Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Bradford 1st round carabao cup. (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/bradford-1st-round-carabao-cup-73473.html)

andyd 08-08-2023 07:21

Bradford 1st round carabao cup.

In the event of a tied score after 90+ minutes the game goes straight to penalties.

VALAIRIAN 08-08-2023 07:40

Re: Bradford 1st round carabao cup.

Need to score more in the 90 then Andy ;)

:)

VALAIRIAN 08-08-2023 07:41

I would make a few changes tonight, just to give more players game time :)

andyd 08-08-2023 08:16

[QUOTE=VALAIRIAN;1273528]I would make a few changes tonight, just to give more players game time

Fernandez doesn't seem to have had much game time preseason or Saturday maybe nursing an injury but we need him fit he's a decent defender, has for changes that's always difficult do you give the ones in already more minutes or pick a side you hope will progress maybe try a different option upfront?

Crown Grounder 08-08-2023 09:18

[QUOTE=andyd;1273529]
Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1273528)
I would make a few changes tonight, just to give more players game time

Fernandez doesn't seem to have had much game time preseason or Saturday maybe nursing an injury but we need him fit he's a decent defender, has for changes that's always difficult do you give the ones in already more minutes or pick a side you hope will progress maybe try a different option upfront?

Coley and his team know the players and know where they are up to fitness-wise. We often just guess based on our limited knowledge and prejudices. I hope Fernández is fit and is able to play so that Lewis's swollen ankle is rested.

VALAIRIAN 08-08-2023 17:47

8 changes is too many I feel :eek:

Will see at full time :)

andyd 08-08-2023 17:54

[QUOTE=VALAIRIAN;1273542]8 changes is too many I feel :eek:

Will see at full time :)

Obviously having a good look at fringe players in game mode never going to win this competition just a risk has gate money isn't has lucrative in this competition they think is worth the state of play in the squad in real time football.

VALAIRIAN 08-08-2023 18:19

Would always be nice to get through to 3rd ish and get a decent team :)

As you say though, 3 points against Gillingham is far more important ;)

Haggis316 08-08-2023 19:23

According to the BBC site Accrington substitute number 33 named Popoola. Would he be Josh Popoola, aged 19/20 released by Bournemouth at the end of last season? Recall a number 33 impressing in trials.

andyd 08-08-2023 21:54

What an awful game to watch that was 1st half couldn't believe just how bad Bradford were and our totally inept tactics of having any players near the opposition,s box was absolutely tactical out of touch if we had shown any bit of compulsion to venture into that box first half we could have been a couple of goals to the good, no we fall asleep waiting for half time and let a very grateful Bradford take the lead. The minute we introduce Andrews for a very poor Lowe we found the opposition,s box shortly after we equalize rocket science init. Then the game was pretty poor until the inevitable penalty shootout, for Accrington,s part it was nothing short of embarrassing summed up by Adeyoin penalty farce which sums the player up for me lacks concentration seems at times totally uninterested in what,s going on around him totally poor night and people on here say he should be an automatic selection don't know what they are seeing because it certainly isn't footballing nonce. Back to the league Saturday tough game away at Gillingham Coleman needs quickly to find his best 11 and instructions on attacking the opposition,s box and hopefully no Lowe or Adeyoin in.

AccyMad 08-08-2023 22:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haggis316 (Post 1273549)
According to the BBC site Accrington substitute number 33 named Popoola. Would he be Josh Popoola, aged 19/20 released by Bournemouth at the end of last season? Recall a number 33 impressing in trials.

No, apparently he's a 16 year old academy player

Exile on Spencer St 08-08-2023 22:21

Can’t disagree with Andyd’s summary about our first half tactics (if there were any) and two man ‘strike’ force. We were woeful in attack for a long time; even Longelo had an ineffective match.
But some of the ‘squad’ players did OK. The back four (O’Brien, Hall, Pickles and Quirk) did well against a beefy and physical side. Martin did well in midfield, especially in the second half. Andrews scored a proper centre-forward’s goal.
Two penalties were disappointing, (being kind) but a 105 minute draw, with a less than full strength team, against last season’s L2 play-off contenders was creditable.

Crown Grounder 08-08-2023 22:43

An entertaining game. Thought Bradford were very poor throughout the game including substitutions. Very poor around the box, seemed to rely totally on set-pieces. We were poor in the final third and Lowe out-muscled in every challenge. Not sure what he brings to our attack. I thought he may do better in League two but on tonight's showing he's playing a league or two above where he should be playing. Kode, did OK playing behind Lowe with his link-up play and was one of our better players in the first half. We were much better following the substitutions of Leigh, Andrews and Nolan. O'Brien? I think our sub at left back, did Ok in a very physical game and only got muscled off the ball once. His passing was safe and he took the easy option but it was OK for a first League Two level game. The Penalties, well its always a Lottery.....and least said the better. Glad Leigh and Whalley were there to console the misses....I can't imagine how tough it must be taking and then missing a penalty in that situation. My heart goes out to them.

Finally great atmosphere created by the Bradford City fans......the only time they were quiet was when we scored the equaliser....

Watchdog 09-08-2023 04:36

Result apart, i thought all the young lads from the 23s were excellent tonight and will do their confidence in playing league football a world of good. Also thought Quirk had a really good game. Would have been nice to win but pushing on in EFL League 2 is
more important.

andyd 09-08-2023 07:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Watchdog (Post 1273559)
Result apart, i thought all the young lads from the 23s were excellent tonight and will do their confidence in playing league football a world of good. Also thought Quirk had a really good game. Would have been nice to win but pushing on in EFL League 2 is
more important.

Bit worrying on the 8 changes in the starting line up were through fitness issues and injuries according to Coleman only 2nd game in doesn't make for good listening plus I thought John,s body language gave away that the performance did affect him he just won't say it in public.