post
No I don't want the Wycombe fans to have a wasted journey on Saturday which would be a disgrace
No it would be a damn shame, the pitch will be virtually bone dry tomorrow,its your mentality thats a disgrace to me, Sats forecast is a shocker, so the common sense thing is a inspection as soon as poss, that day if the forecast is correct. I have no wish for anyone to travel needlessly home or away fans,Any inspection should be as soon as possible, when the match is in doubt, not when it aint.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 10-12-2015, 18:14   #5
God Member

Can't we get Malcolm the Mole back, he could help with the drainage.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 09:23   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
,Any inspection should be as soon as possible, when the match is in doubt, not when it aint.
too much like common sense is that one. we.ll have to wait till 2pm as usual. don't know what the weather in accy has been like this week but the othere side of the hill it rained for 12 hours Wednesday night to Thursday morning a bit last night and is raining now. a decision by 5pm tonight should be made if rain is forecast for tomorrow. if in doubt etc.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 10:00   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
too much like common sense is that one. we.ll have to wait till 2pm as usual. don't know what the weather in accy has been like this week but the othere side of the hill it rained for 12 hours Wednesday night to Thursday morning a bit last night and is raining now. a decision by 5pm tonight should be made if rain is forecast for tomorrow. if in doubt etc.
That would certainly help me. It's bad enough wondering about what's happening in Accy but I've also got to negotiate Dumfries to Carlisle then on to Preston and Accross. I'm not even sure if there will be trains to Carlisle and back if the weather gets worse.

I will probably chance it if the game was definitely on bad that could change by tomorrow morning if there is no trains.
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 12:12   #8
Full Member+

we have had our share of rain , but heavy showers for the last couple of days, it is dry and sunny at the moment but I haven't taken notice of the weather forecast for tomorrow. Fingers crossed the game is on , but that one is up to the referee I would think.
Greeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 13:22   #9

I've had a look at a few forecasts and haven't found one I like yet! It varies from heavy rain to heavy snow tomorrow before the game and that's before I worry about getting home
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 14:15   #10

Not to mention rain during it!
sherry is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..