Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2012, 19:50   #16
God Member

Re: A visitor from Brazil...

There used to be the Hotel De Ultra, but I am not sure if it is still taking guest?????????????

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-02-2012, 20:05   #17
Full Member+

travelodge.co.uk or premierinn.com in burnley or blackburn for less than £40 per room. would need to travel to them after the game but less than 7 miles to either.
Old 02-02-2012, 20:31   #18
God Member

Unfortunately The Norwood, which is right across the road from the ground, appeaers to be booked up for that night but Maple Lodge is showing a room available. Showing at £40 but if you save anything by booking out of town you'll spend more than the saving on taxi's (travellodge would be about £10 each way). If you reasonably healthy then its about a 10/15 minute to the ground but its only 2 roads so you cant get lost.
Old 03-02-2012, 12:07   #19
Full Member+

You might try the Colney House Hotel, 2 Hartmann Street, Accrington BB5 1TB, Tel. 01254 234385. Think the e-mail is [email protected] Despite its name, it's actually a bed and breakfast place. Prices for rooms vary depending on whether you want an en-suite bathroom. It's the place I stay when I'm up in Accrington and I can recommend the breakfast! The ground is quite a walk but a taxi is only about £4. I pay £40 for a large room with an en-suite bathroom but there are cheaper rooms, singles if you want one.
teach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 20:52   #20
Senior Member+

Pilkington's Guest House is 2 minutes ( or less) fromthe railway station. Cheap and cheerful A good breakfast. Tel 01254 237032 Taxi office across the road. I have stayed.

I have noticed adverts for The Alma pub at Baxenden taking guests, but it is a taxi ride out of town 01254 390424

Across the road from Pilkington's is The Imperial pub. I think they take guests too.
01254 396506. Cheap & cheerful.

I agree with the comments on Colney House. 01254 234385
Bob Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 21:25   #21
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Imperial Hotel is closing Bob,so i was told, Don't know when.
Old 08-02-2012, 17:52   #22

Thanks a lot for all the tips, guys, I'll consider all of them before making my decision.

The problem is I think I won't be able to watch a home match - the only home fixture during my stay in England is in the same day of Liverpool vs Arsenal, a game I already got a ticket for. So what I'm thinking to do is: going to the away game on Feb 21 against Crewe, then head to Accrington the next morning to visit the club and the city (stay for 2 days).

What do you guys think of the idea? Is the club open for visits during the week? Would I manage to meet some of you?
Old 08-02-2012, 18:09   #23
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Dobson View Post
Pilkington's Guest House is 2 minutes ( or less) fromthe railway station. Cheap and cheerful A good breakfast. Tel 01254 237032 Taxi office across the road. I have stayed.
And so have I. It was awful. No heating in the room. Breakfast was two slices of stale brown bread. No-one about to complain to in the morning - I had to pay up front the previous evening. This was about 7 years ago - it may have improved!
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 19:24   #24
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diego View Post
Thanks a lot for all the tips, guys, I'll consider all of them before making my decision.

The problem is I think I won't be able to watch a home match - the only home fixture during my stay in England is in the same day of Liverpool vs Arsenal, a game I already got a ticket for. So what I'm thinking to do is: going to the away game on Feb 21 against Crewe, then head to Accrington the next morning to visit the club and the city (stay for 2 days).

What do you guys think of the idea? Is the club open for visits during the week? Would I manage to meet some of you?
I would think that there will always be somebody at the club to show you around, as for the Crewe game............ Not the same as a home game!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 07:08   #25
Full Member+

Wait and see what happens this weekend, there may be a rescheduled game on a Tuesday night - always a good atmosphere and the team often play their best under lights...
Old 10-02-2012, 15:50   #26
God Member

Quote:

The problem is I think I won't be able to watch a home match - the only home fixture during my stay in England is in the same day of Liverpool vs Arsenal, a game I already got a ticket for.

So what I'm thinking to do is: going to the away game on Feb 21 against Crewe, then head to Accrington the next morning to visit the club and the city (stay for 2 days).

Diego I was at Anfield on Monday night for the Spurs game and noticed in the programme that the Gunners game has been moved to a 12.45 pm kick-off (which is Saturday 03rd March). Also may be worth keeping your eye on the Stanley website as the Lancs Cup game against Wigan may be on while you are about?

As Valarian has said I am sure if you contact the Club they would be more than willing to show you around and you can pick up some souvenirs from the Shop whilst there.

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 12:31   #27
Senior Member+

maple lodge on Blackburn Road Clayton le Moors. Less than a mile from the ground. They have a website. Dont know it but you can google it .
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 12:33   #28
Senior Member+

website is The Maple Lodge - Guest House, Clayton le Moors, Accrington The owners are Philip and Sandra
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 10:22   #29
Senior Member+

Quote:

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
Some weeks ago, Dan from the club promised to make contact with you. Why am I suprised that he has not done so?
Bob Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2012, 19:18   #30

How do I get Stanley tickets for away matches? I'd prefer to be with Stanley fans than the home side, and I think I'll have to accept that I'll only be able to attend away games (I'm thinking Crewe and maybe Swindon Town as well)

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..