Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-01-2005, 10:13   #1

accies reject offer for rorry

no dowt about it if rory went we would miss him more than any outher player in my opinion
Old 13-01-2005, 10:35   #2
Senior Member+

Re: accies reject offer for rorry

Hope he doesn't go.........
Smiffy16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2005, 11:02   #3

Especially not to a shower like Bristol Rovers...
Fatso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2005, 11:07   #4
Full Member+

And we don't need to sell to balance our books, so on Saturday let's show Rory how much we want him to stay
Whalley Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2005, 11:17   #5
God Member

Everyone sells if the offer is right.

5 figure sum . Didn't we pay 15k for him from Bradford PA

I would be worried that if they really want him and up the offer. he may decide to go. It's a job to him no matter how much you sing his name. lets not forget. if he went to Bristol they would sing his name there as well so whats the difference to him.

Conference football or league football and better wages.

I am worried about this situation as playoff place goes out the window without rory IMHO
Old 13-01-2005, 11:19   #6

Red face Re: accies reject offer for rorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by maidstoneaccy
no dowt about it if rory went we would miss him more than any outher player in my opinion
It will be interesting to see the outcome of this!

For Rory this is a tremendous opportunity to play at a level at which he fully deserves (IMHO) and secondly to gauge the clubs intentions!
Old 13-01-2005, 11:43   #7
Resting in Peace

Unhappy Re: accies reject offer for rorry

Absolutely spot on, Maidstone Accy. Without Rory no pace, no width, no crosses. If he wants to go he has to go, but I would hold out for much more than a paltry £15,000, bearing in mind the level we brought him from.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2005, 11:48   #8
God Member

Rory won't go to Bristol, why should he when he has a very real chance to play in League Two with Stanley (a club he loves playing for) in the not too distant future. The club can't afford to sell him as we saw when he came back from injury and made a terrific impact almost straight away.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2005, 11:55   #9
Senior Member+

I have to say, if Rory wants to chance his arm with a club in the League, then that is his decision, and Accy fans should respect that. Put yourself in his place, if you were offered a job with a rival company and offered a substantial rise, surely you would go even if your employees wanted you to stay. Anyhow, all this is academical at this time as the club have turned down the offer. IF Bristol do up the ante, then we have to listen to the sound commercial sense of the the management and driectors of the club and to the player himself, however much he and we may think about Accrington Stanley. One player does not a club make and others could fill in for him. Craney and McEvil for instance.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2005, 12:06   #10

not saying he shouldnt go if it suited him just saying we would realy miss himas we did when he was injurd
Old 13-01-2005, 13:43   #11

Hey everyone,

I'm a Bristol Rovers fan and was just wondering if you could say what sort of player he is, his strengths, weaknesses, style of play etc. Anything else you want to add.

I am extremely surprised that we have offered cash to be honest as we are meant to have very little money at the moment, not even enough to pay the wages of a loan signing and here we are offering a transfer fee, strange!

Anyway! Thanks to anyone that replies and all the best for the rest of the season!
RichardGas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2005, 13:50   #12
Senior Member+

He is the best left winger in this league and above, fast, tricky, centres the ball every time, and can score goals.. we do not want to lose him.........

Rory don't go they are skint
simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2005, 13:53   #13
Senior Member+

Its not Rory's decision though as he has a two year contract at Stanley & if he performs well, as a free agent he will be able to get more wages.

How old is he? If he is under 23 next year then he can't leave for free though!

Please don't go!

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2005, 14:09   #14

I hope nothing comes of this.

Perhaps a rendition of "Please Don't Go" on Saturday?
Mik Griff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2005, 14:58   #15
Senior Member+

The Roar is 25 and loves playing for Stanley.I think he has come back stronger than ever after his op and the Club would be shooting themselves in the foot if they were to let him go now.As stated in an earlier post he still has a year on his contract and though he would love to play in a higher league I think his priority is to see the Reds back in League football.I would be very surprised to see him go at this juncture.
I don't think anyone who has seen him play in the last 5/6 matches will be surprised by this offer;it was only a matter of time after Sky showed all those corners at Halifax!
I

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..