Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Hartlepool match thread (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/hartlepool-match-thread-68694.html)

Inspector Morse 22-11-2016 20:19

Re: Hartlepool match thread

Radio Hartlepool don't know what pen was for and say Stanley playing well with 10 men.

I'm beginning to think the Jam Butty houses may have cursed us.

Exile on Spencer St 22-11-2016 20:23

Can't score, need to score, take off Kee - so do we presume GF-T is being ferried around the country in Stanley's bus for sight-seeing purposes ?:confused:

DAV007 22-11-2016 20:31

We have 2 main problems this season,

We don't have a clinical striker and Hughes can't play 3 games a week, the manager needs to find a proper finisher and get rid of some of the tried and tested but not good enough players like Gornell while rotating the defence.

I still firmly believe we have the most unfit squad in the league and this is and always has been the biggest weakness under Coleman , some may call it something different such as professionalism but to me it's a lack of proper fitness throughout the team at a time in football when fitness is absolutely key and it's giving other lesser teams an advantage over us.

yonmon 22-11-2016 20:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1181852)
Can't score, need to score, take off Kee - so do we presume GF-T is being ferried around the country in Stanley's bus for sight-seeing purposes ?:confused:

Five to go...staring another defeat in the face

yonmon 22-11-2016 20:35

Two down now....not good enough ??

Inspector Morse 22-11-2016 20:36

Game sounds bloody cruel.

andyd 22-11-2016 20:36

2 down going to be a struggle this season Saturday could be a big day.

andyd 22-11-2016 20:37

Down to 18th 3 points off bottom.

Dav1d 22-11-2016 20:38

Coleman out...... Andy holt out....... conference bound! Last one out switch off the lights :rolleyes:

andyd 22-11-2016 20:38

All over.

andyd 22-11-2016 20:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dav1d (Post 1181861)
Coleman out...... Andy holt out....... conference bound! Last one out switch off the lights :rolleyes:

Don,t think Andy Holt will put up with this for long.

AccyMad 22-11-2016 20:44

Touch of deja vu!! All those shots & pressure, they get a penalty & it all unravels??? What the chuff is going on - where's the fighting spirit that saw us beat Burnley, Bradford (twice) & take West Ham to the wire.
Dan said tonight he was baffled - aren't we all!!!

KiTChener 22-11-2016 20:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1181863)
Don,t think Andy Holt will put up with this for long.

worrying,,,,, very worrying!

Exile on Spencer St 22-11-2016 20:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1181860)
Down to 18th 3 points off bottom.

Demotion is only 2 points and a one nil defeat to Cheltenham away! :eek:

Forget any talk of play-offs, Stanley are in a fight for league survival for the next three months at least.
I don't expect to hear anymore about the "potential" of players when it's guts that will be needed now.

st06nc2 22-11-2016 21:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAV007 (Post 1181855)
We have 2 main problems this season,

We don't have a clinical striker and Hughes can't play 3 games a week, the manager needs to find a proper finisher and get rid of some of the tried and tested but not good enough players like Gornell while rotating the defence.

I still firmly believe we have the most unfit squad in the league and this is and always has been the biggest weakness under Coleman , some may call it something different such as professionalism but to me it's a lack of proper fitness throughout the team at a time in football when fitness is absolutely key and it's giving other lesser teams an advantage over us.

Unfit squad? Would a unfit squad beat Bradford on penaltys? Would an unfit squad take burnley to extra time and win? Would an unfit squad nearly take West Ham to extra time? We're just in a bad spell we need to rally behind the team and push them through it