Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Wigan EFL trophy (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/wigan-efl-trophy-72193.html)

andyd 30-11-2021 17:48

Wigan EFL trophy

Line up:- one change to starting 11 Scully for Conneely same bench.

VALAIRIAN 30-11-2021 17:51

Re: Wigan EFL trophy

Wow, going for it....

Scully is a good player I think.

:) :) :)

Watchdog 30-11-2021 18:16

Lets hope for another repeat win from last Saturday.

Watchdog 30-11-2021 19:04

Sir Harry

andyd 30-11-2021 20:54

Poor game apart from Pell,s goal their keeper hadn't a save to make Wigan win on penalties and frankly especially second half were the better side.

VALAIRIAN 30-11-2021 20:54

Coley's old adage comes home................... :(

:)

andyd 01-12-2021 07:30

Coleman,s post match interview spot on absolutely woeful no wonder not many turned up the only bright spots Coyle, Nolan and Savin, Bishop had no one alongside him so leading a non existent line I,d start Nolan Saturday with Mumbongo alongside Bishop Coyle in midfield rest upto Coley to change things, the passing out of defence especially Sykes has been woeful for sometime last night every pass was just excepted by Wigan and to be honest they should have won easily in normal time thankfully it was their reserves dread to think what would have happened if they had played their first 11.

cashman 01-12-2021 08:04

stanleys distribution is absolute rubbish demonstrated again clearly last night.:(

StanleyJosh 01-12-2021 08:18

Anyone else notice JC absolute lose it with a certain sub who wasn't ready in time to come on.... so didn't in the end....

andyd 01-12-2021 08:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by StanleyJosh (Post 1260414)
Anyone else notice JC absolute lose it with a certain sub who wasn't ready in time to come on.... so didn't in the end....

Sums the general view from outside that something isn't quite right certain players just going through the motions maybe should join Charles going through the motions of training and picking a wage up makes my blood boil. Saturday if the same I am personally going to give it to them as a supporter you are entitled watching that drivel.

monkey hanger 01-12-2021 09:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1260415)
Sums the general view from outside that something isn't quite right certain players just going through the motions maybe should join Charles going through the motions of training and picking a wage up makes my blood boil. Saturday if the same I am personally going to give it to them as a supporter you are entitled watching that drivel.

If this had been a league game i,d be with you. However the players might have had the same interest in the game as the fans who stayed away. Saturday has become now a massive game for everyone in the club and the fans themselves. Hope we get something to shout out thats positive and not get on the players backs unless they give us a good reason for doing so.

Exile on Spencer St 01-12-2021 10:32

You may well have a point, MH.
It was a pretty uninspiring game in the main but I thought Messrs Scully and Coyle did well, and brought a bit of pace and bite to Stanley. Both, you would imagine, trying their best to get out of the ‘reserves’ and into the first team squad.
Wigan, to my eyes, played a better all round game, quicker to most second or loose balls, running into space, making themselves available for a pass, etc, etc. And I was told seven of their team were ‘reserves’. Maybe they too were taking their chance to make an impression when offered.
Saturday will indeed be a real test.

Watchdog 01-12-2021 10:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1260416)
If this had been a league game i,d be with you. However the players might have had the same interest in the game as the fans who stayed away. Saturday has become now a massive game for everyone in the club and the fans themselves. Hope we get something to shout out thats positive and not get on the players backs unless they give us a good reason for doing so.

Spot on monkey hanger, getting on players backs wont make them play better. Will just make the situation worse by the fact they will lose even more confidence in themselves

cashman 01-12-2021 11:20

thought coley summed up very well. i hope he makes changes on sat. but doubt it.

andyd 01-12-2021 11:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1260416)

If they weren't interested then say so and let someone else play who his interested load of codswallop if same attitude Saturday we are beaten before a ball is kicked should be proud of wearing the shirt whatever game.