Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree8Likes
  • 3 Post By Lord Didsbury
  • 1 Post By Exile on Spencer St
  • 2 Post By Lord Stiffupperlip
  • 2 Post By Exile on Spencer St

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-10-2016, 13:55   #1

Newport's Men of Gwent

There I was, last sunday evening, sat in a seedy pub in Levenshulme with the world famous 'Jon Langford's Men of Gwent'. Turns out they were from Newport.

At the mere mention of Accrington Stanley and the forthcoming match on satdi they all claimed to be rugby fans, or just mere players of folk instruments with no interest in sport at all.

That can only mean one thing: they sense a heavy beating at the hands of pride of Lancashire and wanted no part in it.

I can't blame them, for saturday is the day when it all falls into place. Our legendary defence is inpregnable, the midfield starting to click, and, surely to god, we will see Boco and Fletch start. The consequences for our welsh friends will be dire.

It will be a day when Andy Holt realises that his new massive screen will need to cater for a team scoring double digits. A day when lozenge sellers will be busy for the crowd that have sung and screamed themselves hoarse. A day to tell you children about, and your children's children's children's children.

Marvellous. Cannot wait. Simply cannot blummin wait.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-10-2016, 21:12   #2
God Member

Re: Newport's Men of Gwent

As they are now managed by Westley, I suspect Saturday's game will be another one where the ref will play an important part. Stanley's players will need to keep their heads as evidence unfortunately suggests that they can't expect much protection from officials.
monkey hanger likes this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2016, 21:47   #3

Gentlemen,
We have learned from bitter experience that there are no certainty's in football. That we must expect the unexpected. That to underestimate the enemy is fatal. However, if we do not win this game, at home to the bottom of the league, then one thing is certain - we can kiss goodbye to promotion.
If our glorious leader has the courage to give Romy & GTF a start, as opposed to a late substitution, I predict we will win comfortably.
After all, 'He who dares, wins!'
cashman and Kiwi John like this.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2016, 08:59   #4
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
As they are now managed by Westley, I suspect Saturday's game will be another one where the ref will play an important part. Stanley's players will need to keep their heads as evidence unfortunately suggests that they can't expect much protection from officials.
they,re not bottom of the league for nothing, but they will be fighting for sure. the refs from merseyside so at least he,ll understand coley. need to stand up to parkin as he seems to score against us and if we get fouled make a meal of it as a lot of our opponents seem to do.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2016, 10:06   #5
God Member

We dont beat Westley teams :-(
Old 28-10-2016, 11:10   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
Only to the same extent that Morecambe never beat Stanley.
All things must pass (preferably not back to the keeper, though).
AccyMad and yonmon like this.
Old 29-10-2016, 08:35   #7

Now here's an interesting thing.
Accrington could be anywhere between 5th and 15th after today's match. Blackpool could find themselves one place off the playoffs, or in the relegation zone.
Only Plymouth and today's canon fodder, Newport, can only stay where they are.

https://experimental361.com/2016/10/...s-29-oct-2016/
Old 29-10-2016, 08:55   #8
God Member

forget next weeks game at bradford we really need to win this one and a good performance as well. home gates have gone up a bit from last season but another boring draw or defeat and we,ll loose them. a decent day weather wise so i imagine a decent turn out.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2016, 13:05   #9
Full Member+

Lord Haw Haw tempting fate again
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2016, 13:10   #10

I swear to god I didn't type any of the above.
Old 30-10-2016, 13:42   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
Not yet, Macca.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..