Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-02-2008, 12:53   #1

Accy Fan Needed & Away End...

Afternoon Guys

First of all, have to say that I agree with Jim Gannon's comments.

I won a competition a couple of months ago, and the prize was to go on the gantry and commentate on the game. The game was against you guys and I saw the game in a different light up there, very strong side and I thought if you had taken one of your chances when we were 1-0 up then it could have been a very different story.

Secondly, the away end. Accrington wont' send the tickets (but we've had £ problems recently so maybe something to do with that). They have given us 2000, I don't know where that is but it was full last year and that was only 1400 wasn't it?

Thirdly, I run a site (I've been on here before and explained - hence why I'm already a member).

Would an Accrington fan be able to answer these questions below for me, and I'll publish them on the site with thanks and your name! (Stockport County Football Club News.).

You can either e-mail me or PM me when you've done them, and they will be on by this evening!

Here are the questions.
How has your season gone so far?

What's your recent form like then?

Who have been your best players this season?

Who will be missing on Saturday that would normally feature?

Accrington have made Saturday pay on the gate, but last season County sold out the away end. Any idea why this is, what would be the reaction of the Accrington fans if there were County fans in the Accy end?

What were your expectations at the beginning of the season and are they still the same now or have they changed?

Where should County fans drink before the game on Saturday?

Prediction?

StockportJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-02-2008, 13:01   #2

Re: Accy Fan Needed & Away End...

Of course to e-mail me you'd need me e-mail address. [email protected]
Old 21-02-2008, 13:28   #3
God Member

wont tell you till after the game think were going to tell you things just before a gamenot falling for that one you could prob drink in the crown or oaklea dont know whats organised..
Old 21-02-2008, 14:32   #4
God Member

my understanding is that you have been given all the Cow Shed down one long side so that gives you the extra 600 spaces
Old 21-02-2008, 14:39   #5
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
my understanding is that you have been given all the Cow Shed down one long side so that gives you the extra 600 spaces
Hows that supposed to work being that we are supposed to have segregation, hence the gate in the middle of the cow shed. Unless they are taking into account a large number of disabled fans, I don't see how we could have 2000 from County

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2008, 14:43   #6
Senior Member+

Well im guessing that the gate will be moved in the middle for the stockport fans but i dont know about the segregation between the cowshed and the clayton end terrace :S ?

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2008, 14:53   #7
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by fc:stanley View Post
Well im guessing that the gate will be moved in the middle for the stockport fans but i dont know about the segregation between the cowshed and the clayton end terrace :S ?
Erect temporary barriers.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2008, 15:08   #8
Senior Member+

I filled this in last season and never even received an acknowledgment. I won't be doing this one.
Old 21-02-2008, 15:19   #9
Senior Member+

I don't thinlk the football league or lancs county council would allow temporary barriers although I can think of a couple of times they were used in the conference. The other possibility is of course that the clayton end and whinney hill terrace are being given to away fans, which would be about right numbers wise and the coppice end is gonna be occupied by home fans. Which I'm sure would go down well with everyone!!!!
sparkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2008, 15:31   #10
Senior Member+

Im not moving out of the clayton end for some away fans! They can ****** off!

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2008, 15:32   #11

I have answers now, so don't waste your time doing it!

Thanks to John, if you have already started answering them I will put them on the site anyway!

Tin Monkey, I'm sorry if I ignored you last season. Seriously, I usually put more than one on and its very rare that I get more than two sets of answers! Sincere apologies.
Old 21-02-2008, 15:50   #12
God Member

whats this with scarf my father wore should,nt it be someting else
Old 21-02-2008, 17:22   #13
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkie View Post
The other possibility is of course that the clayton end and whinney hill terrace are being given to away fans,

if this was to happen I would imagine it will be the last time a crowd will be seen on the Clayton terrace.
Old 21-02-2008, 20:43   #14
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
if this was to happen I would imagine it will be the last time a crowd will be seen on the Clayton terrace.
Can you Imagen what would happen if we were in the away end and it began to RAIN!! we waited long enough for a roof for a better atmosphere and to keep dry now the away fans are getting it! would be quite fun if it happen tho

The Harder The Conflict, The More Glorious The Triumph

MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2008, 22:44   #15
God Member

the option of putting away fans on the coppice and clayton end was mentioned, I got wound up about it and contacted the club and was assured that there is no way the clayton or should I say the sophia khan terrace would be given to the away fans.

below is part of the reply I received

we wouldn’t let away supporters under our shiny new roof! the sophia khan terrace is the home end :-)

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..