Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Oxford (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/oxford-70993.html)

StanleyJosh 25-02-2020 21:26

Re: Oxford

Conneely was our best player.
Only one who moved the ball, picked up from defence and looked to play it out wide.
Anyone care to explain different?
Sykes was okay. Bishop battles but didn’t get rub of green.
Rest of team poor.
Opoku positional play is dire, Finley too sloppy.
Nothing went to Bishop.
Johnson, Clark and Pritchard so predictable.
Bursik should have done better.

Bolton will be a tough test .

andyd 25-02-2020 22:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by StanleyJosh (Post 1237634)
Conneely was our best player.
Only one who moved the ball, picked up from defence and looked to play it out wide.
Anyone care to explain different?
Sykes was okay. Bishop battles but didn’t get rub of green.
Rest of team poor.
Opoku positional play is dire, Finley too sloppy.
Nothing went to Bishop.
Johnson, Clark and Pritchard so predictable.
Bursik should have done better.

Bolton will be a tough test .

Shouldn't be every ones beating Bolton, but then again.

andyd 25-02-2020 22:12

Just watched Coleman's post match interview and how he can say we were better in every department is to be honest delusional defence all over the place apart from were they should have been midfield out muscled wingers not at their best , lest said about upfront the better, Ashley-Seal been disappointing so far Grant mysteriously left out?

Exile on Spencer St 25-02-2020 22:28

What an embarrassment that was sitting in a freezing cold stand watching one of the more pathetic performances from Stanley this season.
If someone had said that the team in white had never played together before tonight I wouldn’t have argued with them. They seemed clueless as to where each other were or what they were about to do; lost count the number of times Stanley passed to no-one or, even worse, to the nearest colleague who was already surrounded by Oxford players within tackling distance.
The last 30 minutes was like a training session for Oxford who were fitter, faster, stronger, quicker thinking, more skilful, more eager, and made scoring look easy, three times.
There was more than a league in difference between the two teams tonight and, whilst a competent team, Oxford don’t yet look Championship standard.

andyd 26-02-2020 05:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1237637)
What an embarrassment that was sitting in a freezing cold stand watching one of the more pathetic performances from Stanley this season.
If someone had said that the team in white had never played together before tonight I wouldn’t have argued with them. They seemed clueless as to where each other were or what they were about to do; lost count the number of times Stanley passed to no-one or, even worse, to the nearest colleague who was already surrounded by Oxford players within tackling distance.
The last 30 minutes was like a training session for Oxford who were fitter, faster, stronger, quicker thinking, more skilful, more eager, and made scoring look easy, three times.
There was more than a league in difference between the two teams tonight and, whilst a competent team, Oxford don’t yet look Championship standard.

And Stanley didn't look league 1standard.

andyd 26-02-2020 05:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1237637)

Freezing cold stand it will be at Bolton on Saturday to good luck to those that attend surely Stanley can't be that poor again.

AccyMad 26-02-2020 05:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1237629)
Tranmere won

Surprising as that was it was actually a better result for us than if the Shrews had won or even if it had finished in a draw - the only positive from last night

andyd 26-02-2020 07:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1237640)
Surprising as that was it was actually a better result for us than if the Shrews had won or even if it had finished in a draw - the only positive from last night

With Tranmere winning we now need 50 points 4 wins we have to play Bolton,MK Don's away Tranmere, Bristol Rovers at home they are your 4 wins on paper 12 points +39 would give us 51 really important games because the rest are all difficult against a lot of the leading teams.

monkey hanger 26-02-2020 08:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1237639)
Freezing cold stand it will be at Bolton on Saturday to good luck to those that attend surely Stanley can't be that poor again.

thats why stanley are where they are. irratic players and results. the players are not that bad to get a few results to make division 1 mathmatically safe for another season. like a lot of sides you never know which one is turning up on the day.

cashman 26-02-2020 08:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1237641)
With Tranmere winning we now need 50 points 4 wins we have to play Bolton,MK Don's away Tranmere, Bristol Rovers at home they are your 4 wins on paper 12 points +39 would give us 51 really important games because the rest are all difficult against a lot of the leading teams.

i will be very shocked if we need 50 to survive, we will have to see andy,

andyd 26-02-2020 08:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1237643)
i will be very shocked if we need 50 to survive, we will have to see andy,

I agree to a point Cashy but better to be safe than sorry can easily go on a losing run as you can a winning one, not sure Coleman knows his best 11 now some strange choices to me last 2 games.

monkey hanger 26-02-2020 09:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1237644)
not sure Coleman knows his best 11 now some strange choices to me last 2 games.

think he knows his prefered team which for me isn,t always the best team. always seems to trust certain players more than he does others.

ASFC1019 26-02-2020 09:16

I must have watched a different game tonight.
To call it an embarrassment is quite frankly embarrassing.
For 50 mins we more than matched Oxford, in fact I’d say the better team. More chances and we actually looked quite decent. Suppose this doesn’t fit the narrative though.
Poor result yes, completely disastrous no.
We’ll still stay up and that would be a great achievement. Although I imagine for most people that wouldn’t be enough.
It’s became increasingly apparent the lack of praise when we won 3(!) in a row on here and the abundance of negativity after we have lost back to back games to top of the league and the best team I’ve saw this season in Oxford.

cashman 26-02-2020 09:31

it was a poor result yes, the main difference was oxford could finish when they came forward we could not, certainly not a disaster to me,

monkey hanger 26-02-2020 10:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1237647)
it was a poor result yes, the main difference was oxford could finish when they came forward we could not, certainly not a disaster to me,

same for me. football is about scoring more goals than the opposition and not who actually plays the better football whatever anyone classes what better football actually is.