Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   COVENTRY Match Thread (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/coventry-match-thread-69499.html)

Exile on Spencer St 14-10-2017 19:28

Re: COVENTRY Match Thread

Are there any retired mill workers out there who can lip read and give a summary of what Professor Coleman said about the match? :rolleyes:
It's yet another that sounds like he's not in the same room as the interviewer.

cashman 14-10-2017 19:42

I struggled on full volume to hear some of it.:(

Inspector Morse 14-10-2017 19:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Revived Red (Post 1202894)
Any further comment, Inspector?? :rolleyes:

Chapman was my MOTM. Probably best game he's had for us. He now needs to play consistently at this level- and I hope that he does. Well played that man.

Outback Ozzy 14-10-2017 19:58

Fantastic game, spoiled by an referee who did not know what he was doing! Definitely a game of 2 halves, first half Stanley's but defo 2nd half Coventry. Like the Inspector above, i agree with him, Chapman definitely MOTM, he kept Stanley in the game with some excellent saves. I also agree, that if he wants to keep the place, he must play to that standard every week. All I can add is Cart on Stanley

Lord Stiffupperlip 14-10-2017 20:30

What a great game of football we witnessed today.
Balmy Autumn weather & almost a full stadium.
At half. time I thought my prediction of a 2-1 victory was unduly pessimistic, so well did we play.
We could & should have been a couple of goals to the good by half time.
Then Coventry came out with all guns blazing & we went to sleep.
If it wasn't for some simply breathtaking saves from Chappers, the scoreline could have been so different. Got to agree he was definitely m.o.m.
Never been so relieved to hear the final whistle after the closest shave since Sweeney Todd.
Perhaps the most vital & important 3 points we'll earn this season.
Well done boys!

MikeA 14-10-2017 22:11

Video:
Match Report - Accrington 1 - 0 Coventry | 14 Oct 2017

cashman 14-10-2017 22:15

Ta very much MikeA. me missus buggered the recording up tonight.;)

AccyMad 14-10-2017 22:46

Mine didn't record either tonight Cashy, for some reason our series record had moved from the Saturday night program to the repeat showing on Sunday morning??

Chimer 14-10-2017 22:55

Mine missed too, then I thought I'd set it to do tomorrow morning, but it actually picked it up on +1.

Best someone apologises to Mrs Cashy :D

ossy kid 14-10-2017 22:56

Massive 3 points today after last weeks disappointment, sorry I missed this one sounded like a great performance.

Lord Stiffupperlip 14-10-2017 23:03

One thing that puzzles me at the Wham is the ludicrous overwatering of the pitch.
The sprinklers are on full blast for 20 minutes before kick-off & virtually throughout half time.
Even after heavy rain all week it still gets another soaking.
Today there were several near catastrophes with defenders slipping at vital moments.
Perhaps when we concede a goal through this folly the idiot in charge will give it a rest.

Crown Grounder 14-10-2017 23:41

Our defense was outstanding in the second half. They were to a man fantastic. I never thought they would be able to hold out against all the Coventry pressure for over 35 minutes. What a performance!

maccawozzagod 15-10-2017 10:19

Gotta give some credit to the Coventry fans as well, 1500 of them and it would seem they were well behaved and made a big effort to drink the bar dry. On their forum it seems they were impressed with the double decker bus bar (im sure i got laughed at for suggesting that a few years back), and our humble surroundings. They were also impressed with the noise offered by a small home crowd. Makes a refreshing change to get a billy big nuts club who appreciate tiny tinpottery and the efforts our club make to compete

Lord Stiffupperlip 15-10-2017 12:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crown Grounder (Post 1202930)
Our defense was outstanding in the second half. They were to a man. fantastic. I never thought they would be able to hold out against all the Coventry Google Page Ranking.
essure for over 35 minutes. What a performance!

Got to agree CG. I thought the big difference yesterday was the return of Big Ben, how we've missed him.
Some of his superb last ditch tackles kept us in the game.
But my lasting memory will be when Nazon launched an exocet missile toward our goal from 30 yards.
The words 'it's in!' were forming on my lips when, through a crowd of players the sight of what appeared to be horizontal yellow banana flew across the goal to deny them a certain goal.
All hail Chapman!

Chimer 15-10-2017 12:39

I think 76 minutes must be a new record for defending a one goal lead :D