Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Pompey game on the tele :) (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/pompey-game-on-the-tele-71650.html)

cashman 02-05-2021 17:27

Re: Pompey game on the tele :)

SKY are crap thats why i will miss it. i wouldnt have sky if someone paid for it.

VALAIRIAN 02-05-2021 17:43

All hail the FANs today

cashman 02-05-2021 18:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1253540)
All hail the FANs today

i think they were stupid personally.

monkey hanger 03-05-2021 08:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1253541)
i think they were stupid personally.

when stanley are second in the premier league we can invade the wham and out andy holt. these fans have not a sodding clue what watching and supporting a proper football club is all about. they do not know when they are well off. they need to talk to bury and macclesfield fans to see what really bad ownership is. more bandwagon jumping yet again.

AccyMad 03-05-2021 08:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1253540)
All hail the FANs today

Can't condone those imbeciles at Old Trafford or those at Bolton tbh

monkey hanger 03-05-2021 08:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taypot (Post 1253520)
I've used ifollow all season and now I can't watch the final game as it's on Sky!

being a non season ticket holders i,ve purchased the stream for most games this season. for season ticket holders being promised a free stream for home games should be allowed for both clubs. it should not be too difficult to do this surely. remember it could be worse. national league fans get a similar deal to stanley season ticket holders where some clubs have had three games on that BT sports thing. with a smart tv you can pay for a sky 24 hour pass to watch at about a tenner. on BT sports you have to pay 25 pound for a monthly pass and then have the problem of cancelling it later. my lad tried it once. he,s far more computer friendly than i am but had problems.

Crown Grounder 03-05-2021 09:51

I'll be buying a NOW TV (SKY TV) sports 24 hour day pass for £9.99. Did the same thing a month or so ago when Sky televised an earlier Stanley game. Can't remember which game it was. But you get better camera coverage. The commentary is poor, but you can turn that off if it is too annoying.

andyd 03-05-2021 10:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crown Grounder (Post 1253565)
I'll be buying a NOW TV (SKY TV) sports 24 hour day pass for £9.99. Did the same thing a month or so ago when Sky televised an earlier Stanley game. Can't remember which game it was. But you get better camera coverage. The commentary is poor, but you can turn that off if it is too annoying.

Charlton away, and the picture is better quality and doesn't go off.

monkey hanger 03-05-2021 10:39

Quote:

thats fine for you and me though. not everyone has the facility to do that which is the problem. like many things in todays world you have to purchase things you do not really want just to keep up.

VALAIRIAN 03-05-2021 10:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1253553)
Can't condone those imbeciles at Old Trafford or those at Bolton tbh

Correct, I did not know it had gotten so far out of hand.

Mindless idiots causing trouble, some of them not even United supports I bet.

Taypot 03-05-2021 10:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1253572)

"Rent-a-Crowd" strikes again.

Chewbacca 03-05-2021 11:32

Other clubs have have managed to get Now Tv Sky Sports 1 day passes for season ticket holders, not saying it is the norm, but it has happened

Chewbacca 03-05-2021 11:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1253572)

They are very spoilt, and desperate to stop Liverpool winning the league for City on their ground.

Surprised AH wasn't there, as he was wearing a united "green and gold" scarf on his twitter, yet had a box there I also remember him saying. Never supported them of course, box was just business and the scarf was for a friend...

MikeA 03-05-2021 16:17

Quote:

The pass is also valid for two separate devices, even at different ends of the country. There's no reason why a couple of fans can't get together and work out how to arrange it between themselves. ;)

Mr T 04-05-2021 14:34

Folks

85% of the EFL's income comes from Sky and Sky Bet. We (the clubs) all NEED that money.

When you sponsor a league you expect to get rewards.

Live games is one of them and they (Sky) want you good people to view their product.

Clubs also get a facility fee to assist them with an inconviences for Sky showing the game.

I Follow is a substitute for fans not attending games. Home ST holders have been offered in lieu of not fully cancelling their ST's. Nobody ever thought of a full season without fans.

In L1 home clubs received a pre-agreed amount of away fans subscriptions in lieu of lost gate recepits. Not great but ASFC have done ok this season.

All not perfect, but it's got us through this season.

What we will have next season is still; sadly unclear !!:(