Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2014, 21:41   #1
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Accrington reject Naismith bid

Accrington Stanley have rejected a bid from League Two rivals Bury for forward Kal Naismith.

Naismith has established himself as a key player at Accrington since his arrival from Rangers last summer.
The 22-year-old scored 10 goals last season and his potential has not gone unnoticed among rival clubs.
Bury firmed up their interest with a bid which has been flatly rejected by Accrington.
Accrington boss James Beattie confirmed they had rejected Bury's offer for Naismith and that he hoped to keep the player at the Crown Ground.
"The chairman informed me that Bury did make a bid for Kal, but we rejected it as it was nowhere near our valuation of Kal," Beattie told Sky Sports
"Kal is a valued member of my team and he fits in well with his team-mates.
"He is a very talented player and we don't want to lose him and certainly not at the figures mentioned by Bury."
Old 11-08-2014, 21:46   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Accrington reject Naismith bid

Good for Beatts that he turned what probably was a crap offer down.

smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 22:02   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Nice one J.B. i wonder if the bid or sounding out of the player was before sats match? cos he was very off key i thought.
Old 12-08-2014, 07:23   #4
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Nice one J.B. i wonder if the bid or sounding out of the player was before sats match? cos he was very off key i thought.
The thought of a move to a massive club put him off ya reckon ?
Old 12-08-2014, 07:44   #5
God Member

Kal is hit & miss a lot of the time but in pre-season looked like he'd become more of a team player, then on Saturday he was definitely not at the races - having said for the first time in god knows how long we've been able to keep the majority of our squad together from last season & we don't need that unsettling now
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 19:13   #6
I am Banned

Weren't bury close to extinction not long ago, where are they getting the money from
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 19:59   #7
Senior Member+

Kal taken off at half time and replaced by Atkinson, does that mean good bye Kal
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 20:51   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by st06nc2 View Post
Weren't bury close to extinction not long ago, where are they getting the money from
That's what a lot of people are wondering - including some of their own fans
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 21:07   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by st06nc2 View Post
They were bought out back end of last year.
Old 12-08-2014, 21:23   #10
Senior Member+

Sell him, he is to inconsistent
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 21:31   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
If they sell him they should wait until 31st August. You just know if he went before he would have a blinder on the 30th
Grimps likes this.
Old 12-08-2014, 22:06   #12
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Well tonight at Leeds there second was down to him n he had another poor first half, as far as i'm concerned if Bury offer n extra black pudding i'd snap there hands off. The second half without him, rhino played up n we bossed the half, the big lad came into the game much more n will be a real asset when match fit. imho.
smobile likes this.
Old 12-08-2014, 22:15   #13

Too inconsistent since he came, and at the moment he looks like he's playing to get away.

Thought Big lad had a couple of decent bits of play 2nd half, but difficult to judge any forward coming in against opposition like Leeds especially with the crap service they get. Left back looks promising. Nobody knows where the keeper is going to kick it, Windass only contributes from dead balls and even they were poor tonight.

We looked much better with 3 at the back 2nd half and an extra man in midfield.

We need a keeper
We need a centre midfield player (or 2?)
We need a wide player (or 2?)
FrankMoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 22:22   #14
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Should have had a stone cold penalty at 0-0 after 15 mins, disagree about Windass frank, he had a good run n goal effort first half.
Old 12-08-2014, 22:24   #15
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
It is tempting to agree with you DAVo. After watching him in the pre-season games before LAST season it was obvious to see that he needed to get his head up and be aware of his team mates positioning, and I posted words to that effect on here. Nothing has changed since then. In tonight's game it seems that within minutes of coming on the pitch, Hatfield had got to the by-line and laid a goal on a plate for James Gray. That couldn't have happened with Kal, as he 100% comes inside from the wing and more often than not runs into trouble. I can't believe that JB is unaware of this flaw in his play and has not impressed on him the necessity of changing it. He obviously has bags of potential, but if this huge flaw in his game is not rectified then he's not worth persevering with whilst we have less gifted but more effective players on the bench.
cashman and smobile like this.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..