Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2006, 23:20   #1

Thumbs up A big Thanks Lads

After tonights performance & banging in a wider margin than of recent weeks has to be congratulated. Well done one & all, players & management for demonstrating why we can keep the faith.
We've got so far & six more wins will definitely ensure the mathematical sceptics that they can really throw their calculators away.
However, wouldn't going all the way for max points put the icing on the celebratory cake-106 points & up!
Accrington Web
Old 08-03-2006, 06:23   #2

Re: A big Thanks Lads

Post scrubbed: just goes to show that trying anything with maths is a bad idea first thing in the morning. I should have known I'd get it wrong...

Last edited by Fatso; 08-03-2006 at 06:40. Reason: I can't count! :)
Fatso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 09:27   #3

Excellent performance last night. The fans were excellent and you certainly taught us a thing or 2 on how to defend.

Shame the players were more interested in taunting the home fans (without provocation) when they scored rather than celebrating with there own fans, especially after the distance they travelled.

I hope the club don't forget the role the fans have played in the success of the team so far. You blotted your copy book last night which was a shame but still a good result.
posh shot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 11:07   #4

So having coins and bottles thrown at em doesnt blot your copy book does it not?? Glass houses n stones etc...

Jimbo T blower

Born and Bred in Accrington - You cant BUY class

"We invented the big time now we're back in the big time" ( Loweiy circa 2006 )

AND THATS WHERE WE'RE STAYIN!!!!
Jimbo T Hornblower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 14:24   #5

We both know that there was no coins or bottles thrown.
posh shot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 18:40   #6
God Member

well seeing as about 3 bottles just missed me i think u find your little chav army at the gates where in fact chucking bottles at us!!!
Old 08-03-2006, 19:01   #7

I saw something go over (looked like a coin) in the second half but it's not our (the supporters) fault is it? We try and distance ourselves from them as we dont need them. You could have complained to a steward and they would of probably looked out for the offenders and hopefully caught them?
martinATFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 19:13   #8
God Member

nah its reyt people complained but its almost impossible to pick out one bottle/coin being thrown....nobody was seriously hurt so forget about it...The Stanley fans who traveled know who the real shots fans are!
Old 08-03-2006, 19:17   #9

I went to Crawley on saturday and there were some decent chaps from aldershot there. Your always going to get the odd idiot at a game who throws coins, chips etc
RossendaleRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 19:21   #10

They can throw money at me anytime, I'm a Yorkshire Stanley supporter and we don't throw money at anybody!!!
fettler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 21:45   #11

aye, the're canny with their brass in british east Accrington ( or Yorkshire as the locals insist on calling it ) !
LongLostSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 22:26   #12

Pity this link seems to have been hijacked for the sake of a minority of muppets we all get at matches from time to time. The real purpose of posting this was to compliment Cav, Paul and the lads plus John, Jimmy, Paul & Eric on a job targeted & virtually fulfilled. And after some scraped results to see a thumping by four goals shows why we will be champions!
Old 08-03-2006, 23:35   #13
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by big al
Pity this link seems to have been hijacked for the sake of a minority of muppets we all get at matches from time to time. The real purpose of posting this was to compliment Cav, Paul and the lads plus John, Jimmy, Paul & Eric on a job targeted & virtually fulfilled. And after some scraped results to see a thumping by four goals shows why we will be champions!
You're absolutely right, Al.

It's also of considerable significance that Stanley went to Aldershot and redeemed themselves in spades for that awful defeat on our (televised) conference debut.
Henry Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 17:50   #14

yeah, sorry Al, still not used to these giddy heights after all these weeks.

I thought it a delight to witness such a game - it was a real credit to the Conference. And what can you say about our lads ? - pure class act and no one at the ground could doubt our right to be crowned champions. The self belief with which they played was awesome - hardly had a voice left at the end.
repentant muppet.
LongLostSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 18:26   #15

LLS I appreciate yuour right to castigate idiots who throw things at players etc, they are the muppets I was refering to, not our lads & supporters, after all, as champions elect we know how to behave don't we!!!
Ps. If I am caught being over exuberant at the Southport game when we lift the cup please forgive me, I promise it will only be because of being caught up in the moment!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..