Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   iFollow and Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/ifollow-and-stanley-70700.html)

VALAIRIAN 21-11-2021 08:37

Re: iFollow and Stanley

Tuesday night game at Burton will be on iFollow, for anybody who cannot attend :)

:) :) :)

monkey hanger 21-11-2021 09:54

[QUOTE=VALAIRIAN;1259782]Tuesday night game at Burton will be on iFollow, for anybody who cannot attend :)

or like me have no intention to attend. for me its been great for these mid week games even with the odd glitch. those few second ones are just the same as when people walk past you during the match and you miss something.

VALAIRIAN 28-11-2021 17:27

Tuesday night's 'Papa don't Preach' game against Fleetwood is on iFollow, for those who cannot/do not want to go :)

:)

Exile on Spencer St 28-11-2021 20:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1260274)
Tuesday night's 'Papa don't Preach' game against Fleetwood is on iFollow, for those who cannot/do not want to go :)

Is it another repeat?
Wigan are Tuesday’s opponents!
Presume we can pay at the gate?

VALAIRIAN 29-11-2021 04:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1260274)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1260286)
Is it another repeat?

:yelrotflm:yelrotflm:yelrotflm

I am losing it :D

Of course it is Wigan - Fleetwood is Saturday - weather dependant of course :)

monkey hanger 29-11-2021 09:01

Its the shock of a win at lincoln with a clean sheet on top.

cashman 29-11-2021 13:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1260286)
Is it another repeat?

dunno mate i got my ticket this morning. aint taking the risk.

cashman 29-11-2021 14:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1260297)
dunno mate i got my ticket this morning. aint taking the risk.

thing is i noticed last time some people did not get in until 16 mins after kick off, cos of the cues.

andyd 29-11-2021 14:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1260298)
thing is i noticed last time some people did not get in until 16 mins after kick off, cos of the cues.

That's because they turn up at last minute if you turn up an hour before kick off your ok.

cashman 29-11-2021 14:41

ah didnt know that. they were sure whinging about it, serves em right imho.

monkey hanger 30-11-2021 09:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1260299)
That's because they turn up at last minute if you turn up an hour before kick off your ok.

just like those who set off at the last minute without a reason and moan or get wound up by lack of parking when a big gate is expected at the wham. posssibly the same ones who are never on time for work and possibly their own funeral.

cashman 30-11-2021 11:21

or some that have been at work and have to travel?

monkey hanger 01-12-2021 09:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1260327)
or some that have been at work and have to travel?

if they were the only ones arriving late then i would not mind. always gone by the fact of that if i cannot make a game in good time i just do not bother. just a recepy for every traffic light to be red and an accident to make the journey more stressful.

cashman 01-12-2021 14:32

aye but you dont live local mate makes a difference?

VALAIRIAN 07-12-2021 10:47

Wombles home game is on iFollow tonight - in case you cannot attend in person :)

Crown Grounder 20-02-2022 12:03

Just checked Stanley website, next match page. And Doncaster this Tuesday is on iFollow for those not travelling to the game.

Tommy McQueen 20-02-2022 19:08

Yes and the ref is Sean Mc favourite ref Andy Haines. Red against Lincoln. Recinded on appeal ,spoilt game though

VALAIRIAN 12-04-2022 18:47

Next two games are Bank Holiday games and as such should be on iFollow?!

For those who cannot attend :)

Crown Grounder 25-04-2022 16:25

Last away game at Wimbledon doesn't look like its on iFollow even though a 12.30pm kick off.

VALAIRIAN 25-04-2022 18:12

Are you sure C.G?

https://www.accringtonstanley.co.uk/ifollow/

It is there for me :)

andyd 25-04-2022 19:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1266404)
Are you sure C.G?

https://www.accringtonstanley.co.uk/ifollow/

It is there for me :)

Only audio not live watching.

VALAIRIAN 25-04-2022 20:12

Sure it said match when I looked at it a few weeks ago????

Maybe it is classed as the 3:00 p.m. as it is the last game????

Not much we can do unfortunately....... :(

Watchdog 26-04-2022 07:33

Its usually audio only for Saturday League games

VALAIRIAN 26-04-2022 13:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Watchdog (Post 1266408)
Its usually audio only for Saturday League games

But that is 3:00 p.m. games :)

keep the faith 26-04-2022 13:24

If you look at the match pass it's only for audio, not video!

VALAIRIAN 04-07-2022 09:37

Andy has asked to opt out.........

https://www.accringtonstanley.co.uk/...-the-chairman/

Exile on Spencer St 04-07-2022 10:16

Not sure he’s asking…!

VALAIRIAN 04-07-2022 10:56

I was being polite :)

I think you are correct :)

Watchdog 04-07-2022 10:57

Ive just paid my £45 yearly subscription (automatic yearly DD) so the timing of that and Andys decision isn't good for me.

Exile on Spencer St 04-07-2022 12:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Watchdog (Post 1267170)
Ive just paid my £45 yearly subscription (automatic yearly DD) so the timing of that and Andys decision isn't good for me.

Hope this helps…
https://www.directdebit.co.uk/direct...ling-payments/

Watchdog 04-07-2022 12:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1267172)

Thanks, that's handy info to have.

Chewbacca 04-07-2022 17:12

Don't they have anyone at the club to help him draft a letter?

NORTHERNSOUL 04-07-2022 18:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Watchdog (Post 1267174)
Thanks, that's handy info to have.

That wont help with this year though if the payment has already gone

But its not clear yet what this will actually mean. I suspect AH will put the streams on ASFC.s website and if fans of the visiting clubs want to buy it then that's where they do it and he.ll achieve his aim. As for away games I would imagine the home clubs would then just do the same resulting in a pretty large net gain cash wise for Stanley.

He must have spoken to some of the clubs who already operate outside of the I.Follow platform and taken advice that he.s able to do this without penalty.

The problem he's got is that the issue on this scale only really effects a very few of the smaller clubs in league one as the smaller clubs in league two seem to just accept its money they never had before and that apart from Bradford [ who by the ways figures arent that great considering their home gates ] the figures in league 2 fall into a much smaller range.

And as for the championship well clubs there just seem to do what suits them each the best and everyone just lets them all get on with it individually.

So I cant see there being a mass of clubs following ASFC but if they can prove doing it their way works then a few of the less well supported clubs might follow their example.

Crown Grounder 11-08-2022 21:06

For those not travelling to Forest Green Rovers on Tuesday night next week the match is available to watch via iFollow. Visit the match Centre to select and pay for the stream if interested.

VALAIRIAN 30-08-2022 09:02

I know that not everybody is in favour of iFollow - but, not everybody lives in Accrington and can get to every game :)

Papa don't preach game against Rochdale is available tonight - for those who want to :)

cashman 30-08-2022 10:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1267164)

I assume that means no more i follow? if so suits me to a tee.

VALAIRIAN 30-08-2022 10:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1268332)
I assume that means no more i follow? if so suits me to a tee.

Not sure Cashy, I know what Andy thinks/wants, but I for one - much as it goes against the grain - have used it, as I cannot make every game :)

Each to their own :)

cashman 30-08-2022 12:52

i think he should EXPLAIN the score to fans JOE surely?

Watchdog 30-08-2022 14:01

Ifollow is loaded on the Accrington website with video match passes available to buy so i assume its as we were.

VALAIRIAN 30-08-2022 20:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1268336)
i think he should EXPLAIN the score to fans JOE surely?

I thinks he has mate, on that Twitter thingy - I do not use it - but I have seen something about it (maybe n this thread?) :)

VALAIRIAN 30-08-2022 20:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1267164)

Ooops, it was on the website mate :o :o

VALAIRIAN 13-09-2022 08:26

If you cannot attend, Wycombe game is available tonight :)

Twenty Eight 13-09-2022 11:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Watchdog (Post 1268337)
Ifollow is loaded on the Accrington website with video match passes available to buy so i assume its as we were.

Nothing ever changed as far as I can see.

Reamer 24-09-2022 11:15

Just got a video pass for today's game at Bristol even though its saturday. Something to do with the international break apparently. Tenner on asfc website.

MikeA 24-09-2022 15:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reamer (Post 1268707)
Just got a video pass for today's game at Bristol even though its saturday. Something to do with the international break apparently. Tenner on asfc website.

I wish I'd read this earlier!

Exile on Spencer St 24-09-2022 15:59

Listened on Radio Lanky. Great result, sounded like Stanley deserved it and, again, their missed chances didn’t haunt them. Well done lads.

cashman 24-09-2022 16:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1268710)
Listened on Radio Lanky. Great result, sounded like Stanley deserved it and, again, their missed chances didn’t haunt them. Well done lads.

they defo deserved it mate joe missed a sitter in first half thought rogers played really well.

Watchdog 24-09-2022 16:21

Played some good football first half but the lack of quality up front badly lets us down. Stuck at it second half and a wins a win so well done Stanley.

cashman 24-09-2022 16:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Watchdog (Post 1268713)
Played some good football first half but the lack of quality up front badly lets us down. Stuck at it second half and a wins a win so well done Stanley.

we will be fine when the injured are fit mate.

VALAIRIAN 12-10-2022 15:17

Thoughts???

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63226838

Crown Grounder 24-10-2022 16:40

Peterborough game available on iFollow for those not travelling tomorrow night......

VALAIRIAN 01-11-2022 14:46

Imps game is on, if you cannot go :)

VALAIRIAN 19-11-2022 05:42

Not sure if it is anything to do with the So£d Your Sou£ Cup, but ALL games are on iFollow for the rest of the year :)

Just helps those who cannot attend, for whatever reason :)

Plus, the Club get a few ££ as well :)

Crown Grounder 19-11-2022 08:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1269587)
Not sure if it is anything to do with the So£d Your Sou£ Cup, but ALL games are on iFollow for the rest of the year :)

Just helps those who cannot attend, for whatever reason :)

Plus, the Club get a few ££ as well :)

Yeah your right Val. I noticed it was available to buy for the Cambridge United away game today. KO 3pm.

VALAIRIAN 30-12-2022 08:11

Shocking coverage last night for Morecambe game :mad:

Buffering throughout - missed both goals........

And we lost..............

andyd 30-12-2022 08:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1270132)

Unfortunately mine was perfect showing just how bad we were so glad I didn't travel bad enough in the warmth with the slippers on.

duckworth 30-12-2022 09:43

Coverage wasn't too bad, but the commentary pair were so pro morecambe, and kept getting our players names mixed up. Not good for a so called professional set up as ifollow.

yonmon 30-12-2022 10:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1270132)

OK once VPN was on... But aren't you glad that you missed a load of woeful attempts at playing football ?.

MikeA 30-12-2022 14:58

...and getting left and right mixed up. Obviously, they couldn't adjust to comentating from the opposite side to the cameras!

yonmon 30-12-2022 15:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeA (Post 1270149)
...and getting left and right mixed up. Obviously, they couldn't adjust to comentating from the opposite side to the cameras!

I switched em off Mike !... hope that they weren't getting paid for their efforts !..:rolleyes:

NORTHERNSOUL 01-01-2023 03:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by duckworth (Post 1270138)
Coverage wasn't too bad, but the commentary pair were so pro morecambe, and kept getting our players names mixed up. Not good for a so called professional set up as ifollow.

Can you not switch the commentary on IFollow anymore ? you certainly used to have the ability to do that.

Or is it that Stanley don't pay to send their own commentary team to cover away games and just cop out and take the easy/cheap option and just use the home clubs feed?

I know that the option that a lot of clubs use ie BBC local radio isn't one that's open to them as unlike other stations like BBC Cumbria and Carlisle/Barrow they don't cover and have a commentator and summariser at every match due to the number of clubs that they cover.

Whats happened to Dan is he not connected to the club anymore and just works full time at BBC Lancs now ? and just does the games they send him to do.

NORTHERNSOUL 01-01-2023 03:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeA (Post 1270149)

Thats a problem that's come to the fore at a number of grounds this season caused I understand by ITV when they took over the coverage in the summer asking [or was it telling] a number of clubs to change the side of the ground from which they film the games [locally i believe both Blackburn and Blackpool did that] and although when a specific commentator [ quite often a club employee or contractor ] is used he can position himself on the same side as the cameras.

The problem occurs mainly when the club choose to use the local BBC radio station feed and the facilities [isdn lines etc ] for them to do that are usually in the traditional press box which may well be on the opposite side of the ground.

I understand the EFL and I follow are planning on taking steps to remedy the situation in the summer and the only solution i can see is that they fund the moving of the necessary facilities so the commentary always comes from the same sive of the ground as the video.

NORTHERNSOUL 01-01-2023 03:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by NORTHERNSOUL (Post 1270163)
Can you not switch the commentary on IFollow anymore ? you certainly used to have the ability to do that.

Or is it that Stanley don't pay to send their own commentary team to cover away games and just cop out and take the easy/cheap option and just use the home clubs feed?

I know that the option that a lot of clubs use ie BBC local radio isn't one that's open to them as unlike other stations like BBC Cumbria and Carlisle/Barrow they don't cover and have a commentator and summariser at every match due to the number of clubs that they cover.

Whats happened to Dan is he not connected to the club anymore and just works full time at BBC Lancs now ? and just does the games they send him to do.

Maybe Mark could give us his take both on this as well as the wrong side commentary issue in the other post [ even tho I know that's not an issue at Stanley ]

NORTHERNSOUL 01-01-2023 03:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by duckworth (Post 1270138)

Just out of interest was it the Beyond Radio lot doing the commentating or have they switched back to the two lads who used to do it ?

If they have then they are an acquired taste, a lot of people took the mick out of them for being crap but I used to think they were so bad and biased that you might have thought they were something Peter Kay had dreamt up for Radio Chorley.

VALAIRIAN 09-01-2023 08:51

Lincoln game in the cup is on for those who cannot make the trip :)

Tuesday night :)

Crown Grounder 09-01-2023 12:35

Thanks Val. I keep checking the fishy for details of the FA Cup replay ticket details but nothing yet.......seems ages since I watched a live FA Cup game involving Stanley.

Mr T 09-01-2023 14:49

The Cup game won't be on I Follow the FA have got the "rights" and sold them to ITV, BBC and numerous overseas broadcasters.

As per the other thread we can't announce the "interclub agreed date" until the FA announce the TV picks.

This then allows those not selected to go to the "agreed date"

Yes the club use BBC Lancs commentary but have no control over "buffering" /time delays

Crown Grounder 09-01-2023 16:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr T (Post 1270382)
The Cup game won't be on I Follow the FA have got the "rights" and sold them to ITV, BBC and numerous overseas broadcasters.

As per the other thread we can't announce the "interclub agreed date" until the FA announce the TV picks.

This then allows those not selected to go to the "agreed date"

Yes the club use BBC Lancs commentary but have no control over "buffering" /time delays

Thanks Mr T........."I await the voodoo gods of FA Cup Broadcasting!"....It's a shame your not in charge of "buffering"...otherwise I'm certain you would make sure it never happens.....

Crown Grounder 22-02-2023 13:16

For anyone unable to get to tonights semi-final against Bolton. Although its not on iFollow, you can buy a NOWTV (sky sports) 24 hour pass and watch the game, coverage starts at 7.30pm.

You can watch via a Smart TV, laptop, tablet etc.......may need to down load the NOW TV player APP.

VALAIRIAN 05-03-2023 09:37

Ipswich away on iFollow, for those who cannot make it :)

VALAIRIAN 12-03-2023 09:00

Pompey home game will be on for anybody who cannot make it :)

accybeme 14-03-2023 15:38

yes but why should season ticket holders have to pay again to watch the match if they are to ill to attend in person

Inspector Morse 14-03-2023 16:01

Think of yourself as lucky to have the option to watch the game if you can't attend and put a value on that.
If its less than £10 don't bother watching.

Be nice if they could do something for poorly fans tho'.

Hope you're feeling better soon.

Crown Grounder 14-03-2023 16:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by accybeme (Post 1271571)
yes but why should season ticket holders have to pay again to watch the match if they are to ill to attend in person

Hope your better soon.

VALAIRIAN 19-03-2023 08:38

For anyone who cannot get to The Wham on Tuesday, Plymouth game is on iFollow :)

VALAIRIAN 23-03-2023 08:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1271732)
Exeter away available live on ifollow due to international weekend.

Good spot Andy :)

Crown Grounder 23-03-2023 09:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1271733)
Good spot Andy :)

Will be watching on iFollow........

Inspector Morse 23-03-2023 11:45

Is there no escaping this misery.

Crown Grounder 23-03-2023 14:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inspector Morse (Post 1271736)
Is there no escaping this misery.

No not until we start scoring goals regularly. Which will apply for the rest of this season and the start of the next........To be fair, our Strikers (plural) have had very little game time and played very few games together........I'm not counting .....Whalley and Leigh as strikers....

ferret man 23-03-2023 17:30

No but they are dam good tryers

Greger 23-03-2023 19:17

Which is why we like them. They would probably put in a shift in goal if asked, but strikers they are not.

cashman 23-03-2023 20:10

why do we get many refs like tues night? its obvious to anyone that thinks about it.

VALAIRIAN 26-03-2023 13:59

For those who cannot make it - and want to endure it - Good Friday game against Vale will be on iFollow...... :)

VALAIRIAN 10-04-2023 10:30

Shef. Wed. game is on iFollow on Easter Monday, for those who cannot make it :)

mab 10-04-2023 14:53

Not the best keeps going back to the foul on the Wednesday player at least 4mins out of sink 😕

VALAIRIAN 10-04-2023 14:55

Mine is buffering plenty too mate, but it is something at least :)

VALAIRIAN 16-04-2023 13:14

Tuesday night game against The POSH is on iFollow, for those who cannot make it :)

VALAIRIAN 24-04-2023 18:25

Tuesday game at Bolton is on iFollow.... for those who cannot make the game and can endure it.....

Crown Grounder 25-04-2023 14:09

Wouldn't miss it for "All the tea in Yorkshire"!

VALAIRIAN 04-05-2023 14:29

For the last time this season, for anybody not going, or wanting to face it.......... Oxford game is on iFollow :)

VALAIRIAN 13-08-2023 13:46

First game of the new season :)

Barrow home game on Tuesday night is available :)

AccyMad 13-08-2023 15:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1273686)
First game of the new season :)

Barrow home game on Tuesday night is available :)

I thought iFollow wasn't available any more - I bought an audio pass for yesterday's game but thought that was all there was going to be this season after Sky said they'd be showing more lower league games

Crown Grounder 13-08-2023 17:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1273687)
I thought iFollow wasn't available any more - I bought an audio pass for yesterday's game but thought that was all there was going to be this season after Sky said they'd be showing more lower league games

Yes its still available AccyMad as long as not chosen for Sky and as long as Andy Holt allows it. The usual rules apply. Its games outside the "sacred time period " on Saturdays (between 2.30pm and 5.30pm). So mid-week games, Bank Holidays and maybe the odd International break.

So probably, just mentioning away games of: Morecambe, Wimbledon, Barrow, Harrogate, Swindon, Mansfield and any rearranged games which are called off on Saturdays due to bad weather and played midweek to catch up. Obviously for midweek home games we'll be there I have no doubt!!

VALAIRIAN 13-08-2023 18:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1273687)

Just going off the Fishy young lady ;)

Quite sure it will be right :D :D

AccyMad 13-08-2023 18:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1273696)
Just going off the Fishy young lady ;)

Quite sure it will be right :D :D

I'm sure it is - I must have misunderstood the whole Sky involvement thing, good news for midweek away games i can't get to :)

VALAIRIAN 13-08-2023 18:39

Ditto, home games ;)

VALAIRIAN 05-09-2023 18:30

Home to Carlisle is on iFollow, if you cannot make it :)

duckworth 05-09-2023 20:58

Watched on ifollow tonight.I just hope it isnt the same female commentator next time.She wasn't very good.

cashman 05-09-2023 21:11

thought the goalie played very well for us.all in all was a very good performance

Watchdog 05-09-2023 21:38

I thought we played really well first half and what a performance from our new keeper. Lets keep the winning way going. Well done Stanley.