Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Daggers Match Thread (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/daggers-match-thread-68112.html)

smobile 19-03-2016 19:40

Re: Daggers Match Thread

Can't wait to see the lads play - Got a double-header coming up.

Travelling up Thursday to pick me dad up, catch the Orient Game, take him down Devon for a week, then bring him back up Friday after and catch Cambridge Game.

football19 19-03-2016 19:49

Don't forget Billy never really featured in the first half a dozen games !,but has more than made up for that.
He's not only our main goal Scoring threat but is key the system we play,holds the ball up,assists,closing down etc..
Coley has to take a little credit for re-energising a player who's always had talent and is on top of his game at the moment

Exile on Spencer St 19-03-2016 21:44

Spot on summary from Phil Whalley.
Great three points but, crikey, Stanley made hard work of it. Saw the video highlights of the midweek games and Oxford could have won 8-0 against Dagenham, but Stanley struggled, and we're lucky, to get the solitary goal to dispatch a pretty poor side.
At half-time I was fearing another outcome like away at Yeovil.
Having said that, the defence were again solid. Some great goalkeeping from Mr.Etheridge to nullify their corners. Matty Pearson was man-mountain, yet again. Captain Conneely was everywhere, mopping up and starting attacks. Good performance from both Messrs Davies and Halliday, and Pierro. Bit disappointed in today's efforts from the Macs ( Cartan and Conville ) and Brown, but MotM once more was the one and only Billy Kee.
From the last few weeks we know how Stanley can perform without either Windass or Crooks, but I really can't imagine how Billy Kee could be replaced.

From the reports today it appears that maybe Stanley weren't the only lucky team in League 2. Orient won against ten-man Morecambe with an 80th minute own goal. Someone's luck will run out on Good Friday.

baldy 20-03-2016 07:33

Highlights... Dagenham 0-1 Accrington | Video | Watch TV Show | Sky Sports

monkey hanger 20-03-2016 07:59

was worried about todays game after playing on Wednesday night. we looked jaded and I thought all the catch up games had caught up with us. all on a level playing field now and no mid week game giving our backroom staff time to patch the lads up. don.t have to play well as long as you grind a win out. roll on Friday afternoon and 3 points against Clapton orient or whatever they call themselves now.

cashman 20-03-2016 10:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by baldy (Post 1164340)

Cheers was relieved to see the chance Cureton missed, hes nearly as owd as me, but still a good striker.:eek: may have been a different game if that had gone in.

AccyMad 20-03-2016 15:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by baldy (Post 1164340)

Check out the badges on that clip, seems Sky Sports don't know their Crawley's from their Daggers - not that it matters, we beat both of 'em.- twice over :D