Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-01-2005, 13:03   #1
God Member

Accrington Carnival

Last accy carnival the official supporters club had a float and stand.. it was a roaring success even though it was done at the last minute with me organising the float and steve (Henry Morton) organising the stall at even shorter notice...... I do hope there having one this year as well. I am sure it will be as succesfull..

However theres only so much you can put on a large float.. Would a joint effort between the OSC and ULTRAS be a good idea... It would show that the two can go hand in hand and there is not split... I am sure many people are like me in backing both 100%. I am a Official Supporters Club member and always will be.

Why not make it a joint effort.

Last edited by KIPAX; 11-01-2005 at 13:04.
KIPAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-01-2005, 13:09   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Accrington Carnival

This was discussed last night Kipax and your good idea is how it looks it will happen

Joint effort for all stanley fans....
simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 13:12   #3
God Member

I was in London and only got back at midnight. Admittidley I ahvent been to many meetings of late. Some people can't get to any.. I have never liked this secrecy business and was even told NOT to put to much info on the website from meetings..

Tell us some more of whats going on then ? ta
Old 11-01-2005, 13:19   #4
Senior Member+

Very early stages of setting up yet.. but looks like 1 float OASSC and ULTRAS contributions, 2 stalls 1 OASSC 1 ULTRAS. people letting council know of intentions.

Talk about having a fundraising night with entertainment(singer) food etc.

Discussed ULTRAS Playstation night to come soon

Will tell more as I remember........Promise
simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 13:31   #5

Float to be possibly on conference theme as suggested by graham charnley.

Les of Express Haulage was asked after last carnival if he was willing to let us have wagon again he agreed,there and then

Ultra's where asked if they would help with it.
Bottletop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 16:10   #6

if this is the sort of info that gets on the oassc website when it is up and running then i will willingly join as i will feel as though im getting the info intime to arange things so from time to time i can come up and join in some of these events,i,e carnival when is it?
Old 11-01-2005, 20:50   #7
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by maidstoneaccy
if this is the sort of info that gets on the oassc website when it is up and running then i will willingly join as i will feel as though im getting the info intime to arange things so from time to time i can come up and join in some of these events,i,e carnival when is it?
That is one of the important services which the site will provide, maidstone. We want new Members from all over the country (and the world, for that matter) but we must be able to give them the information and opportunities which local Members enjoy - as far as that is possible.

As Kipax says, it had been planned that we'd be online by now, but, due to a combination of my indisposition during December and one or two legal matters to be 100% sure of, we're a little behind schedule. Julie has done all the important work and she's waiting for us to get on with it !

P.S. Carnival is June 18th. It takes place every two years.

Last edited by Henry Morton; 11-01-2005 at 20:51.
Henry Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 22:15   #8

cheers henry looking forward to seeing it up and running, as im a long way away all information is graetfully recieved
Old 15-01-2005, 19:05   #9
Junior Member+

An Application Form for Carnival Stalls has been sent to Steve Baker of OASSC.

Please could someone email me with a contact name and Address for the Ultras so that I can send a form for them.

Rob Pullinger
Field Organiser
Accrington Carnival 2005

Last edited by rpullinger; 15-01-2005 at 19:14.
rpullinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2005, 08:09   #10
Senior Member+

can we have peter on the front handing out fake £10 notes?

just a thought

loweiy

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..