Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Irons Match Thread (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/irons-match-thread-70160.html)

Lord Stiffupperlip 02-09-2018 10:22

Re: Irons Match Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1216982)
In the cold light of day, we played really well first half without finishing anything, was alaways gonna be hard with our main 2 strikers from last season absent, but cant understand why what i regard our main threat from corners was absent? Sykes to me should have played, hes a decent threat from sean macs corners, no doubt at all to me. we didn't seem to have anyone that looked like getting on the end of em to me.:confused:

Got to agree there Cashy.
After all the praise young Sykes has received lately I was amazed he was dropped to the bench.
Anderton looks a class act at left-back, but I can't say I'm overly impressed by Ihiekwe.
IMHO both Big Ben & Sykes are as good & have the added advantage of height.
Plus, they've both shown they can hit the back of the net given the chance.

maccawozzagod 02-09-2018 11:00

I think that Sykes will continue to miss odd games through rest. He's young and needs mental rest as much as physical rest, or so football pundits will tell you

cashman 02-09-2018 11:43

Everyone has different views, i think he needs match experience to learn the game. it aint as if hes not playing well? thats the time to rest in my view.

Twenty Eight 02-09-2018 12:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1216978)
Oh i think at 19 he can probably get better! but will never attain League 1 standard, but possibly get good enough for the Conference.:rolleyes: Personally i hope the new loanees are ok and we never see him again.

Hes 21 actually - 22 later this year.

Twenty Eight 02-09-2018 12:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1216978)
Oh i think at 19 he can probably get better! but will never attain League 1 standard, but possibly get good enough for the Conference.:rolleyes: Personally i hope the new loanees are ok and we never see him again.

You mean Zanzala ?
He's 21 - 22 later this year.
He's had 12 starts across his career and has one goal - a penalty.
To be fair to the lad he did have a nasty injury and I cant help feeling that has set him back considerably. He missed a full season with an ACL injury.

cashman 02-09-2018 12:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1216993)
You mean Zanzala ?
He's 21 - 22 later this year.
He's had 12 starts across his career and has one goal - a penalty.
To be fair to the lad he did have a nasty injury and I cant help feeling that has set him back considerably. He missed a full season with an ACL injury.

Fair enough with the age, that makes it worse to me.;)

DAV007 02-09-2018 13:29

How did Zanzala play?
Worth persevering with?

I know some fans for strange reasons don’t like giving individual player reviews (???) but be grateful if any real fans wish to provide ratings for those of us who couldn’t attend.

cashman 02-09-2018 13:33

I thought he was very poor Dav, shooting was bad, kept falling off his feet, not impressed at all.

choirboy 02-09-2018 13:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAV007 (Post 1216995)
How did Zanzala play?
Worth persevering with?

I know some fans for strange reasons don’t like giving individual player reviews (???) but be grateful if any real fans wish to provide ratings for those of us who couldn’t attend.

Zanzala played quite well for me and he is worth persevering with but he should have scored a couple of goals yesterday.

Ratings?!?...Here goes;:egged:

Ripley K+
Johnson 2 to 8
Hughes XXX
Eckylad 69
Atherton AA
Clarke 300%
Finlay 707
Brown 666
Coneely SAS
Zanzala C-
McConville 28 1/2

Hope this helps Dav!But you will have to work out mys system!:mosher:

By the way Stanley SHOULD have won 6 - 0!

Twenty Eight 02-09-2018 14:07

Jordan's had a great start to the season. OK missed a couple but if it wasn't for the woodwork .............
Yet again albeit for a short spell he looked the part down the left.
For me I'd take a chance on him in the Finlay role.

Chrisr 02-09-2018 15:20

I would have put susa and piero on together and played Mangan from the start. We allowed a worse team to drag us down to their level. We should have won that game as this is where we need to be picking up points in this league. We are holding our own so far I am at a loss with our tactics at times and our substitution policy. but so far so good

Twenty Eight 02-09-2018 17:18

Mate
Which three would you have dropped to facilitate this ?

cashman 02-09-2018 19:10

Myself given injuriies thought our starting line up on sat was very good. But would have put mangan on after about 1 Hr, cos Zanzala wasn't cutting it.

DAV007 02-09-2018 19:43

I appreciate Cashman’s honesty and point of view

And for anyone who doesn’t like such honesty, Cashman will be the first to hope Zanzala proves him wrong and becomes a top player moving on to a big club on a big fee (after he scores 30 in the league and gets Stanley into the championship).

DAV007 02-09-2018 19:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by choirboy (Post 1216997)
Zanzala played quite well for me and he is worth persevering with but he should have scored a couple of goals yesterday.

Ratings?!?...Here goes;:egged:

Ripley K+
Johnson 2 to 8
Hughes XXX
Eckylad 69
Atherton AA
Clarke 300%
Finlay 707
Brown 666
Coneely SAS
Zanzala C-
McConville 28 1/2

Hope this helps Dav!But you will have to work out mys system!:mosher:

By the way Stanley SHOULD have won 6 - 0!

Your better than this