Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Window (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/window-70854.html)

Lord Stiffupperlip 24-01-2020 09:25

Re: Window

I can assure you all that DAV's last post is pure fantasy
A reliable source informs me that the clubs efforts to sign the leading goalscorer from Benjamin Hargreaves Primary School have fallen through.
John Coleman stated; 'We've been following this lad for some time since he scored their only goal in the 13-1 defeat by Woodnook'.
When it was pointed out he'd also scored 3 o.g's in the same game, Mr Coleman said; 'A goal's a goal. Beggars can't be choosers'
It is understood the club was ready to meet the wage demand of two-bob a week after Jimmy Bell agreed to work for nothing for the rest of the season.
However, the player's insistence of a party pack of Rowntrees fruit gums for every goal scored scuppered the deal.
Coleman continued; 'We thought we had a deal, but there were just too many E-numbers'
The search continues.

monkey hanger 24-01-2020 10:20

bloody rowntrees eh. look what we could have got with Haribo,s.

Exile on Spencer St 24-01-2020 10:29

Could Akinfenwa be tempted with an offer of his own weight in Stockleys!
Per week!

VALAIRIAN 24-01-2020 13:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Stiffupperlip (Post 1236164)
I can assure you all that DAV's last post is pure fantasy
A reliable source informs me that the clubs efforts to sign the leading goalscorer from Benjamin Hargreaves Primary School have fallen through.
John Coleman stated; 'We've been following this lad for some time since he scored their only goal in the 13-1 defeat by Woodnook'.
When it was pointed out he'd also scored 3 o.g's in the same game, Mr Coleman said; 'A goal's a goal. Beggars can't be choosers'
It is understood the club was ready to meet the wage demand of two-bob a week after Jimmy Bell agreed to work for nothing for the rest of the season.
However, the player's insistence of a party pack of Rowntrees fruit gums for every goal scored scuppered the deal.
Coleman continued; 'We thought we had a deal, but there were just too many E-numbers'
The search continues.

Really funny post, made me laugh :)

StanleyJosh 24-01-2020 17:12

Connor Hall gone to Chorley on loan.
Think that’s above his level...

DAV007 24-01-2020 22:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr T (Post 1236156)
Go on then???

Given a Stanley season ticket holder works at Wigan, would be good to know; also most of Wigan's back room staff have Accy connections would make some sense.

It's was mentioned on the Wigan pie eater forum

Twenty Eight 25-01-2020 10:20

On a serious note I was chastised for suggesting that there were many forwards available. Here's a sample of moves from the last few days alone. the list from 1 January is extensive.
Adeboyajo Barnsley to Cambridge loan
Akinde Lincoln to Gillingham
Alessandra free agent to Carlisle short term deal
Hall Oxford to Forest Green
Hopper Southend to Lincoln
Hope Carlisle to Swindon
Simeon Jackson free agent to Stevenage short term deal

One example for midfield strong lad Nathan Sheron Fleetwood to Walsall loan

I guess they are all budget busters for us..........
But please don't say the players aren't out there.

andyd 25-01-2020 13:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1236240)
On a serious note I was chastised for suggesting that there were many forwards available. Here's a sample of moves from the last few days alone. the list from 1 January is extensive.
Adeboyajo Barnsley to Cambridge loan
Akinde Lincoln to Gillingham
Alessandra free agent to Carlisle short term deal
Hall Oxford to Forest Green
Hopper Southend to Lincoln
Hope Carlisle to Swindon
Simeon Jackson free agent to Stevenage short term deal

One example for midfield strong lad Nathan Sheron Fleetwood to Walsall loan

I guess they are all budget busters for us..........
But please don't say the players aren't out there.

Apart from Akinde wouldn't have any of the other strikers.

Twenty Eight 25-01-2020 18:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1236251)
Apart from Akinde wouldn't have any of the other strikers.

Really ? Not even on loan until the end of the season to help ?
Well let’s see if anyone arrives.
You can then compare and see if you’d have him / them.

andyd 25-01-2020 20:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1236287)
Really ? Not even on loan until the end of the season to help ?
Well let’s see if anyone arrives.
You can then compare and see if you’d have him / them.

Well it's irrelevant anyway as they have moved on obviously not to us so either out of price range or Coley didn't fancy any of them either move on we will get what fits the bill.

andyd 27-01-2020 12:11

Coley has finally said it what I have been harping on about bringing players in is difficult due to a lack of training facilities, so to me any surplus money in the coffers has to be directed towards that end a grass pitch worthy to train on before any thoughts on risky money on players who will probably not come anyway until we have the basics.

cashman 27-01-2020 12:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1236350)
Coley has finally said it what I have been harping on about bringing players in is difficult due to a lack of training facilities, so to me any surplus money in the coffers has to be directed towards that end a grass pitch worthy to train on before any thoughts on risky money on players who will probably not come anyway until we have the basics.

we were led to believe that is the reason a few lads want to move,

Inspector Morse 27-01-2020 12:44

[QUOTE=andyd;1236350]Coley has finally said it what I have been harping on about bringing players in is difficult due to a lack of training facilities, so to me any surplus money in the coffers has to be directed towards that end a grass pitch worthy to train on before any thoughts on risky money on players who will probably not come anyway until we have the basics.[/QUOTE

Even now with our depleted front line? If we go down it'll be less likely we can cobble together funds for training facilities in the future.

andyd 27-01-2020 13:59

[QUOTE=Inspector Morse;1236352]
Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1236350)
Coley has finally said it what I have been harping on about bringing players in is difficult due to a lack of training facilities, so to me any surplus money in the coffers has to be directed towards that end a grass pitch worthy to train on before any thoughts on risky money on players who will probably not come anyway until we have the basics.[/QUOTE

Even now with our depleted front line? If we go down it'll be less likely we can cobble together funds for training facilities in the future.

Have heard that training pitch is high on list of priorities.

Twenty Eight 27-01-2020 14:04

So if its that important why is corporate hospitality higher up the agenda ? Madness.