Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Dion (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/dion-72089.html)

VALAIRIAN 27-09-2021 19:17

Dion

A Hibs. supporter - friend of mine - sent me a link saying that Hibs. would be back in for Dion in January, as they had had a £200k - laughable I know - bid knocked back for him!

Exile on Spencer St 27-09-2021 20:41

Re: Dion

If he doesn’t wise up between now and then that bid might be just right for someone who hasn’t kicked a ball for three months.

monkey hanger 28-09-2021 08:52

about time he looks in the mirror and realises which club rescued his career and get back putting a shift in to thank them. without stanley he could still be plying his trade with someone like chorley or fylde. we gave him the chance. all these others didn,t.

VALAIRIAN 28-09-2021 09:07

Agreed, but my post is about the pathetic amount offered for Dion and not his attitude - which is equally so!

:) :)

andyd 28-09-2021 10:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1258071)
Agreed, but my post is about the pathetic amount offered for Dion and not his attitude - which is equally so!

So they Hibs. Tried it on Dion obviously wanted to go and leave the club with peanut,s while he would have got 10% of the fee hope if he doesn't see sence he goes for nought at least then he won't pocket nought.

AccyMad 28-09-2021 11:58

Apparently he's been called up to the latest Northern Ireland squad despite not currently playing for his club - seems a little strange

football19 28-09-2021 12:05

Tricky one this !!
Dion has proven he can perform at this level and has less than 9/10 months left on his contract.
Would imagine his agent has told him he could treble his wages if he went on a free so I assume Acci haven't offered him similar terms.
This is compounded by the fact hes an international and is probably aware of what others are on.
All forwards are stubborn buggers!!,so i think compromise is the only way forward.

Chewbacca 28-09-2021 12:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1258076)
So they Hibs. Tried it on Dion obviously wanted to go and leave the club with peanut,s while he would have got 10% of the fee hope if he doesn't see sence he goes for nought at least then he won't pocket nought.

Why would he have got 10% of the transfer fee?

Twenty Eight 28-09-2021 14:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chewbacca (Post 1258086)
Why would he have got 10% of the transfer fee?

Precisely. Where you getting this from Andy ?

Twenty Eight 28-09-2021 14:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by football19 (Post 1258085)
Tricky one this !!
Dion has proven he can perform at this level and has less than 9/10 months left on his contract.
Would imagine his agent has told him he could treble his wages if he went on a free so I assume Acci haven't offered him similar terms.
This is compounded by the fact hes an international and is probably aware of what others are on.
All forwards are stubborn buggers!!,so i think compromise is the only way forward.

I take it the club doesn't have an option ?
That being the case he's free to speak to other clubs from January onwards.
From the clubs perspective anything is better than nothing.

andyd 28-09-2021 15:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1258088)
Precisely. Where you getting this from Andy ?

Dreamt it

Crown Grounder 28-09-2021 16:44

The problem must be between Manager and Player, and the manager can't give way or other players would start trying it on. Come on Dion, show the fan's you care about the Club. Play for us like we know you can and we'll love you forever! And when you leave we'll still remember you as one of our own....😁

Twenty Eight 28-09-2021 16:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crown Grounder (Post 1258095)
The problem must be between Manager and Player, and the manager can't give way or other players would start trying it on. Come on Dion, show the fan's you care about the Club. Play for us like we know you can and we'll love you forever! And when you leave we'll still remember you as one of our own....😁

Whilst the same scenario totally different mind set.
Jordan Clark never downed tools gave his all right to the end.
Very disappointed with Dion.

cashman 28-09-2021 17:03

THE MAN IS A DISGRACE, sooner we get shut the better,

Exile on Spencer St 28-09-2021 17:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1258096)
Whilst the same scenario totally different mind set.
Jordan Clark never downed tools gave his all right to the end.
Very disappointed with Dion.

And we will always respect Clicker for that.
Same with Colby Bishop - he had interest from the Posh but has got on with the job.
As for Charles’ international call up, good luck to him, hope the bench is heated, but that may say as much about NI’s options as his ability.

football19 28-09-2021 19:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1258089)
I take it the club doesn't have an option ?
That being the case he's free to speak to other clubs from January onwards.
From the clubs perspective anything is better than nothing.

The way things are panning out I assume Acci don’t have an option.
His agent will have been busy pre January!!!.
Reminds me of years ago,when we should have been promoted,but Windass and Crooks lost form when in a similar situation.
Agree the club should something rather than nothing.

Exile on Spencer St 28-09-2021 19:50

Yes, F19, we remember Windass and Crooks. ‘Losing form’ is a polite way of putting it. To others it looked like they both just couldn’t be bothered once they’d stitched up their ‘big’ move.
I just find Charles’ attitude dishonourable.
Everybody knows he would have been sold in January and, just because he’s been rubbing shoulders with the millionaires :rolleyes: in the NI squad and suddenly feels hard done by, he couldn’t just give his best for a few months to a club that took him from the dizzying heights of National North to League 1.

I don’t agree with every decision Coley makes, but I’m with him on this.

Inspector Morse 28-09-2021 20:40

Bit harsh on Crooks and Windass.

Windass was on fire at end of season after his op and Crooks was injured trying to turn the Plymouth game around.

Reminds me of Shay McCarten's winner. Glorious.

Exile on Spencer St 28-09-2021 20:55

OK, maybe that’s too harsh and doesn’t reflect the ‘Endeavour’ ;) of those two.
It’s also not fair because I don’t think Charles is yet anywhere near those two in terms of ability.

monkey hanger 29-09-2021 09:02

billy kee or dion charles. know who i,d want to back me up and it aint the latter.

cashman 29-09-2021 10:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1258134)
It’s also not fair because I don’t think Charles is yet anywhere near those two in terms of ability.

He aint and never will be,imho, to me he has turned out to be a big headed little runt.

Lord Stiffupperlip 30-09-2021 12:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1258148)
He aint and never will be,imho, to me he has turned out to be a big headed little runt.

Bonny Prince Charlie has morphed into the Young Pretender.
We all know what happened to him! :o

monkey hanger 01-10-2021 08:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1258097)
THE MAN IS A DISGRACE, sooner we get shut the better,

well for a start he is not helping himself with his actions. some clubs may think again now about there interest in him. no manager wants to sign someone who may become a problem in the future no matter how they can perform on the pitch. my lad always rated dion highly before stanley signed him saying why is that lad still playing in non league. possibly we now know the answer.

Lost in Cornwall 04-11-2021 14:11

Now left out of the Northern Ireland squad. Hopefully might start to knock some sense into him.

andyd 05-11-2021 06:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lost in Cornwall (Post 1258989)
Now left out of the Northern Ireland squad. Hopefully might start to knock some sense into him.

Can't knock sense into a person who hasn't got any in the first place.

cashman 05-11-2021 12:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1258134)

it looks to me like Charles has a bigger HEAD,agree he is nowhere near those lads, also i think hes thick, cos he could end up with no career at all.

Exile on Spencer St 05-11-2021 17:34

I don’t know much about Dion and whether he’s any brighter or not than any other football player, but, if rumours are correct, he seems to be stubborn.
We’ve all made daft decision at times and cut off our noses to spite our faces.
But, with a career as short and uncertain as a footballer’s can be, it seems unwise not to realise when you’re seriously damaging your own prospects.
Just hope it’s not too late to mend fences with the club if he does come to his senses.

cashman 05-11-2021 18:05

exile i think yeh nailed it spot on.

monkey hanger 06-11-2021 07:53

unless there are things going on behind the scene we have no idea of the whole affair is very strange. dion on paper looks to have a very short memory as stanley gave him a chance to get back playing league football after his time in non league. you would have thought he would have appreciated that unless there are other factors involved.

cashman 06-11-2021 10:26

the only factor to me is STUPIDITY.

LongLostSon 06-11-2021 12:09

I don't pretend to know more than nowt about transfer shananigans. However, where there's brass involved and agents it isn't difficult to imagine a scenario where it might have been whispered in the lad's ear that a bigger club move is on if the price tag can be slashed. Agents will not have any regard to club loyalty/fairness - nor do they attach the remotest importance to the fact that their moneyspinner is showing contempt towards his teammates. Spent too much time throwing his sel on the grass appealing to the ref for me.

VALAIRIAN 12-11-2021 07:44

With Colby out, I wonder if we will see Dion on Saturday??

choirboy 12-11-2021 07:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1259304)
With Colby out, I wonder if we will see Dion on Saturday??

I doubt it Joe!:(
If he does turn up though, Dion is more than welcome to come and stand with us in the Clayton End! I will lend him a red and white scarf. He can experience the Pride and the Passion of the Stanley Faithful and perhaps we can talk some sense into him!:jimbo::alright:

cashman 12-11-2021 15:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by choirboy (Post 1259310)
I doubt it Joe!:(
If he does turn up though, Dion is more than welcome to come and stand with us in the Clayton End! I will lend him a red and white scarf. He can experience the Pride and the Passion of the Stanley Faithful and perhaps we can talk some sense into him!:jimbo::alright:

yeh have to have a brain to talk sense to yon mon.and he aint got one.

monkey hanger 13-11-2021 08:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1259336)
yeh have to have a brain to talk sense to yon mon.and he aint got one.

he might have got one but looks like someone who prefers to act on bad advice rather than good. if he,s not careful he,ll be back on the skid row of the non league scene.

Lord Stiffupperlip 24-11-2021 11:09

The recent interview with JC has at least thrown some light on the situation, but there are always 2 sides to every argument & so far we've only heard the clubs version.
Putting aside the actual value of any offer, 'if' another club did make a last minute bid for Charles, it would naturally make him think twice before signing any new contract.
All players want to play at a higher level & it stands to reason that it was probably; 1.A bigger club & 2.Paying higher wages.
What concerns me is that the rest of the squad may actually sympathise with Charles on the way he's subsequently been frozen out.
Perhaps he's not the only player who's withdrawn his labour?
Just a wild guess.

cashman 24-11-2021 11:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1259356)
he might have got one but looks like someone who prefers to act on bad advice rather than good. if he,s not careful he,ll be back on the skid row of the non league scene.

how has he got a brain? if yer right and prefers to act on bad advice.

VALAIRIAN 24-11-2021 12:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Stiffupperlip (Post 1260016)
The recent interview with JC has at least thrown some light on the situation, but there are always 2 sides to every argument & so far we've only heard the clubs version.
Putting aside the actual value of any offer, 'if' another club did make a last minute bid for Charles, it would naturally make him think twice before signing any new contract.
All players want to play at a higher level & it stands to reason that it was probably; 1.A bigger club & 2.Paying higher wages.
What concerns me is that the rest of the squad may actually sympathise with Charles on the way he's subsequently been frozen out.
Perhaps he's not the only player who's withdrawn his labour?
Just a wild guess.

£200k from Hibs on deadline day.

Poor offer, better Club.

Colby had an offer more than 3 times that from Peterborough.....

Whatever, things are not great :(

:) :) :)

andyd 24-11-2021 13:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1260021)
£200k from Hibs on deadline day.

Poor offer, better Club.

Colby had an offer more than 3 times that from Peterborough.....

Whatever, things are not great :(

That Hibs offer branded about in the press wasn't true that's a fact from a very reliable source there was a derogatory offer from an unknown source at the last minute and was turned down flat which is the clubs perogative, what I would like to know is who decided he wasn't playing Dion or the club as said we have only heard one side of the story.Ihave heard of training ground bust ups other players not wanting to sign improved contracts and certain players not wanting to train.

Lord Stiffupperlip 24-11-2021 13:32

Which club made the offer & whatever was offered is irrelevant.
The point in question, if JC is to be believed, is that Charles only offered to re-sign if there was no bid forthcoming.
Of course the club are entitled to reject any offer, but the fact that someone showed interest would only convince Charles to hold back.
No one really knows if Charles has downed tools or has been frozen out by the club.
Simply trying to understand both sides of the argument.

andyd 24-11-2021 13:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Stiffupperlip (Post 1260028)
Which club made the offer & whatever was offered is irrelevant.
The point in question, if JC is to be believed, is that Charles only offered to re-sign if there was no bid forthcoming.
Of course the club are entitled to reject any offer, but the fact that someone showed interest would only convince Charles to hold back.
No one really knows if Charles has downed tools or has been frozen out by the club.
Simply trying to understand both sides of the argument.

People are missing the point here that he his currently under contract if he refuses to play he breaches it the fact he is still here raises suspicion to me we aren't being told the whole story.

Lord Stiffupperlip 24-11-2021 13:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1260029)
People are missing the point here that he his currently under contract if he refuses to play he breaches it the fact he is still here raises suspicion to me we aren't being told the whole story.

That point is only relevant if he is refusing to play.
Unless you know something we don't?

monkey hanger 25-11-2021 09:36

everything is just guess work. is he actually traing with the first team or actually training at all. is he available for selection, refusing to play or the management refusing to play him. for the success of the club something needs to happen quickly in january and not in the last few minutes of the window when its too late to replace him.

Watchdog 25-11-2021 11:31

At the recent forum AH confirmed Dion was training with the Youth Team.

monkey hanger 26-11-2021 08:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Watchdog (Post 1260079)
At the recent forum AH confirmed Dion was training with the Youth Team.

thats usually seen as a sort of punishment for a player if true.

VALAIRIAN 08-12-2021 10:30

Did anybody else notice Wombles had a No. 32 called D. Charles - Darius......?

Crown Grounder 08-12-2021 12:11

Doubt we'll see "the Dion" again. Just hope he goes in the January Window.....but not to a League 1 club......

AccyMad 14-12-2021 11:36

Dion is in the starting line up for this afternoons under 23's game - personally I wouldn't even put him on the bench but on the other hand, he should be doing something to earn his wages - sweeping up maybe??

cashman 14-12-2021 13:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1261151)
Dion is in the starting line up for this afternoons under 23's game - personally I wouldn't even put him on the bench but on the other hand, he should be doing something to earn his wages - sweeping up maybe??

Now yer talking.

Inspector Morse 14-12-2021 21:37

Should be glad he didnt go to Hibs.

Twenty Eight 15-12-2021 10:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inspector Morse (Post 1261182)
Should be glad he didnt go to Hibs.

Who should be ? Him or us ? Suddenly £200k looks attractive.

monkey hanger 15-12-2021 10:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1261212)

actually anything would be now. get him off the books, save a wage for a replacement. at the moment its like owning a car thats knackered and beyond repair that you still tax and insure.

andyd 15-12-2021 12:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1261212)

That bid is just a guess my sources told me it wasn't Hibs a lower Scottish club with a derogatory bid I was told nobody might ever know the truth.
Don't be surprised if nobody wants him.

Twenty Eight 15-12-2021 13:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1261217)
That bid is just a guess my sources told me it wasn't Hibs a lower Scottish club with a derogatory bid I was told nobody might ever know the truth.
Don't be surprised if nobody wants him.

Bolton being touted as interested in January.

Crown Grounder 15-12-2021 14:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1261223)

Can you imagine the chanting and songs from the away supporters on Monday 18th April..........

cashman 15-12-2021 14:06

if he went yon it will suit him the horrible get,

Inspector Morse 15-12-2021 14:23

For clarification,

Dion should be glad he did not sign for Hibs.

andyd 15-12-2021 14:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1261223)

Football league world reporting.this one if true take him we,ll have Delfonso as a swap Coleman's tried to sign him before.

Twenty Eight 15-12-2021 15:03

Insp Morse
Why ?
Mid table Premiership club paying an average of three times more than we do.
Would have suited him down to the ground.
More money and bench warming.

cashman 15-12-2021 15:15

if he goes to a premiership club i will eat hay with a donkey.

DaveinGermany 15-12-2021 18:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1261230)

Is that you inviting me out to Dinner Cashy? :D

Exile on Spencer St 15-12-2021 18:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 1261234)
Is that you inviting me out to Dinner Cashy? :D

Aye, if you bring the hay

DaveinGermany 16-12-2021 07:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1261236)
Aye, if you bring the hay

I can do that, at least enough for him, I'll be chomping on Steak & chips! :D:D

monkey hanger 16-12-2021 08:07

Quote:

and i,ll become a vegan.

mab 16-12-2021 10:51

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/so...-stanley-star/

andyd 16-12-2021 12:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by mab (Post 1261264)

Couldn't give a flying f---- about him.

monkey hanger 17-12-2021 09:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1261279)
Couldn't give a flying f---- about him.

i,d actually swap him for a couple of training balls as we could make use of them.

Div3North 17-12-2021 09:44

Some suggestion of interest from Bolton, it seems ..... He may make a good Trotter, although whether it's Del Boy or Rodney I'm not sure

andyd 17-12-2021 09:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Div3North (Post 1261335)
Some suggestion of interest from Bolton, it seems ..... He may make a good Trotter, although whether it's Del Boy or Rodney I'm not sure

Apparently after the question and answer evening with John and Jimmy Dion was offered an olive branch his response was he wants out of the club now unless someone isn't telling us something that attitude stinks good luck to anyone who signs him.

cashman 17-12-2021 11:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1261336)
Apparently after the question and answer evening with John and Jimmy Dion was offered an olive branch his response was he wants out of the club now unless someone isn't telling us something that attitude stinks good luck to anyone who signs him.

anyone stupid enough to sign him will get what they deserve i reckon. big headed little runt.

AccyMad 17-12-2021 12:08

Quote:

Definitely a Rodney, aka a proper plonker

Twenty Eight 17-12-2021 15:37

Quote:

Scottish Premiership Cashy. It was in reference to the alleged Hibs interest.
Scottish Premier = top half league one.

cashman 17-12-2021 17:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1261358)
Scottish Premiership Cashy. It was in reference to the alleged Hibs interest.
Scottish Premier = top half league one.

aye thats like div 1 i reckon a couple of clubs could possibly hold a position yon but the rest no chance.

monkey hanger 18-12-2021 08:30

take out the big glasgow 2 and the rest would be in a similar position in div.1 as they are in the scottish premier. go down to the bottom 2 divisions its our non league regional standard with smaller gates.

ferret man 18-12-2021 15:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1261343)
anyone stupid enough to sign him will get what they deserve i reckon. big headed little runt.

Big headed little runt. Cashy are you using predicted text.

monkey hanger 19-12-2021 08:54

again if dion had been a player who never knew anything in his life but being a league footballer i could give him a bit of slack. however after spending a few seasons on the non league scrap heap you would think he,d give stanley some slack because they put his career back on track. without stanley he could have easily been playing in the FA Trophy yesterday somewhere like alfreton.

andyd 22-12-2021 17:42

Looking like he,s going to Bolton in January they are welcome to him.

cashman 22-12-2021 18:01

good riddance if thats the case.

monkey hanger 23-12-2021 08:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1261512)
good riddance if thats the case.

thats a real career and lifetime move for him apart from the extra dosh. if he fails there his next move may be altrincham or chorley.

Div3North 23-12-2021 10:38

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1261511)
Looking like he,s going to Bolton in January they are welcome to him.

…. that’s the end of the news, and here’s the weather forecast

:theband::theband::theband:

Kiwi John 24-12-2021 00:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1261520)
thats a real career and lifetime move for him apart from the extra dosh. if he fails there his next move may be altrincham or chorley.

:( My mate plays for Alty, and he's a very nice young man.

monkey hanger 24-12-2021 08:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiwi John (Post 1261542)
:( My mate plays for Alty, and he's a very nice young man.

well i,ll say fylde instead of alty as i always have had a soft spot for them and do not wish him on them. where is our mate graham westley nowadays.

AccyMad 24-12-2021 21:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1261547)
well i,ll say fylde instead of alty as i always have had a soft spot for them and do not wish him on them. where is our mate graham westley nowadays.

That nice Mr. Westley, still on the dole queue as far as I know & deservedly so

Outback Ozzy 28-12-2021 15:01

Read of FB that Dion gone to Bolton for a reported £300k, their welcome to him. No man is bigger than the team

VALAIRIAN 28-12-2021 15:56

Apart from Y.F.B. :D

choirboy 28-12-2021 17:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1261841)
Apart from Y.F.B. :D

“Who ate all the Pies?”……:s_boom:

monkey hanger 29-12-2021 08:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy (Post 1261837)
Read of FB that Dion gone to Bolton for a reported £300k, their welcome to him. No man is bigger than the team

especially if they are not playing in it. if this is true he is a very lucky lad indeed. funny how football must be the only proffesion where some of the good guys do not prosper but the opposite types do.

DaveinGermany 29-12-2021 09:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1261854)
funny how football must be the only proffesion where some of the good guys do not prosper but the opposite types do.

That & politics.

Twenty Eight 29-12-2021 11:00

Don't believe its a done deal.
Others dipping in and out.
Latest I've heard is Sunderland ?
He has to go this month but worth waiting a bit for the best price.

andyd 29-12-2021 12:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1261866)
Don't believe its a done deal.
Others dipping in and out.
Latest I've heard is Sunderland ?
He has to go this month but worth waiting a bit for the best price.

He Dion will dictate where he ends up will probably want round here he,s certainly dictated to Stanley he wouldn't play.

cashman 29-12-2021 12:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1261869)
He Dion will dictate where he ends up will probably want round here he,s certainly dictated to Stanley he wouldn't play.

if sunderland do make an acceptable bid my moneys on them.

Twenty Eight 29-12-2021 15:11

No he won't the club is in total charge.
If he goes in January then it is for the club to accept or reject any offer.
He can sign a pre contract agreement now to move at the end of the season but will have to rot here until then.
He has to go from the club's perspective because his attitude etc around the camp will be toxic.
However it should be to the highest bidder - not whether its local for pipe and slippers Charles.

andyd 29-12-2021 15:31

The contract he signed for us meant nothing has he hasn't played since September whatever went on remains in the club unless Charles spills when he moves other players in their last six months of a contract play so it to me was something other.

Twenty Eight 29-12-2021 15:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1261887)
The contract he signed for us meant nothing has he hasn't played since September whatever went on remains in the club unless Charles spills when he moves other players in their last six months of a contract play so it to me was something other.

The contract means something until the club says it doesn't.
So that means its up to us - 1/ If he goes in January. 2/ Which bid is accepted.

andyd 29-12-2021 17:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1261892)
The contract means something until the club says it doesn't.
So that means its up to us - 1/ If he goes in January. 2/ Which bid is accepted.

Or he could be awkward and wait until the summer if he doesn't like what the club decides going on present form that's a possibility.

VALAIRIAN 29-12-2021 17:35

Quite agree Andy.....:(

He has pleased himself - and let himself/us/Stanley/Coley down - since September, doubt very much he will change now.......................

monkey hanger 30-12-2021 09:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1261902)
Or he could be awkward and wait until the summer if he doesn't like what the club decides going on present form that's a possibility.

you must have read my mind. doubt the club is dealing with the average player here. wherever he ends up i wish him all the bad luck in the world now. some lads would sell their internal organs for the chance he got becoming a pro footballer.

Twenty Eight 30-12-2021 16:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1261903)
Quite agree Andy.....:(

He has pleased himself - and let himself/us/Stanley/Coley down - since September, doubt very much he will change now.......................

He will be gone. The interest is from clubs who may not be interested at the end of the season and are seeking to reinforce their striker options for a promotion push.

cashman 30-12-2021 16:37

sooner the better. imho.

Chewbacca 30-12-2021 21:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1261886)
No he won't the club is in total charge.
If he goes in January then it is for the club to accept or reject any offer.
He can sign a pre contract agreement now to move at the end of the season but will have to rot here until then.
He has to go from the club's perspective because his attitude etc around the camp will be toxic.
However it should be to the highest bidder - not whether its local for pipe and slippers Charles.

I didn't think he could sign a pre-contract now unless it was with a club from another association.

He can refuse to go to the highest bidder and honour his existing contract. The comments from Coleman saying he needs to sign a new contract if he wants to play, makes the club look in the wrong.