Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   The final run in. (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/the-final-run-in-69829.html)

ossy kid 01-04-2018 17:51

Re: The final run in.

I'll take a pint on that Cash, Champions for me.

cashman 01-04-2018 19:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by ossy kid (Post 1211247)
I'll take a pint on that Cash, Champions for me.

I really hope so, but a pint it is then.;)

monkey hanger 02-04-2018 07:50

being champions would be the iceing on the cake. does the club receive money if they get promoted from somewhere.

MikeA 02-04-2018 08:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1211271)
being champions would be the iceing on the cake. does the club receive money if they get promoted from somewhere.

Nowt! I've just Googled what teams get and the best I can find is this from a Plymouth site last year. Maybe the figures have gone up a bit since then.

Argyle have a great chance of winning the League Two title next week but how much prize money would they receive?

The answer is: none!
There is no extra prize money for winning a championship because all League Two teams receive the same payments from the EFL regardless of finishing position.

Last month I asked those in charge at the EFL how much prize money would a title winning team receive and they confirmed there is no extra prize money for finishing top of League Two and no ladder system operates across all three divisions of the EFL.
So Argyle, should they win the title, will receive the same financial payments as relegated Leyton Orient.

Each League Two club will receive £472,000 as a 'basic award' plus a £430,000 'solidarity payment' from the Premier League.

Basic award across the EFL:
Championship - £2.084m.
League 1 - £677,000.
League 2 - £472,000.

Premier League Solidarity payment across the EFL:
Championship - £4.3m
League 1 - £645,000.
League 2 - £430,000.

A trophy will just have to do!

monkey hanger 02-04-2018 09:01

cheers MikeA. just something i wondered.

accybeme 02-04-2018 09:07

looks like we could lose 4 or 5 local sides from league 1

Chewbacca 02-04-2018 09:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by accybeme (Post 1211279)
looks like we could lose 4 or 5 local sides from league 1

Been looking like 2 or 3 at least for a while, and they are the 5 closest.

Bradford and Blackpool will be the closest left.

Weather today is bad for the next 3/4 hours so could see this one getting called off. The referee always inspects the pitch so more rubbish from AS Twitter on the topic.

VALAIRIAN 02-04-2018 09:33

Not sure about Crown, but watched the FL show for Friday game and there were plenty of bad pitches that saw the game out.

Last thing we need is another game off!!

Everybody think positive thoughts - it is working for Coley and Co. ;)

:) :) :)

monkey hanger 02-04-2018 09:42

Weather today is bad for the next 3/4 hours so could see this one getting called off. The referee always inspects the pitch so more rubbish from AS Twitter on the topic.[/QUOTE]

whats the roads like as i,ve got snow over my way and the gritters seem to be on strike. might have to do some juggling about to get to the game. its just getting over that hill thats the usual problem.

Greeny 02-04-2018 09:45

no snow here at the moment, but very wet.

cashman 02-04-2018 09:51

Sod all to worry about at this end mate, just been out wi the dog raining but sod all else now.

Chewbacca 02-04-2018 09:54

Roads fine here, gritters were out in Hyndburn last night about 9/10pm, saw a couple within a few mins.

Ice on gardens after sleat fall, moderate rain, not quite heavy.

monkey hanger 02-04-2018 10:13

[QUOTE=Chewbacca;1211290]Roads fine here, gritters were out in Hyndburn last night about 9/10pm, saw a couple within a few mins.

cheers to everyone who have replied. think the lack of gritters over my way is because they do not like giving stuff away in yorkshire.

choirboy 02-04-2018 10:20

[QUOTE=monkey hanger;1211291]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chewbacca (Post 1211290)
Roads fine here, gritters were out in Hyndburn last night about 9/10pm, saw a couple within a few mins.

cheers to everyone who have replied. think the lack of gritters over my way is because they do not like giving stuff away in yorkshire.

I've heard that all Yorkshire Gritters are Left Hand drive!!!! tsk tsk!!!!:130::D

choirboy 02-04-2018 10:28

It's still raining steadily down here in Clayton le Moors and I have been monitoring postponements on the BBC Red button......
Several matches off in the North West now at; Bradford City and also, Halifax, Tranmere, Barrow, Stockport, Southport and a few others too. Stanley Website and Twitter saying NO pitch inspection needed but I am sure the Referees will be looking at it at 12.30pm. So watch the website......(usually slow to give notice!) and Twitter, Facebook etc and also the BBC Red Button and the BBC Sport/Football Website. Would be a real pity for County fans to find it postponed when they were nearly in Accrington!:(