Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-08-2006, 23:21   #1
Junior Member+

A couple of questions really..

Hiya All

been a member for a while and lurked before, although I were a regular visitor to the Crown Ground, as it was then, I never went into the Bar/Sports Lounge. What I'd like to know is, can you just go in or do you have to be a member or pay on the door?

I have a mate that has never had the chance to see Accrington Stanley play and he's up here for the Wrexham game on the 13th after failing on numerous occasions to pick a day with a home game. Do you think it could be a sell out? is it worth getting tickets or pay on the night?

From what I've read crowds arent were they were thought, I think generally the crowds are down a bit, but I can only tell from a Luton Town perspective, so, what do I know

In the past I've had occasion to drop in Football Programmes from mainly Southern Non League Clubs, to the Club Shop which sold them on for the clubs funds, do they still do that?

Was'nt that long ago that we played Wrexham, great day out, great pies that didnt give me heartburn, but thats another story. Nice pub right outside the ground, been there several times and never failed to be welcomed, and they dont mind a sing song, gets a bit packed, and kids welcome, if thats of any help to anyone who hasnt been there before and intending too.

Now ... this little Cup game you have coming up...... with that little team in Hertfordshire, the name I never say but you know who I mean, come on lads.. do you think you can ? oh my gawd ... you would be all hero's :engsmil: Luton fans would love it, blimey I'm getting excited at the thought.

Not that I'm saying that you havent earnt the right and its how you play on the day that counts. Would be a good scalp.

The thought of Luton playing you crossed my mind but I have to live round here so maybe not now, but it'll happen no doubt.

Good Luck for that one anyway, just give it all and you never know.

and of course Wellcome To the League (albeit a bit late)

Up the Hatters
AccyHat is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-08-2006, 23:24   #2
Senior Member+

Re: A couple of questions really..

Thanks mate , we have a Luton Town fan in our ranks in big Ian, although ain't seen him for a while

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2006, 23:33   #3
God Member

Iains V busy but will be around soon... When going to away games down M1 we stop off in Luton on way back for meal and drinks.. iain Likes his Luton

oh yeagh.. supporters club... open to all but you have to be in seats nowerdays as all segregated.... after game anyone from any part of ground can go in... but pre game only main stand dwellers
Old 30-08-2006, 23:35   #4
Junior Member+

I bumped into a lad in Ossy Co-op a couple of seasons ago, think he worked on the Roads, he were a big lad, wore a Luton hat. Saw him a couple of times but only to wave too.Blimey a couple more and we could have a supporters Club, nah, we wouldnt all get in the ground, Lutons that is ;-)
AccyHat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2006, 14:02   #5
God Member

yes, you do have to pay to get in the bar..15 pounds at that!!!!! price includes free access to the main stand during the game and seat if you`re lucky.
pipinfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2006, 14:03   #6
God Member

oh yeagh.. supporters club... open to all but you have to be in seats nowerdays as all segregated.... after game anyone from any part of ground can go in... but pre game only main stand dwellers [/quote]

sorry, only joking...couldn`t resist.

cart on...........................
pipinfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2006, 16:06   #7

Thanks, and good luck to you this season aswell

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..