Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Clayton End v Derby (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/clayton-end-v-derby-70390.html)

AccyMad 26-01-2019 08:48

Re: Clayton End v Derby

Anybody else got a touch of tummy ache &/or feeling ever so slightly sick? It's a wonderful thing this football lark :)

Greeny 26-01-2019 08:52

yes Diane, just spoke to your mum, we both the same.
Well the stage is set , the audience on their way , act 1 starts at 12.30 with a mighty cheer and then enter the stars Accrington Stanley to shock the FA cup round. Come on lads we are ALL behind you, Good Luck .

DaveL 26-01-2019 08:57

Looking forward to the game.My grandfather was a player and a tough tackler.
He will be looking down saying "get into em lads"
Have Accrington got any physical players that like a tackle?

Lord Didsbury 26-01-2019 14:34

Great day out! Well done Jase I was very proud of the noise and colour today.

Great match too. Think we were the better side and just needed a bit of luck with a few of the shots we had that got blocked. In time honoured fashion we played better with 10 men.

Hard to pick a MOTM. Conneely deserves special mention. Thought he was excellent considering his lack of games. Great having the Don back...Ipswich are mental. Sykes was colossal, Johnson must have doubled his value. Barlaser was great before his rash challenge. Thought Kee did well too.

Lord Didsbury 26-01-2019 14:49

Oh dear, just watched Coley’s interview.

cashman 26-01-2019 14:51

Thought every man played their part today, great performance against a goodside. seems Nugent has been gobbing off after the game, saying he hopes they get another easy tie next round what a gob****e

Twenty Eight 26-01-2019 16:09

I understand Coley feeling like he does but I just think it’s unfair to have a go at Jordan and Billy.
He had every chance to say how proud he was of each and every one of them who gave their all.
No need for it.
Yes Coley we know you’d never miss those chances ...........

Twenty Eight 26-01-2019 16:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury (Post 1223402)
Great day out! Well done Jase I was very proud of the noise and colour today.

Great match too. Think we were the better side and just needed a bit of luck with a few of the shots we had that got blocked. In time honoured fashion we played better with 10 men.

Hard to pick a MOTM. Conneely deserves special mention. Thought he was excellent considering his lack of games. Great having the Don back...Ipswich are mental. Sykes was colossal, Johnson must have doubled his value. Barlaser was great before his rash challenge. Thought Kee did well too.

They all played their part Lord.
Not a down side to any performance one to eleven.

The Red Darreners 26-01-2019 16:42

Gutting.
So proud of the club, staff, supporters, players and management today.

We were stuck in the corner of the main stand next to the dressing roooms - fantastic show, as usual, from the Clayton End.
Congrats to Jase and all who organise it

Rams support played a part in providing a fantastic atmosphere.
Diddled again, this time by an arrogant, show-pony of a ref- every time I see Moss he appears to be ever-more theatrical and attention-seeking.
Is it the same Jon Moss who used to be in Culture Club?

We thought Seamus had his best game for us for some time, but agree with his Lordship that everyone played their part, and left it all out there. Hope people feel more confident these days in Maxted too- he exudes a quiet authority and calm, and makes some good saves. Smyth only got 10 mins but looked really promising.

REALLY feel for Coley - you could reach out and touch his pain.
We DO need to start finding the back of the net again, though....
KTF - it's all we can do!!

yonmon 26-01-2019 18:46

If anyone stood out in our team of heroes, it was in my humble opinion Mark Hughes who held the back line together superbly well, kept an ageing David Nugent in his pocket, made some telling tackles and interceptions, and altogether proved yet again what an honest professional footballer he is !.

With today's game in mind, my trepidations for our League position and games yet to be played seem a little less menacing.

ON STANLEY !... ON TO GREATER THINGS !!.

Exile on Spencer St 26-01-2019 18:53

We watched the game in the luxury ;) at Basingstoke Town FC and was proud of Stanley’s players and fans, who put on a fantastic show.
Thought it was a good, competitive game and that Stanley were the equal of their Championship guests. Every player deserves credit for their efforts today.

Once again, however, a couple of poor decisions by the ref spoiled a fair contest. Having the benefit of slo-mo replays just why Ross Sykes was penalised for chasing back, tackling a player, and then coming away with the ball was one of the more mystifying decisions.

Really feel for Professor Coleman and Jimmy Bell but just hope that, after a couple of days concentrating on the midfield options for Gillingham, they can agree with the rest of us that this year’s Cup campaign was great for the club and the fans. Well done, lads.

cashman 26-01-2019 18:55

To be honest mate i have no worries oer our season, as the lads will tell yeh,:rolleyes: I have seen some good stuff this season and am sure we will be fine. Also heard that Lampard came to the Clayton End and Applauded our fans? fair play to the guy thats what i call "Class"

smudgie 26-01-2019 19:06

Fair play to Jase and all involved, Clayton End looked superb today.

As for the game, proud but disappointed I think.

Thought the whole back line looked solid, Johnson and Don in particular looked superb.

As for Barlaser, thought he let himself down today, you simply CANNOT jump in like that, foul and expect to get away with it. Very poor, despite what Coley says.

We just dont look threatening enough up top, as much as Billy tries he needs help. Thought it was the perfect game for a Zanzala cameo today, alas not to be.

Subs again WAY too late for me, I just don't understand why leave it so late ???! We have NOTHING to lose by throwing 3 on with 20 mins to go.

cashman 26-01-2019 19:21

The only thing i thought wrong with today,was the Fact we were at home,in a must win game, yet played Billy up front alone, not knocking the performance which was great, but the STRUCTURE.

Inspector Morse 26-01-2019 19:35

Structure kept us in the game right to the end.

Shame we never got chance to see Barlaser threading balls for Smyth.