Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2011, 20:11   #1
God Member

Accrington Stanley Supporters Club

The Supporters Club has undergone slight changes this season, which hopefully have added more appeal & benefits to members; in for example memberships were made available from the Stanley Store either in person or via the Retail Website meaning in essence being able to reach more people on a worldwide scale with the help of Lew.

Membership Cards were made truly unique & personal with their sponsorship by Dave & Mel of Giftprint which enabled them to be personalised with member’s names actually on the cards.

We have where possible had people from ASFC coming along to the meetings and they have been able to give us valuable insights into the workings of the Club as well as people being able to hear first hand ideas and hopefully it has helped encouraged interchange & dialogue from us as supporters as well.

Monthly newsletter to members direct to their inbox once again with the help of Lew.

We would like to continue to grow and encourage people more people to join whilst hopefully being able to bring mutual benefits to both Supporters & Club, with that in mind via this forum which is probably the easiest to access and collate information from for people to perhaps put their ideas of what they would like to see from the Supporters Club.

A few ideas to kick-start it:
Would you like to see more benefits from a membership card scheme maybe discounts?
More interaction with the Club?
Fans Forums?
More Events in the Lounge?
Perhaps an Actual Fan’s Liaison Officer with the Club?
Fundraising for the Club?
Forge closer links with the FITC to encourage families & children to come along to the Club?

I am not saying we can do everything and there will be some things we can’t do but at least if we have a criteria or agenda we have something to aim and aspire to as a group and something that will perhaps encourage people to join and also want to become involved in.

Also what do people feel is a reasonable membership fee for 12 months membership of the Supporters Club?

In the past it has become norm for a Membership Badge to be given with their membership would a break from tradition matter to people e.g. if nothing other than a membership card was given to reduce membership costs or would you prefer something like a key ring instead?

It is your Supporters Club and you should have a say of how you want to see & shape the Supporters Club going forward.

The next Supporters Club meeting is on Monday 10th January starting at 7pm in the Lounge at the Club, Everyone is welcome

Thanks
Neil

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-01-2011, 20:56   #2
Super Moderator

Re: Accrington Stanley Supporters Club

Neil.

As always SUPERB

Will be on hand to open up as normal
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 21:17   #3
God Member

thanks for posting Neil and hopefully forum members (particularly the lesser known ones?) might come forth and offer their views and opinions to help the Supporters Club to keep moving forwards.

Froim the list you have put on the thing that springs instantly to mind is 'more events in the lounge'. It is undoubtedly a major source of lost revenue and is perhaps something that the Supporters Club could look to have a hand in solving. For my mind though the problem is not with the events themselves, or the frequency thereof, but with the club itself. How can this be fixed? I haven't been to many games recently (homewise at least) but when I have done I have avoided the bar for various reasons, and I'm not alone in that. I remember though that back when the bar was busy there seemed to be much more of a 'togetherness' between club and fan.

Mel, if this turns more into a debate on the bar please feel free to move the post to allow the thread to remain on track.
Old 06-01-2011, 21:50   #4
Full Member+

That reminds me, I never got my membership card
Old 07-01-2011, 05:11   #5
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatgaz182 View Post
That reminds me, I never got my membership card
PM sent

SFFS
Old 07-01-2011, 05:23   #6
God Member

Rob your right in the post with the Lounge

It is as proved with the Race Night a great facility and possibly an undervalued one for both Supporters & Club?

On matchday we always tend to nip into the Lounge for a drink prior to the game, in one sense as a meeting place & perhaps from my point of view putting money directly into the Club.

It does tend to get busy in there which is good but there is always the balance of the bar punters & the match hospitality side of things

Part of that is resolved in terms of privacy for the hospitality side of things with the screening off of that area, I must also add the food I have seen served looks superb.

Maybe just a little more balance is needed in terms of seating in the bar area and there is also the attraction of the big screen if there is a game on sky prior to the match.

Events wise is a tough one in again attracting punters particulary on a non match-day, I have no idea how that can be made better, maybe I suppose that has to be like a snowball effect if events become regular then it attracts customers and word of mouth helps spread it?

SFFS
Old 07-01-2011, 09:33   #7
God Member

I would be quite happy not to receive a badge. The membership card is , as you Poms say, "Mint".
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..