Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Coronovirus (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/coronovirus-71025.html)

andyd 30-03-2020 17:30

Re: Coronovirus

Just out of interest this is a question about motivation if a scenario came about that all clubs
had to finish this season but we have moved on to August say, will players be fit contracts all over the place no one has planned their transfer window because they don't know when it is. All this and other scenario,s must be going around in the heads of football,s governing bodies it's going to be interesting when we do get football back.

monkey hanger 31-03-2020 08:38

[QUOTE=andyd;1238722]no one has planned their transfer window because they don't know when it is.

easiest way would be to scrap the transfer window for the season. is it actually needed at stanleys level and below for that matter.

andyd 31-03-2020 08:57

[QUOTE=monkey hanger;1238725]
Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1238722)
no one has planned their transfer window because they don't know when it is.

easiest way would be to scrap the transfer window for the season. is it actually needed at stanleys level and below for that matter.

Ok scrap the transfer window what happens to out of contract players can they still sign for other clubs who with no income coming in very difficult for anybody to budget.

andyd 31-03-2020 09:29

During this unpredictable time football clubs here are subject to the same rules as any other business so non playing staff can be laid off and furloughed thus they can apply for the 80% grant towards thier wages. Players if I'm correct aren't as they have legally binding contracts but those whose are expiring could be in a very vumerable scenario clubs with little or no income will probably just let them go.

monkey hanger 31-03-2020 10:35

[QUOTE=andyd;1238726]
Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1238725)

Ok scrap the transfer window what happens to out of contract players can they still sign for other clubs who with no income coming in very difficult for anybody to budget.

as for out of contract players, they are and have always been in some sort of limbo once their contracts and wages run out until they get signed up by another. it does vary from player to player but for some its months rather than days for em.

andyd 31-03-2020 16:05

If the restrictions on our way of life continues for 6to8 months that takes us to August/October no way can a season be finished and another completed in present format and then try and fit Euro,s in as well in 2021.

andyd 31-03-2020 16:20

National League season suspended indefinitely looking at ways how to finish it this will no doubt impact the EFL.

monkey hanger 01-04-2020 10:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1238732)
If the restrictions on our way of life continues for 6to8 months that takes us to August/October no way can a season be finished and another completed in present format and then try and fit Euro,s in as well in 2021.

get the impression that the euro,s seem the b all and end all of it. more interested in the situation when we and others can resume their seasons. if the euro,s were cancelled it would not bother me one little bit. mind you i do not make money out of em so that could be the problem.

VALAIRIAN 01-04-2020 11:52

I know where you are coming from MH, but, even though I do not make money from The Euro's either, I do look forward to them and the World Cup :)

:) :) :)

andyd 01-04-2020 12:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1238743)
I know where you are coming from MH, but, even though I do not make money from The Euro's either, I do look forward to them and the World Cup :)

Looking forward to any kind of football.

VALAIRIAN 01-04-2020 12:22

Agreed :D

Twenty Eight 01-04-2020 12:46

[QUOTE=monkey hanger;1238729]
Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1238726)

as for out of contract players, they are and have always been in some sort of limbo once their contracts and wages run out until they get signed up by another. it does vary from player to player but for some its months rather than days for em.

Scouts and club representatives are still very active.
Some clubs already know their budget and are planning for "next season" regardless.
I've just been approached by a club at level 4 of the National League system with a budget of £3k per week for building a new squad.
Mad world.

andyd 01-04-2020 13:40

Tottenham have joined Newcastle in furloughing non playing staff so they can apply for the 80% government grant this is the so called 8th richest club in the world who pays it's players fortunes and whose chairman paid himself £4,000,000 last season stinks, don't think I,ll ever watch Premiership football again.

andyd 01-04-2020 15:37

Sadly really can't see any football as we know it until at least September thoughts anybody on how it should start up again.

VALAIRIAN 01-04-2020 16:43

Re: Coronavirus

Not sure andy, could they have a mini pre-season??

Build fitness and bring in a few ££ :)

Insurance and injury springs to mind??? Just a thought :)