Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Our neighbours.......... (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/our-neighbours-70658.html)

VALAIRIAN 29-07-2019 21:12

Our neighbours..........

Not looking good at the moments for our friends at Gigg Lane....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49156362

Hope things get sorted soon!!

:) :) :)

AccyMad 29-07-2019 21:24

Re: Our neighbours..........

Terrible news, hope they can pull through - everything crossed

smudgie 29-07-2019 22:08

Very sad state of affairs.

A situation we only know too well.

Hopefully everything get's sorted.

accybeme 30-07-2019 07:07

very sad state of affairs but maybe the board have been paying wages beyond their means, a footy.com. blog reports that in april 2018 bury players were on an av. weekly wage of £2,400,

cashman 30-07-2019 08:41

Sure hope they survive.:eek: aint looking good though.

monkey hanger 30-07-2019 09:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by accybeme (Post 1229934)
very sad state of affairs but maybe the board have been paying wages beyond their means, a footy.com. blog reports that in april 2018 bury players were on an av. weekly wage of £2,400,

seems the above is true and the wages being nearly double near neighbour rochdale. all fans want success, but if they realised the possible cost of last seasons i doubt anyone would have wanted it.

VALAIRIAN 30-07-2019 09:04

The link has been updated since I posted it.....

Talking about our game.......... :(

"In addition, the EFL board, if not in possession of the necessary evidence by 12:00 on Friday, 2 August, will make a determination as to whether to suspend Bury's away fixture at Accrington Stanley."

VALAIRIAN 30-07-2019 11:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 744514)
To ALL visiting fans fer coming to stanley n helping the reds with the fight, Fans from Bury,Burnley,Bolton, etc must have been other clubs i did not see,your attendence was greatly welcomed, just a pity no-one in the heirarchy had the wit to get on pitch at half time wi a microphone n do this. ya missed a good P.R. oppertunity wake up fer god sake.:( the rank n file fans around me certainly recognised the goodness of these fans.

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlmason (Post 744553)
thanks for tonight lads I had a great time and so did the fans that I was sat with at the front of the clayton. Nice to meet Rob at the Oaklea and were made welcome by all. By the way, the fans in the red and white stripped shirts were Bury fans, thats our new away kit and I got asked twice if I was a sunderland fan? LOL!!!

Thought it was great when you scored your second your player ran to the fans but actually ended up coming right up to about 10 Bury fans with us who gave him a great response I must add.

Anyway Id definately come back again if Bury werent playing. Good luck for the future and the pleasure was ours!!!

Remembered this and it seems like last week......

accybeme 30-07-2019 12:51

just of a matter of interest the link to the footy.com blog on av. wages of players & fans dated from april 2018 https://www.footy.com/footballers-vs...u-vs-your-club

VALAIRIAN 30-07-2019 13:37

How old is that?????

:)

accybeme 30-07-2019 14:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1229945)
How old is that?????

:)

Click the link: https://www.footy.com/blog/post/2018...rs-vs-the-fans
it takes you to a blog posted by Plil Delves on the 04/05/2018 Under the picture of Eden Hazard there is a high-lighted link (the wage gap - footballers vs the fans) that takes you their

Chewbacca 30-07-2019 20:17

I wonder if we do play them will Mr "mighty, mighty shakers" be back on the PA?

MikeA 02-08-2019 17:40

Like all of us, I'm hoping that the situation with Bolton and Bury is sorted out to the satisfaction of their fans.

I was surprised to read this in the Guardian:

If that does happen, the EFL board will then meet to review Bury’s overall situation and a possible expulsion from the league is among the options it could then consider. If that were to happen, the EFL clarified that League One would be played with 23 rather than 24 clubs and next season an extra club would be promoted from League Two.

I would have thought it would have been the other way round, with one fewer side being relegated from League One.

The article's at https://www.theguardian.com/football...ll-league-bury

cashman 02-08-2019 17:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeA (Post 1230035)
Like all of us, I'm hoping that the situation with Bolton and Bury is sorted out to the satisfaction of their fans.

I was surprised to read this in the Guardian:

If that does happen, the EFL board will then meet to review Bury’s overall situation and a possible expulsion from the league is among the options it could then consider. If that were to happen, the EFL clarified that League One would be played with 23 rather than 24 clubs and next season an extra club would be promoted from League Two.

I would have thought it would have been the other way round, with one fewer side being relegated from League One.

The article's at https://www.theguardian.com/football...ll-league-bury

That would be sensible but dont forget,as well as useless the E.F.L. is stupid.

Outback Ozzy 02-08-2019 21:46

The EFL has now suspended our first home game due to Bury not being able to show that their finances have been sorted sufficiently to pay off creditors etc. The game will be re-arranged for a later date (assuming the club survive)

AccyMad 02-08-2019 21:57

Terrible news, had everything crossed it would go ahead - looking grim for Bury, heartbreaking for their fans :(

yonmon 03-08-2019 08:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1230053)
Terrible news, had everything crossed it would go ahead - looking grim for Bury, heartbreaking for their fans :(

From an informed ( well he tells me that he is !) Bury supporter, things on the executive side of the Club are really much worse than is currently being reported and are likely to deteriorate even further !.
Now if that is so then for everyone there the future must seem not only bleak, but also so heart-rending for everyone who has any affiliation with the Club

From the sidelines I can, remembering the good times watching games at Gigg Lane,
And less so when sitting in a Railway carriage at Bury Station when the footbridge there collapsed on top of us !, only watch again and hope that survival can be achieved and ensured for our friends at their ancient and proud Football Club.

ON BURY !.. ON TO SURVIVAL AND GREATER THINGS !

VALAIRIAN 03-08-2019 09:07

Great post my friend :notworthy :notworthy

Chimer 03-08-2019 10:53

Feeling really concerned and sorry for Bury and their fans, but also concerned that losing that game (surely a certain sellout) will be a kick in the financial coffers for us, coming after three months without any income to speak of.

VALAIRIAN 03-08-2019 10:59

Would have been a massive blow years ago, but things are better these days ;)

Let us hope that 10 years down the line, Bury can say the same.....................

AccyMad 03-08-2019 11:29

OSC have just posted on Facebook that next Saturday there will be a game between Stanley fans & Bury fans (12.30 kick off - venue to be confirmed).
Then after the game, from 3pm there's a barbecue, live band & disco behind the Clayton End - all proceeds to go to the Bury fans to help with their fight
Great gesture, well done to the organisers

VALAIRIAN 03-08-2019 11:36

Brilliant idea - well done :)

VALAIRIAN 03-08-2019 11:40

On Twitter also now :)

Pity it could not be played at The Crown... H&S Etc. will be an issue..

Just hope it is well attended :)

cashman 03-08-2019 12:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1230079)
On Twitter also now :)

Pity it could not be played at The Crown... H&S Etc. will be an issue..

Just hope it is well attended :)

Dont understand why it cannot? if had been Bury match it would have been.

VALAIRIAN 03-08-2019 12:17

Would imagine there is a massive difference between a professional game and a bit of a kickabout (not trying to run anybody/anything down, but that is what it is essentially)

We will have to wait and see, no matter where it is played, it is a great idea :)

Spartacus2nd 03-08-2019 12:18

Please post it on any ither forums you go on as well, solidarity between fans etc

https://www.facebook.com/23134272054...6920272987033/

Exile on Spencer St 03-08-2019 13:55

The most ludicrous thing i’ve heard, if I heard it right, about Bury’s plight is that EFL, in its wisdom:rolleyes:, has suggested that if Bury are thrown out (god forbid) then League 1 will only have 23 teams, but at the season’s end 4 will still be relegated and an extra club will be promoted for next season from League 2 (and presumably so on down the pyramids).
So the team who finishes 20th in L1, and would have escaped the drop normally, will be relegated, and some lucky club from L2 will get promoted.
Why would the EFL think it fair to punish a totally unconnected L1 club for Bury’s problems?
If that is a serious suggestion, then the EFL are bigger p*** artists than the sweet FA.

cashman 03-08-2019 15:03

The E.F.L. is totally useless no idea at all imho.

monkey hanger 04-08-2019 11:10

So the team who finishes 20th in L1, and would have escaped the drop normally, will be relegated, and some lucky club from L2 will get promoted.
Why would the EFL think it fair to punish a totally unconnected L1 club for Bury’s problems?
If that is a serious suggestion, then the EFL are bigger p*** artists than the sweet FA.[/QUOTE]

the chant of, you don,t know what you,re doing comes to mind.

choirboy 06-08-2019 10:00

Are there any details yet about the Stanley Fans v Bury Fans charity match intended for Saturday at 12.30pm?
Re; location, admission prices, other activities on the day etc.

VALAIRIAN 06-08-2019 12:24

There you go mate :)

Are you thinking of donning your boots? :)

https://accringtonstanley.co.uk/2019/08/fans-match/

Spartacus2nd 06-08-2019 12:46

£2.50 per pint and a quid of it going to yonners. Can we get a thousand up there?

choirboy 06-08-2019 16:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1230160)

Great stuff. I’ll be there but my boots will have to stay in the cupboard. They have been in there for over forty years now!:theband:

Revived Red 06-08-2019 16:13

So Premier league clubs have already spent over £1 billion during this current transfer window. Last season Liverpool paid over £43 million to agents. And all the time clubs such as Bury fight for their very existence. How much longer can the football authorities (whoever they may be??) allow this shameful state of affairs to exist?

ferret man 06-08-2019 16:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spartacus2nd (Post 1230161)
£2.50 per pint and a quid of it going to yonners. Can we get a thousand up there?

Looking at the Title and the price of a pint, just reminds me are Rochdale ripping off away supporters in the clubhouse bar this season.

cashman 06-08-2019 17:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by ferret man (Post 1230166)
Looking at the Title and the price of a pint, just reminds me are Rochdale ripping off away supporters in the clubhouse bar this season.

well they always do, doubt if they will change.:(

Exile on Spencer St 06-08-2019 18:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Revived Red (Post 1230165)
So Premier league clubs have already spent over £1 billion during this current transfer window. Last season Liverpool paid over £43 million to agents. And all the time clubs such as Bury fight for their very existence. How much longer can the football authorities (whoever they may be??) allow this shameful state of affairs to exist?

Presumably for as long as those in the football authorities are still getting enough of the money to pay their salaries, pensions, and perks.:rolleyes:

Chewbacca 06-08-2019 22:41

The game will only make decent money if the players are charged to play. No idea what the arrangement is.

Spartacus2nd 07-08-2019 17:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chewbacca (Post 1230173)
The game will only make decent money if the players are charged to play. No idea what the arrangement is.

Eric Whalley wouldve loved that arrangement

AccyMad 08-08-2019 12:38

Bury have been given a 14 day withdrawal of membership notice by the EFL, they now have till 23rd August to provide the information on their finances needed or it could be curtains - sad times

Twenty Eight 08-08-2019 13:47

It’s actually a bit worse ....... the deadline for financial plan disclosure to pay off creditors is Wednesday 14th.

VALAIRIAN 08-08-2019 14:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1230196)
Bury have been given a 14 day withdrawal of membership notice by the EFL, they now have till 23rd August to provide the information on their finances needed or it could be curtains - sad times

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49280328

Do not get why they have stopped them playing in the cup??

On second thoughts, I suppose if they went through and then were thrown out, it would be an issue...........

As you say, sad times :(

Let us hope we can raise some cash for the players and staff at the weekend... :)

yonmon 08-08-2019 15:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1230198)
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49280328

Do not get why they have stopped them playing in the cup??

On second thoughts, I suppose if they went through and then were thrown out, it would be an issue...........

As you say, sad times :(

Let us hope we can raise some cash for the players and staff at the weekend... :)

So Bury's Management Owners, and Administrators may have been profligate with their Finances last season as we have all read. This being the case then some criticism must fall on their shoulders.
But what I cannot accept is the disinterest in the Club's present predicament ( which now contains the threat of expulsion from League football ), shown by the EFL, The FA, The PFA , neighbouring Premiership Clubs, the Premiership' s ' soccer millionaires ', the list goes on !.
If this ignoring of one of the potential demise of one of our more traditional clubs is indicative of our national game then all on our Forum and elsewhere who have rightly
criticised this Scrooge -like behaviour have got it totally correct !.
Do you echo my hope that one or more of the organisation's or individuals mentioned have a change of heart in relation to our suffering neighbours at Gigg Lane and prove to be the saviour needed at this time ?. It would end the heartache which we know is having such negative effects on the Players, Management and Supporters day in day out !.
Just a voice crying in the wilderness ?, but I had to say it !.

ON BURY !..ON TO SURVIVAL AND SUCCESS !

VALAIRIAN 08-08-2019 16:56

Well said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

VALAIRIAN 08-08-2019 17:02

What also annoys me - and I know people can do what they want with their money!!! - is that 2/5 of those who have put money into $4£ord, were born in Bury :idunno:

Exile on Spencer St 08-08-2019 17:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1230203)
What also annoys me - and I know people can do what they want with their money!!! - is that 2/5 of those who have put money into $4£ord, were born in Bury :idunno:

And doesn’t Gigg Lane have a stand named in honour of their father?

VALAIRIAN 08-08-2019 17:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1230204)
And doesn’t Gigg Lane have a stand named in honour of their father?

Correct my exiled friend...............

https://www.buryfc.co.uk/news/2015/n...neville-stand/

monkey hanger 09-08-2019 08:08

[QUOTE=VALAIRIAN;1230203]What also annoys me - and I know people can do what they want with their money!!! - is that 2/5 of those who have put money into $4£ord, were born in Bury :idunno:

thing is you have no option in where you are born but have options after that. the salford situation with them is history now. only they will know if they actually wanted to invest in bury before the salford situation and were shown the door. way things are going at bury and salford it seems they were wiser to invest in the latter.

VALAIRIAN 09-08-2019 09:24

But, they could put money in now and could have put it in years ago...................

Also, cannot say whether or not they were wiser after the fact.

If they had been involved somehow, things might not be as grave!

Anyway, as you say, all history now, just hope that they can get it sorted :)

VALAIRIAN 09-08-2019 09:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spartacus2nd (Post 1230083)
Please post it on any ither forums you go on as well, solidarity between fans etc

https://www.facebook.com/23134272054...6920272987033/

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1230160)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spartacus2nd (Post 1230161)

Wonder how much national publicity this has??

Not being a Social Media user, it is not easy to find out....

yonmon 09-08-2019 13:01

" Why bail out Bury after £4million blunder?
Transfer deadline day was reaching its shrill crescendo when the Football League announced that Bury's Carabao Cup game with Sheffield Wednesday was off.

It is easy, in the circumstances, to make comparisons between football's have and have nots; the fraction of Harry Maguire's transfer fee that would preserve football 10 miles down the road. How much was leaking out of the game to agents when Bury, and Bolton perhaps, lay dying.

Yet United paying the extortionate going rate for a sought-after centre half, or an agent securing his fee to facilitate a complex sequence of transfers, is not the reason Bury are struggling. They spent money they did not have to finance a promotion they could not afford.

Bury got it horribly wrong. That is the story of football throughout time. Clubs rise and fall because of good and bad decisions. These decisions are made on the field, by managers and coaches or in the boardroom "....

So quoth Martin Samuels in today's Daily Mail !, this opinion from one of the country's leading sportswriters flies headlong into the face of all that our fans who will be striving their best tomorrow to raise some funds for Bury's Fighting Fund and the rest of us are thinking !.

How can the rest of England's soccer world create some desire to help a struggling League 1 Club when faced with such negative words and opinions ?.

I despair !!.. BUT :-

ON BURY !.. ON TO SURVIVAL AND SUCCESS !

AccyMad 09-08-2019 13:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chewbacca (Post 1230173)

The players are paying £10 each to take part I believe

mab 10-08-2019 16:51

How did it go today??

VALAIRIAN 10-08-2019 17:15

Did not make it to the game - 16-1 to Stanley I believe - only went to ground :)

Not a bad turn out, as the weather was atrocious....

Got a good feeling from everybody there - Bury FANs in particular!!

Young lad with guitar singing was OK :)

Jase picked up the 'Lancashire Pals' trophy :)

Only had a couple of hours there, maybe get some other reports from other there :)

Lord Stiffupperlip 11-08-2019 14:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by yonmon (Post 1230218)
" Why bail out Bury after £4 million blunder?
Bury got it horribly wrong. That is the story of football throughout time. Clubs rise and fall because of good and bad decisions. These decisions are made on the field, by managers and coaches or in the boardroom "....
So quoth Martin Samuel's in today's Daily Mail !, this opinion from one of the country's leading sportswriters flies headlong into the face of all that our fans who will be striving their best tomorrow to raise some funds for Bury's Fighting Fund and the rest of us are thinking !.

I normally respect Martin Samuel's column, but this is a cold hard view of the facts.
Football is more than an accountants balance sheet. It is about local communities.
About providing employment for young players & pleasure for loyal fans who pay to attend games.
If you take Samuel's argument to its logical conclusion; 'No mercy for unprofitable clubs!' - we'd end up with a football league of 5 or 6 clubs.
You've got to sympathise with Bury. In many respects they mirror Stanley.
A small local club trying to exist in the shadow of 2 giants of the game.
To rub salt in the wound, they've now got moneybags Salford on their doorstep.
The EFL's decision to cancel Saturdays game with us cost both Bury & ASFC.
Apart from the gate revenue, all of our hospitality revenue went down the drain.
Do you think the EFL will compensate Stanley for this?????
Martin Samuel's would do well to read the statement of the Bury chairman after the cancellation - he might well change his mind about where the guilt lies.
https://www.buryfc.co.uk/news/2019/a...stponed-by-efl

AccyMad 11-08-2019 15:24

Just over £1400 raised so far with the bar & BBQ takings still to be added in - brilliant!

yonmon 11-08-2019 18:28

Lord.S. !,

I applaud your post, but do you know what concerns me even more ? . It is the apparent corporate shrug of the shoulders accompanied by a general ' so what ? ' demonstrated by the rest of English football ( Accrington Stanley excepted of course ! )in relation to Bury's imminent demise as a League Football Club .
The ' haves ' are apparently winning this one hands down !.. which is both sad and worrying when thinking about the state of our National game !.

choirboy 12-08-2019 07:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1230258)
Just over £1400 raised so far with the bar & BBQ takings still to be added in - brilliant!

Despite the awful weather it was a great event and a super show of solidarity between fans of smaller clubs. The chaps and young lads had a really good run out in the match and their was a good turn out at the ground for the BBQ and beer session.:theband:
Whilst £1,400 + doesn’t sound much in the greater situation of a club in serious financial trouble, it certainly sends a message to the rest of the football world how firmly the fraternity of smaller clubs are standing together.:wave8::signbeer::rose8:
Andy Holt, ‘The People’s Chairman’, once again chatted with supporters of both clubs and he talks so much common sense......
We just need the powers that be to listen!:mosher:

AccyMad 15-08-2019 13:50

Total raised including a bucket collection on Tuesday night is just over £2,275 - absolutely brilliant

monkey hanger 16-08-2019 08:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by yonmon (Post 1230264)
Lord.S. !,

The ' haves ' are apparently winning this one hands down !.. which is both sad and worrying when thinking about the state of our National game !.

true and the premier league talk about wages and transfer fees in money we cannot get our head around. non premier fans talk about if x or y is given by the premier league to help clubs out instead of inflating wages and transfer fees then this should be the way forward. the only problem with this is whats stopping another lower league club to overspend knowing there is a safety net if there spending does not come off. always supported a lowe league strugglng club and hate to see anyone go, but if the league cannot sort clubs out then i,m afraid some with their dodgy owners will have to go.

MikeA 20-08-2019 13:16

More common sense from Andy:
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...vABaAF1_piRLEc

cashman 20-08-2019 14:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeA (Post 1230622)

its great sense but the E.F.L. dont like sense.

AccyMad 20-08-2019 17:33

Just been on Granada Reports that Bury have been kicked out of the Carabou Cup for not playing their fixture last week, they've also had a 6th game v Tranmere this weekend suspended & they said there's a rumour that Steve Dale has turned down a bid to buy the club from a former chairman - very sad

Twenty Eight 20-08-2019 17:41

Not a rumour definite bid. However Dale reckons he’s got another interested party at a higher figure.
Going to the wire this.
League have confirmed if expelled there will only be three down this season.

AccyMad 21-08-2019 06:51

Just worded my post as it was reported on the local news, however it seems that the bid was from the previous owner of Port Vale, Norman Smurthwaite, & he couldn't have taken Bury over as he still has a financial interest in Vale - the waters get muddier & muddier

andyd 21-08-2019 07:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1230663)
Just worded my post as it was reported on the local news, however it seems that the bid was from the previous owner of Port Vale, Norman Smurthwaite, & he couldn't have taken Bury over as he still has a financial interest in Vale - the waters get muddier & muddier

I believe that isn't true either.

Exile on Spencer St 21-08-2019 08:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1230637)
...League have confirmed if expelled there will only be three down this season.

The only sensible decision or bit of good news to come out of this sorry mess.

cashman 21-08-2019 08:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1230671)
The only sensible decision or bit of good news to come out of this sorry mess.

Hope they apologize for that sense.?

AccyMad 21-08-2019 09:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1230668)

Who knows??? Just one thing that I think we all agree on, it's a bloody big mess

andyd 21-08-2019 09:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1230676)
Who knows??? Just one thing that I think we all agree on, it's a bloody big mess

It is a mess the Efl has handled it badly as well Bolton allowed to play Bury not what's that about, they have got to make a decision about both clubs soon its making the league a farce either make them play or expel them and expunge the records.

Twenty Eight 21-08-2019 14:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1230668)

It isn’t mate.
He has no interest financially in Port Vale.
He sold up in the summer so this was a viable bid.
Dale is the man to rip to shreds not the EFL.

AccyMad 21-08-2019 18:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1230695)
It isn’t mate.
He has no interest financially in Port Vale.
He sold up in the summer so this was a viable bid.
Dale is the man to rip to shreds not the EFL.

He did sell up but still retained what he described as a 'substantial financial investment' in Port Vale which will be in place for 3 years, this would prevent him owning another league club but he did try to take over Notts County & as they are now in the Conference the rules would possibly allow that

Twenty Eight 21-08-2019 20:52

Difficult to be specific but I know that Smurthwaites proposal passed all EFL criteria.
Dale is a businessman with no football pulse or care for the local community. Some of the stuff that has gone on is mind boggling.
Stop blaming the EFL. Rules are rules. Dale and the previous owner want lynching.

AccyMad 22-08-2019 06:08

I'm not blaming the EFL at all, I agree all that's wrong at Bury can be laid at the door of both Steve Dale & the previous incumbent, Stuart Day & for what it's worth I don't think Dale has any intention of selling to anyone no matter if they meet the criteria or not - I hope for their fans sake I'm proved wrong in the next 24 hours

cashman 22-08-2019 07:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1230711)
I'm not blaming the EFL at all, I agree all that's wrong at Bury can be laid at the door of both Steve Dale & the previous incumbent, Stuart Day & for what it's worth I don't think Dale has any intention of selling to anyone no matter if they meet the criteria or not - I hope for their fans sake I'm proved wrong in the next 24 hours

Thought dale bought em for peanuts? if thats the case why is he refusing offers?

andyd 22-08-2019 08:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1230714)
Thought dale bought em for peanuts? if thats the case why is he refusing offers?

Because he's an asset stripper he is only interested in a profit couldn't give a toss about Bury the Efl or football in general, apparently wants £900,000 from any potential buyers.

AccyMad 22-08-2019 09:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1230714)

He did, paid £1 for the club - he has his own agenda for refusing offers methinks

monkey hanger 22-08-2019 09:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1230723)
He did, paid £1 for the club - he has his own agenda for refusing offers methinks

he owns gigg lane so he,ll be working out how much profit for him there is when bury are finished. loads of spaces for new build houses.

cashman 22-08-2019 12:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1230723)

that then to me makes him a piece of crap imho.

AccyMad 22-08-2019 12:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1230731)
that then to me makes him a piece of crap imho.

Don't think you'll get anyone arguing with that Cashy!

Chewbacca 22-08-2019 19:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1230724)
he owns gigg lane so he,ll be working out how much profit for him there is when bury are finished. loads of spaces for new build houses.

Up to 80 plots over 2 hectares - so worth double what he is supposed to be asking for.

andyd 22-08-2019 19:25

Ĺ
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chewbacca (Post 1230745)
Up to 80 plots over 2 hectares - so worth double what he is supposed to be asking for.

Covenant on Gigg Lane for sport can't build houses on it he now as 4 buyer's haggling over the sale he will sell to who gives him the biggest pay day for him IMHO, was is game plan was all along asset stripper expert.

monkey hanger 23-08-2019 07:18

[QUOTE=andyd;1230746]Ĺ

Covenant on Gigg Lane for sport can't build houses

that might be the situation at the moment. things can get altered especially when the word money is floating about. bet people on here can name sports fields that have been taken over for other uses and now are just a memory.

ferret man 23-08-2019 10:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1230732)
Don't think you'll get anyone arguing with that Cashy!

I will, I think he is being harsh on the piece of crap.

VALAIRIAN 23-08-2019 11:46

Find this strange...........

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49446745

cashman 23-08-2019 11:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1230764)

pardon my stupidity joe, whats strange oer it?:confused:

AccyMad 23-08-2019 12:57

So now, Steve Dale has been on Talk Sport this morning urging fans to 'chip in' to help raise £2.7 million by tonight to save the club - he is clearly completely deluded to say the least!! What an absolute a******e!

https://talksport.com/football/efl/5913 . . .expulsion/

Twenty Eight 23-08-2019 13:39

[QUOTE=monkey hanger;1230757]
Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1230746)
Ĺ

Covenant on Gigg Lane for sport can't build houses

that might be the situation at the moment. things can get altered especially when the word money is floating about. bet people on here can name sports fields that have been taken over for other uses and now are just a memory.

The covenant was removed months ago.

VALAIRIAN 23-08-2019 15:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1230765)
pardon my stupidity joe, whats strange oer it?:confused:

I said a few weeks ago that it annoyed me that people had put money into Salford, when they were Bury born and their family worked for Bury!

That is all my friend :)

VALAIRIAN 23-08-2019 15:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1230766)
So now, Steve Dale has been on Talk Sport this morning urging fans to 'chip in' to help raise £2.7 million by tonight to save the club - he is clearly completely deluded to say the least!! What an absolute a******e!

https://talksport.com/football/efl/5913 . . .expulsion/

My thoughts exactly!!

accybeme 23-08-2019 16:14

I would love to see someone that loves Bury fc buy the club, Dale & before him Day have been a disaster for the club & more so the staff & fans, I would not give a penny to the club while Dale is in charge, we are so lucky to have Andy Holt at Stanley

Exile on Spencer St 23-08-2019 16:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by accybeme (Post 1230772)
....we are so lucky to have Andy Holt at Stanley

Amen to that!

Kiwi John 24-08-2019 01:52

Sold ??? Problem solved???... Hope so..https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/49455433

AccyMad 24-08-2019 08:34

Not a done deal yet, seems to me a bit odd that this offer which has supposedly been on the table for the last 10 weeks or so hasn't been shown to the EFL until an hour or so before the deadline?
If they'd known of this possibility earlier, surely they could have been looking into it's viability to avoid any longer delays that a longer extension, should they allow it, will cause to the fixtures.
Just a thought

cashman 24-08-2019 08:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1230782)
Not a done deal yet, seems to me a bit odd that this offer which has supposedly been on the table for the last 10 weeks or so hasn't been shown to the EFL until an hour or so before the deadline?
If they'd known of this possibility earlier, surely they could have been looking into it's viability to avoid any longer delays that a longer extension, should they allow it, will cause to the fixtures.
Just a thought

agree personally think its a con job, hope not for the Bury fans sake.

monkey hanger 24-08-2019 10:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1230782)
Just a thought

its called hoping a better offer comes along. its sod bury, its all about the money.

AccyMad 24-08-2019 10:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1230787)
its called hoping a better offer comes along. its sod bury, its all about the money.

Absolutely! Let's hope that odious man didn't leave it too late

AccyMad 24-08-2019 11:56

Just been confirmed that the EFL have extended Bury's deadline till 5pm on Tuesday

Exile on Spencer St 24-08-2019 12:30

Expect another announcement from Dale at 4:59pm next Tuesday, then.

AccyMad 24-08-2019 12:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1230792)
Expect another announcement from Dale at 4:59pm next Tuesday, then.

That he's not prepared to sell after all? Wouldn't be surprised :rolleyes: