Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   A glimmer of hope ? (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/a-glimmer-of-hope-71402.html)

Twenty Eight 23-11-2020 14:06

A glimmer of hope ?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/55010011

andyd 23-11-2020 15:14

Re: A glimmer of hope ?

Tier levels announced Thursday the North West has the lowest R rate in the country at the moment wether that relates to a lower tier no idea but a lot to be positive about fans will return especially in bigger numbers when the magic jab is rolled out.

cashman 23-11-2020 15:48

aye but if they include Manchester and districts dont hold yer breath.

andyd 23-11-2020 16:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1247154)
aye but if they include Manchester and districts dont hold yer breath.

I think personally that there will unfortunately be a lot of tier 3,s but there is light at the end of the tunnel if we aren't in tier 1 or 2 Thursday the return is coming sooner rather than later.

cashman 23-11-2020 18:02

think yeh phrased that wrong mate?

choirboy 23-11-2020 18:54

I think that it is highly likely that we in Accrington will still be subject to Tier Three restrictions from Thursday onwards. Which means ZERO supporters in the Wham Stadium! :end:
However, will we be able to travel to away matches and watch Stanley play against teams based in Tier One and Tier Two areas?:stupid:

andyd 23-11-2020 19:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by choirboy (Post 1247165)
I think that it is highly likely that we in Accrington will still be subject to Tier Three restrictions from Thursday onwards. Which means ZERO supporters in the Wham Stadium! :end:
However, will we be able to travel to away matches and watch Stanley play against teams based in Tier One and Tier Two areas?:stupid:

Away fans not a chance.

andyd 23-11-2020 19:14

I,m afraid choirboy you are probably right about tier 3, but these tiers will be reviewed every 2 weeks and if we continue in the same downward path hopefully we will go into 2 pretty quickly because tier 3 this time is harsher than before lockdown.

cashman 23-11-2020 19:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by choirboy (Post 1247165)

Doubt if we will be able to go away reckon we will have to remain in area?

andyd 24-11-2020 08:36

Andy Holt piece in the Times today about the gradual return of fans and the financial impact unfortunately he thinks Stanley will be in a tier 3 area at first but says it's a step in the right direction, he is probably right but if the rate continues to fall maybe in 14 days after we will be moved into 2 so middle of December could be the date.

monkey hanger 24-11-2020 09:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1247168)
I,m afraid choirboy you are probably right about tier 3, but these tiers will be reviewed every 2 weeks and if we continue in the same downward path hopefully we will go into 2 pretty quickly because tier 3 this time is harsher than before lockdown.

a couple of weeks down into tier 2 but back into tier 3 in january. january into march is the worst period of the year anyway for respiratory illness so i honestly cannot see much action happening certainly in the north west and yorkshire.

andyd 24-11-2020 09:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1247184)
a couple of weeks down into tier 2 but back into tier 3 in january. january into march is the worst period of the year anyway for respiratory illness so i honestly cannot see much action happening certainly in the north west and yorkshire.

Just been on the BBC news website one minister quoting that probably half or more of England will go into tier 3 if that's going to be the case won't be many clubs with fans inside.

cashman 24-11-2020 09:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1247184)

its probably a knocking bet with the thickos that reside in Hyndburn.

Outback Ozzy 24-11-2020 10:21

Reading the figures that have been published up to date, Stanley will get zero fans in tier 3, 2,000 fans in tier 2 and 2,500 in tier 1 i.e. up to 50% of ground capacity in tier 1 (to a maximum of 4,000) and up to 50% of ground capacity or 2,000 whichever is the lesser in tier 2. Can't see away fans being allowed unless possibly from the same region.

andyd 24-11-2020 11:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy (Post 1247192)
Reading the figures that have been published up to date, Stanley will get zero fans in tier 3, 2,000 fans in tier 2 and 2,500 in tier 1 i.e. up to 50% of ground capacity in tier 1 (to a maximum of 4,000) and up to 50% of ground capacity or 2,000 whichever is the lesser in tier 2. Can't see away fans being allowed unless possibly from the same region.

No away fans in any tier.