Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   January transfer window (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/january-transfer-window-71433.html)

andyd 19-12-2020 07:50

January transfer window

John Coleman said he is looking at bringing 2 players in ideas anyone, defence looking good so for me a Striker and maybe another midfielder? Could be some going out other way maybe loan or permanently if not getting game time.

cashman 19-12-2020 07:55

Re: January transfer window

myself i would get a defender and a striker. if we do get 2

VALAIRIAN 19-12-2020 08:30

I do not think we need anybody in.

My worry is players out, either loan ending, or worse - somebody going for wonga........

Got to say, I am astonished how much money has been spent on players, in these times....

:) :) :)

monkey hanger 19-12-2020 08:56

[QUOTE=VALAIRIAN;1248167]I do not think we need anybody in.

My worry is players out, either loan ending, or worse - somebody going for wonga........

we have got a better than average decent team now. bringing someone new in could affect the balance of the side even if they are thought of as better players. as you said its loseing players that bothers me also.

cashman 19-12-2020 10:50

nothing to do with that to me its players getting injured thats the main cause of getting 2 in i think.we already got 2 damn good uns injured,

StanleyJosh 19-12-2020 16:22

Possibly a winger

andyd 19-12-2020 17:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by StanleyJosh (Post 1248205)
Possibly a winger

Don't you mean wing back?

StanleyJosh 19-12-2020 17:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1248208)
Don't you mean wing back?

Nope, a winger. We still have them.

andyd 19-12-2020 17:20

Ched Evans has left Fleetwood for disaplinery rules according to Barton bit rich but it's breaking news.

andyd 19-12-2020 17:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by StanleyJosh (Post 1248209)
Nope, a winger. We still have them.

Tounge in cheek but seriously why a winger playing the system we are so successfully, Coleman said he was watching some non league player the other week but he will watch loads, still need another striker imho personally.

StanleyJosh 19-12-2020 17:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1248211)
Tounge in cheek but seriously why a winger playing the system we are so successfully, Coleman said he was watching some non league player the other week but he will watch loads, still need another striker imho personally.

got to be ready to adapt for a change if needed. Mansell will come good just needs to get match-fit, lot of bounce games etc keeping the squad players fit.

AccyMad 19-12-2020 17:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1248210)
Ched Evans has left Fleetwood for disaplinery rules according to Barton bit rich but it's breaking news.

If Barton's saying it's disciplinary reasons he must've really misbehaved, thought problem players is part of their ethos at Fleetwood :rolleyes:

andyd 20-12-2020 08:56

Coley in his post match interview said that the team are starting to play with the confidence and swagger of a promotion side and he is still reluctant to use subs willy nilly, along with his great coaching team and maybe a bit of money from Andy they might think 2 position,s with the right personal might just push us all the way. Also there is strong interest in young Savin from Southampton maybe a bid has already gone in if so a keeper might be a target, like a bit of interest come window time.

maccawozzagod 25-12-2020 15:52

Right wing back please

andyd 26-12-2020 07:50

All down to money as usual in the window Evans at Fleetwood was on £4500 a week, Grigg who Sunderland want out the door £6000 a week our top 3 earners are 3 of the loannees so it's uncut gems or bargain basement buys which has been a success usually.

andyd 31-12-2020 18:01

Opens tomorrow way Coley is talking looking like one definitely in possibly two.

VALAIRIAN 31-12-2020 19:34

It is the other way that bothers me...........

VALAIRIAN 04-01-2021 17:03

What do we think of the re-signing??

https://www.accringtonstanley.co.uk/...robbo-returns/

Kiwi John 04-01-2021 17:11

Getting on, but great to see him 'back home'. Can anyone remember that thunderbolt he got vs Stockport for us?

cashman 04-01-2021 17:21

well i think it could be a great signing for us he is class.what i would like to know is how long is this clearance likely to take?

Kiwi John 04-01-2021 17:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiwi John (Post 1248739)
Getting on, but great to see him 'back home'. Can anyone remember that thunderbolt he got vs Stockport for us?

Dam, bloody old age...it wasnt Gary, but Michael Welch I now think..around 2006/7..someone will know.

andyd 04-01-2021 18:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiwi John (Post 1248741)
Dam, bloody old age...it wasnt Gary, but Michael Welch I now think..around 2006/7..someone will know.

It was stood right behind it eye level view was going in the moment it left his foot.

Exile on Spencer St 04-01-2021 18:46

Two outstanding memories of Gary Roberts from the 2006 season:
1. Away at Gray’s Athletic, ball passed to Roberts out on left wing level with penalty area, he sells a dummy (a la Pele) to the full back without touching the ball, runs around the defender, and crosses for Paul Mullin to slot home. Brilliant.
2. Cold wet Tuesday night at Aldershot, pitch completely waterlogged, floodlights reflecting in the puddles, but ref miraculously allows game to go ahead and Gary Roberts tears the Shots apart and bags two goals.
Welcome back, hope he gets a chance to shine.

Outback Ozzy 04-01-2021 20:21

Welcome back to Stanley Gary, but does this mean Paul Cook might return? LOL

accytom18 04-01-2021 21:02

Think having Roberts back is a good move as he knows this league very well and has had promotion from this division too. I don’t expect him to be a regular or be as good as he was before with him being older, however he will be a solid addition for sure. Good signing!

The only better news today is Joey Barton leaving Fleetwood lol.

AccyMad 05-01-2021 07:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy (Post 1248748)
Welcome back to Stanley Gary, but does this mean Paul Cook might return? LOL

Don't spoil this news Ozzy, every silver lining doesn't have to have a cloud :D

AccyMad 05-01-2021 07:11

Welcome home Gary, 'the scouse George Best - this news put a smile on my face after a lousy day

monkey hanger 05-01-2021 08:27

never saw him play for stanley as it was before my time. its a type of signing where he could be just a bench warmer or another kevin ellison.

andyd 05-01-2021 08:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1248753)
never saw him play for stanley as it was before my time. its a type of signing where he could be just a bench warmer or another kevin ellison.

Gary is a class player at this level he has managed to stay reletively injury free ok obviously and by his own admission his pace has gone but his football brain will still be sharp if not sharper can see him straight in on bench and in the team with the amount of fixtures to fit in, especially if there insisting on no break.

cashman 05-01-2021 08:40

saw him play for wigan at a higher level than ours and the guy is class.

LongLostSon 05-01-2021 11:15

Remember those two games well Exile. Tv cameras at Grays cos they were expecting to break a record with another straight win. Mangan got red for a bit of petulance and Coley was invited by the ref to watch from the stand !
At Aldershot we had to queue outside ground to await ref's last minute pitch inspection. Brought uncle Proccy Fan with me - at one point he needed a pee and when he came back I had to tell him about 2 rapid goals he had missed. Won 5 - 0 me thinks

Exile on Spencer St 05-01-2021 12:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by LongLostSon (Post 1248764)
Remember those two games well Exile. Tv cameras at Grays cos they were expecting to break a record with another straight win. Mangan got red for a bit of petulance and Coley was invited by the ref to watch from the stand !
At Aldershot we had to queue outside ground to await ref's last minute pitch inspection. Brought uncle Proccy Fan with me - at one point he needed a pee and when he came back I had to tell him about 2 rapid goals he had missed. Won 5 - 0 me thinks

Yeah, at the time I seem to recall Grays thought they would be walking into League 2, but an unfancied horse came up on the rails and beat the lot to the title! :)
Aldershot was a great result, but a ‘mere’ 1-4 score line on that night! :)

andyd 05-01-2021 17:31

Could Doniecian be on his way back ?

VALAIRIAN 05-01-2021 17:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1248776)

Why do you ask??

:) :)

VALAIRIAN 05-01-2021 17:53

Quote:

And after his last loan spell....

andyd 05-01-2021 18:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1248777)
Why do you ask??

:) :)

Because he's available Coleman rates him can play right or left wing back/ full back, center half, or even midfield and he,s a decent player you add if you have ambitions of top six finish.Plus I think there could be room in the sguad as there could be some going the other way possibleby on loan.

cashman 05-01-2021 18:18

doubt if we have room to pay him, must be on a lot more than he was here? would love him back but cant see it myself,

andyd 05-01-2021 18:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1248780)
doubt if we have room to pay him, must be on a lot more than he was here? would love him back but cant see it myself,

If and it's a big if Cashy he would probably be on loan yes I know that would make 7 but most aren't getting a game anyway and we have had more than that before.

Twenty Eight 06-01-2021 12:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1248781)
If and it's a big if Cashy he would probably be on loan yes I know that would make 7 but most aren't getting a game anyway and we have had more than that before.

Time to look forwards not backwards.
We've got better defenders already.

andyd 06-01-2021 12:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1248799)
Time to look forwards not backwards.
We've got better defenders already.

Didn't stop us going for Roberts, one or two more signing in January according to John this morning, doesn't seem keen on picking McGuire, Mohammed or any of the younger lads so personally think defence could do with experienced cover.

Twenty Eight 06-01-2021 18:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1248800)
Didn't stop us going for Roberts, one or two more signing in January according to John this morning, doesn't seem keen on picking McGuire, Mohammed or any of the younger lads so personally think defence could do with experienced cover.

It didn't and whilst this will be very unpopular I think any cost could have been invested better.
Has the same ring as the lauded return of Piero.

cashman 06-01-2021 18:40

Piero was a good player at the level we were at also a top bloke but nowhere near the standard of Roberts in my view.

MikeA 06-01-2021 19:47

Quote:

Rumour?
https://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-...-with-donacien

VALAIRIAN 06-01-2021 21:08

Not sure Mike, but I think we both know Coley likes to sign the same players time and time again :)

Wonder if anybody will beat Craney??

monkey hanger 07-01-2021 09:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1248806)
Piero was a good player at the level we were at also a top bloke but nowhere near the standard of Roberts in my view.

or the standard of clarke at the time who had his position.

andyd 07-01-2021 10:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1248740)
well i think it could be a great signing for us he is class.what i would like to know is how long is this clearance likely to take?

Cleared to play if selected.

cashman 07-01-2021 13:03

reckon he will be on bench tomoz.

andyd 07-01-2021 15:55

Mansell gone out on loan to Halifax.

andyd 07-01-2021 16:23

Striker incoming?

andyd 09-01-2021 13:49

Coley still saying last night due to amount of games to squeeze in wants 2 or 3 could well be some leaving but looking forward possibly to next season if we go up he could be looking long term, with Mansell out on loan a forward looks a priority maybe 2.

Exile on Spencer St 09-01-2021 16:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1248838)
Mansell gone out on loan to Halifax.

And scores on his debut at The Walks! Get match fit, young man, you may be needed.

andyd 12-01-2021 15:13

Tom Allen recalled to Newcastle from his loan good luck lad in the future didn't really shine for us but frees up a space in the squad.

monkey hanger 13-01-2021 09:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1249028)
Tom Allen recalled to Newcastle from his loan good luck lad in the future didn't really shine for us but frees up a space in the squad.

was well thought of at newcastle but might have been better for his development to go to a national league club at his stage. we will not know for awhile but he might have come to stanley 18 months or so too early.

andyd 22-01-2021 09:50

Blackpool have said defenders Teddy Howe and Jordan Thorneily are free to find other clubs don't no much about Howe apart from being Don,s son Jordan impressed while on loan here but probably out of our price range apart from short term deal and agreement with Blackpool on money upfront on his wages.

andyd 22-01-2021 11:17

Looking like Doniecian is heading to Fleetwood today on loan so if he was a target that's one down.

andyd 23-01-2021 11:07

Coley was hoping for 2 or 3 in before Tuesday can't see much happening over weekend so Monday could be busy?

cashman 23-01-2021 11:37

cant see 2 or 3 landing on monday looks to me like hes struggled with whoever he wanted? if anyone lands monday probably not available tues anyway.

andyd 25-01-2021 11:20

Coley just said on radio Lancs he feels like Terry Wogan on Blankety Blank in the transfer window every target missed seems that further up the league's we go harder it is to attract players, presume Doniecian was one only guess at others says he will soldier on looking unlikely before tomorrow now.

cashman 25-01-2021 12:56

that dont surprise me at all.

monkey hanger 26-01-2021 09:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1249487)
Coley just said on radio Lancs he feels like Terry Wogan on Blankety Blank in the transfer window every target missed seems that further up the league's we go harder it is to attract players, presume Doniecian was one only guess at others says he will soldier on looking unlikely before tomorrow now.

thing is coley is looking for better players than he would have done a few seasons ago. higher up we go there are more teams to offer more money at the so called bigger clubs. even if you live in birmingham and get a loan offer from stanley and charlton who would you actually pick as a player.

andyd 26-01-2021 09:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1249521)
thing is coley is looking for better players than he would have done a few seasons ago. higher up we go there are more teams to offer more money at the so called bigger clubs. even if you live in birmingham and get a loan offer from stanley and charlton who would you actually pick as a player.

That's why just as we were building a fanbase over 2000 we have hit with this awful pandemic a brick wall so future pay rises in the budget are probably hard to justify so probably still shopping in bargain window.

cashman 26-01-2021 09:50

i cannot understand what J.C. has said about its harder to sign players in Div1 than when your bottom end of Div2 and he cannot understand why?? its pretty obvious to me and im sure to most people.!

andyd 27-01-2021 07:42

Another rumour Paul Smyth recalled from loan at Charlton apparently on our radar for a return.

VALAIRIAN 27-01-2021 08:21

Did not look all that good the other night.... Might just have been the beard :D

Tommy McQueen 27-01-2021 14:32

Stanley interested in re signing Paul Smyth,free agent at the end of the season.
Liked that little chap when he was here last,especially his back flip when he scored .

AccyMad 27-01-2021 15:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1249602)
Did not look all that good the other night.... Might just have been the beard :D

He's a good player, think he just got frustrated against us that his tricky play wasn't coming off for him - was still relieved when he was subbed though

MikeA 28-01-2021 17:32

Welcome back, Paul Smyth:
https://www.accringtonstanley.co.uk/...joins-on-loan/

Hope you enjoy your second spell with the Reds!

cashman 28-01-2021 18:07

not a bad signing at all in my view. welcome back.

andyd 28-01-2021 18:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1249599)
Another rumour Paul Smyth recalled from loan at Charlton apparently on our radar for a return.

You heard it here first welcome back Paul hope you have a decent spell back at the Wham great turn of pace and a great backflip when you score.

Twenty Eight 28-01-2021 20:04

Honest question - where do you see him playing and who is he going to replace ?

andyd 28-01-2021 20:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1249641)
Honest question - where do you see him playing and who is he going to replace ?

Well seeing as we have 26 games left to play and he is a striker by trade firstly straight on bench as Cassidy is injured Mansell on loan then hopefully get some game time in a very congested period simple.

Twenty Eight 28-01-2021 20:24

So not straight in - agreed.
After that it isn't simple.
So you see him as a striker. So replacement for Bishop or Charles during a congested period.
I cant see Charles and Smyth working but Smyth off Bishop ok.

Twenty Eight 28-01-2021 20:28

The reason I ask is because he hasn't played as part of a front two at Charlton.

Crown Grounder 28-01-2021 20:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1249644)
The reason I ask is because he hasn't played as part of a front two at Charlton.

I'm also thinking as part of a front two in place of Charles......who is either subbed or moved to wing-back. Unless our manager has other ideas......?

andyd 28-01-2021 21:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1249644)

Well if you check he actually has, like I said he has been brought in to hopefully strengthen our strike force but as Coley likes players who adapt. he can play out wide as well, plus if he impresses his contract is up in July who knows

Twenty Eight 29-01-2021 07:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1249646)
Well if you check he actually has, like I said he has been brought in to hopefully strengthen our strike force but as Coley likes players who adapt. he can play out wide as well, plus if he impresses his contract is up in July who knows

Rarely.
He's played right of a three like he did against us but only a couple of times with 2 up top.
When coming on as sub he's often replaced the right midfielder.
Maybe we will go 3-4-3 on occasions ?

andyd 29-01-2021 08:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1249653)
Rarely.
He's played right of a three like he did against us but only a couple of times with 2 up top.
When coming on as sub he's often replaced the right midfielder.
Maybe we will go 3-4-3 on occasions ?

Also last season at Wycombe he played a few in a 2 and a few in a 3 depending on the formation makes him a very useful acquisition especially with his pace keep the opposition on its toes.

monkey hanger 29-01-2021 09:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1249655)
Also last season at Wycombe he played a few in a 2 and a few in a 3 depending on the formation makes him a very useful acquisition especially with his pace keep the opposition on its toes.

agree on that. at least he can play in more than one position and not just in an emergency. think its a good move bringing him back especially as i was more than a bit worried who we actually did or were able to sign.

andyd 31-01-2021 16:42

Just wondering if big Ryan Edwards could be on our radar Wigan were rumoured to be interested but have brought Tilt in on loan, Edwards is up at Dundee United but his family are down here, rumoured to want a move near home, 27 6ft 5in decent player would probably involve small fee but wages probably right just a thought.

andyd 01-02-2021 09:46

John Coleman expecting it to be a quiet day regarding incomings on deadline day, 2 targets missed and 2 wanting money we haven't got.

monkey hanger 01-02-2021 09:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1249771)
John Coleman expecting it to be a quiet day regarding incomings on deadline day, 2 targets missed and 2 wanting money we haven't got.

as long as there are no outgoings i,m not all that bothered to be honest. do not want anyone who may be sub standard signed even on loan who at the best only makes the bench and then unused just for the sake of it.

StanleyJosh 01-02-2021 10:53

surprised at least not 1 outgoing.

andyd 01-02-2021 11:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by StanleyJosh (Post 1249777)
surprised at least not 1 outgoing.

Just listened to his interview doesn't mention any leaving but hasn't given up hope on 1 today incoming, what was more interesting was how the club might be more attractive in 12 months with the new facilities behind the main stand and the training pitch? , something I have banged on a bit for a while in the past training facilities or lack of I personally know has put players off in the past. The big question is where is this pitch at the sports hub my gut feeling or elsewhere.

andyd 01-02-2021 12:50

Looking like another midfielder on loan coming in Adam Phillips from Burnley currently on loan for his second stint at Morecambe.

Tin Monkey 01-02-2021 13:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1249779)
Looking like another midfielder on loan coming in Adam Phillips from Burnley currently on loan for his second stint at Morecambe.

If this is true [and I've no reason to believe it's not] then it would be a good signing. He's very highly thought of at Morecambe.

andyd 01-02-2021 16:08

Signing (s) imminent.

AccyMad 01-02-2021 16:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1249782)
Signing (s) imminent.

What position does Imminent play? :)

StanleyJosh 01-02-2021 16:27

2 in and signed on the dotted line.

andyd 01-02-2021 16:30

Could be a nightmare for Dan Jewell imminent 1 and imminent 2 in the same lineup.

andyd 01-02-2021 17:43

Welcome on board Adam Phillips on loan till end of season could be a shrewd signing this one scores plenty from midfield, unavailable for tomorrow , permanent signing to be announced later tying paperwork over assume also unavailable tomorrow.

cashman 01-02-2021 17:45

phillips looks a promising lad. needed midfield cover defo.reckon j.c. has done very well this window.

andyd 01-02-2021 17:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1249788)
phillips looks a promising lad. needed midfield cover defo.reckon j.c. has done very well this window.

The permanent lad coming in will probably be a defender or possibly another midfielder what you think Cashy?

cashman 01-02-2021 18:21

dunno andy my thoughts is mid fielder./centre half poss.

andyd 01-02-2021 18:21

David Morgan 2 and half year deal central midfielder Southport's captain another from them and Northern Ireland international same as Dion welcome and good luck.

AccyMad 01-02-2021 18:31

We're gonna have to build an extension onto the changing rooms at this rate, welcome aboard lads

andyd 01-02-2021 19:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1249793)
We're gonna have to build an extension onto the changing rooms at this rate, welcome aboard lads

It also creates some genuine competition in the middle of the park, Morgan highly rated by Liam Watson and apparently Southport turned down substantial bid from a National league side but felt couldn't stand in the way of this move, also Philips rated this season has stand out in league 2, if you're serious about finishing high up the league this is a positive move.

andyd 02-02-2021 07:17

Southport fans are naturally disappointed in losing their captain and overall best player, saying that they have no doubt he will adapt to league 1. With the National league's all about to curtail their season it makes sense for the lad to move now teacher as well so full time football for him now aggressive hard working 90+ midfielder just fits the mould could push the present 3 all the way in midfield what we want, because last 15 minutes at Plymouth tired legs in midfield let them run it more options now for Coley to change.

monkey hanger 02-02-2021 09:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1249792)
David Morgan 2 and half year deal central midfielder Southport's captain another from them and Northern Ireland international same as Dion welcome and good luck.

hope he is as good as dion and not like the other lad we got from southport a few years back who never made the jump up from non league. jumping up 3 divisions will not be easy but at least we have experiance of players doing it and coleys record in this is quite good.

StanleyJosh 02-02-2021 09:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1249804)
hope he is as good as dion and not like the other lad we got from southport a few years back who never made the jump up from non league. jumping up 3 divisions will not be easy but at least we have experiance of players doing it and coleys record in this is quite good.

I rated Liam Nolan to be honest, tall centre midfielder, didn't do anything special but would have been a good squad player to have.

Problem is when you want to play football and can earn more money being a starter in National League.

Twenty Eight 02-02-2021 09:55

It was the minutes more than the money with Liam.
I too thought he was a good squad member.