Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Newport's Men of Gwent (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/newports-men-of-gwent-68614.html)

Lord Didsbury 27-10-2016 13:55

Newport's Men of Gwent

There I was, last sunday evening, sat in a seedy pub in Levenshulme with the world famous 'Jon Langford's Men of Gwent'. Turns out they were from Newport.

At the mere mention of Accrington Stanley and the forthcoming match on satdi they all claimed to be rugby fans, or just mere players of folk instruments with no interest in sport at all.

That can only mean one thing: they sense a heavy beating at the hands of pride of Lancashire and wanted no part in it.

I can't blame them, for saturday is the day when it all falls into place. Our legendary defence is inpregnable, the midfield starting to click, and, surely to god, we will see Boco and Fletch start. The consequences for our welsh friends will be dire.

It will be a day when Andy Holt realises that his new massive screen will need to cater for a team scoring double digits. A day when lozenge sellers will be busy for the crowd that have sung and screamed themselves hoarse. A day to tell you children about, and your children's children's children's children.

Marvellous. Cannot wait. Simply cannot blummin wait.

Exile on Spencer St 27-10-2016 21:12

Re: Newport's Men of Gwent

As they are now managed by Westley, I suspect Saturday's game will be another one where the ref will play an important part. Stanley's players will need to keep their heads as evidence unfortunately suggests that they can't expect much protection from officials.

Lord Stiffupperlip 27-10-2016 21:47

Gentlemen,
We have learned from bitter experience that there are no certainty's in football. That we must expect the unexpected. That to underestimate the enemy is fatal. However, if we do not win this game, at home to the bottom of the league, then one thing is certain - we can kiss goodbye to promotion.
If our glorious leader has the courage to give Romy & GTF a start, as opposed to a late substitution, I predict we will win comfortably.
After all, 'He who dares, wins!'

monkey hanger 28-10-2016 08:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1179884)
As they are now managed by Westley, I suspect Saturday's game will be another one where the ref will play an important part. Stanley's players will need to keep their heads as evidence unfortunately suggests that they can't expect much protection from officials.

they,re not bottom of the league for nothing, but they will be fighting for sure. the refs from merseyside so at least he,ll understand coley. need to stand up to parkin as he seems to score against us and if we get fouled make a meal of it as a lot of our opponents seem to do.

maccawozzagod 28-10-2016 10:06

We dont beat Westley teams :-(

Exile on Spencer St 28-10-2016 11:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by maccawozzagod (Post 1179911)

Only to the same extent that Morecambe never beat Stanley.:mad:
All things must pass :) (preferably not back to the keeper, though).

Lord Didsbury 29-10-2016 08:35

Now here's an interesting thing.
Accrington could be anywhere between 5th and 15th after today's match. Blackpool could find themselves one place off the playoffs, or in the relegation zone.
Only Plymouth and today's canon fodder, Newport, can only stay where they are.

https://experimental361.com/2016/10/...s-29-oct-2016/

monkey hanger 29-10-2016 08:55

forget next weeks game at bradford we really need to win this one and a good performance as well. home gates have gone up a bit from last season but another boring draw or defeat and we,ll loose them. a decent day weather wise so i imagine a decent turn out.

Chewbacca 30-10-2016 13:05

Lord Haw Haw tempting fate again :o

Lord Didsbury 30-10-2016 13:10

I swear to god I didn't type any of the above.

Exile on Spencer St 30-10-2016 13:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by maccawozzagod (Post 1179911)

Not yet, Macca.:mad: