Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   The Cheltenham Roar (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/the-cheltenham-roar-68565.html)

Lord Didsbury 06-10-2016 13:38

The Cheltenham Roar

Must say I'm very excited for 3pm in Saturday to arrive. I can feel it in my water that Cheltenham will be given a hiding they'll never forget, but the intriguing question is who will deliver it?

Presumably Messrs Gornell and Stanley Fletcher have played their way into contention? Boco is playing well, O'Sullivan back hopefully, Clark too good to drop (in my opinion), Seamus returning to form, Brown almost irreplaceable because we need a hard man. McConville doing ok..... I wonder if Cheltenham wouldn't mind if we make this one 13-a-side?

cashman 06-10-2016 14:25

Re: The Cheltenham Roar

Think Mconvilles banned?

AccyMad 06-10-2016 14:37

You're right Cashy, both Sean & Donacien have collected the required no. of yellows to receive a one match ban so neither will be in contention for this one

Lord Didsbury 06-10-2016 16:51

The Don is out??? Jesus, how could one so noble and fair ever find his way into even the most zealous of referee's notebook?

11-a-side it is. Bring it on.

AccyMad 06-10-2016 17:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury (Post 1178465)
The Don is out??? Jesus, how could one so noble and fair ever find his way into even the most zealous of referee's notebook?

11-a-side it is. Bring it on.

With the standard of referees we usually get, Jesus himself would more than likely be booked if he played for Stanley . . . . . after all, even Paul Mullin did not escape their eagle eyes :rolleyes:

maccawozzagod 06-10-2016 18:08

I cant see Coley changing his usual formation but in lieu of Donacien being absent I'd be tempted with a 3-5-2

Chapman
Pearson Hughes Beckles

Hewitt Conneely Brown
Boco Ronnie

Gornell Fletcher

Nowt against Billy but a rest would do him good as he gets battered every week

AccyMad 06-10-2016 19:57

Am I being thick - who's Ronnie??

dabeast 06-10-2016 20:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1178487)
Am I being thick - who's Ronnie??

I'd say O'Sullivan....

Inspector Morse 06-10-2016 20:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by maccawozzagod (Post 1178472)
I cant see Coley changing his usual formation but in lieu of Donacien being absent I'd be tempted with a 3-5-2

Chapman
Pearson Hughes Beckles

Hewitt Conneely Brown
Boco Ronnie

Gornell Fletcher

Nowt against Billy but a rest would do him good as he gets battered every week

Last time we tried 3 at the back Vyner ended up as a right winger.Who is Ronnie by the way?

maccawozzagod 07-10-2016 07:49

Deffo Rocket Ronnie O'Sullivan. I dont think he suits John. By the way, if you ever hear me refer to Luke it is Jordan Clark, I dont think he suits Jordan :-)

AccyMad 07-10-2016 08:39

Fair enough Macca, you're not the only one who re-names players - Michael Liddle was always Billy to my mum, apparently he didn't look like a Michael :)

monkey hanger 07-10-2016 08:49

can,t say what i used to call craig lindfield in public.

AccyMad 07-10-2016 10:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1178515)

That's a bit naughty - Craig had his moments, he was one of the best make-do right backs we've had :rolleyes:

yerself 07-10-2016 10:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger

I'll wager a bet on it being similar to what many have called Sean McConville.;):D

choirboy 07-10-2016 17:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1178520)
That's a bit naughty - Craig had his moments, he was one of the best make-do right backs we've had :rolleyes:

I'll bet that the only moments Craig had in public were when Monkey Hanger called him those names!!!!:gooddog: