Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-02-2011, 17:44   #31

Re: Accy player set to join Bury on loan

Hope its Turner. The young lad has more skill and genuine ability than regulars in the team but doesnt seem to fit in with Colemans plans. An old fashioned winger with a great cross on him. Cant see it being Terry, cant let our strongest striker go.
new red is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-02-2011, 20:37   #32
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Red Blooded View Post
I hope it is Chris; the lad has done nothing wrong to be dropped from the side and his talent and potential is being lost every game he remains sat on the bench. Best of luck to him if it's him, I hope you give him the chance and playing time he deserves.
I can't think of a single aspect of McConville's game that Turner couldn't more than match if given a fair chance. And don't tell me that Sean is a goalscorer. With the superb prompting our midfielders provide I think I could have scored as many goals as him this season, especially bearing in mind the match time he's enjoyed.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2011, 20:49   #33
God Member

Chris has what excites us as crowd at Stanley as New Red says an "old fashioned" winger with the ability to drop the shoulder skin the full back and ping in the crosses.

More still he is a local lad who has come through the system and done it the hard way after being released by Burnley.

In one sense I hope it isn't as I would like him to get a chance in the Red & White but on the other hand he deserves a chance of first team football and if that comes elsewhere then Good Luck Chris.

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2011, 21:52   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendle Red View Post
Chris has what excites us as crowd at Stanley as New Red says an "old fashioned" winger with the ability to drop the shoulder skin the full back and ping in the crosses.

More still he is a local lad who has come through the system and done it the hard way after being released by Burnley.

In one sense I hope it isn't as I would like him to get a chance in the Red & White but on the other hand he deserves a chance of first team football and if that comes elsewhere then Good Luck Chris.
Nail on the head... He is not a SCOUSER though.......If he goes to Bury, he probably won't come back..Good move for the lad if it comes off.
Larry Lobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2011, 21:55   #35
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Lobster View Post
Nail on the head... He is not a SCOUSER though.......If he goes to Bury, he probably won't come back..Good move for the lad if it comes off.
If it is Turner? i reckon yeh could be right larry, i fer 1 would be sad to see him go.
Old 21-02-2011, 12:01   #36
Senior Member+

Have to agree with shakermaker,Chris is a good player,but doesnt fit in the team shape which has been adopted, ie 2 holding players and 3 interchanging midfielders.
Unsure he could adapt to this roll,as hes an out and out winger,and these type of players are better with the ball,but tend to switch off when the opposition have it.
To progress his career he needs to play in a 4-4-2 really,and i cant see acci changing
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2011, 13:43   #37
God Member

last season we couldn't really see the Reds changing from 4-4-2!
Old 22-02-2011, 12:34   #38
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
last season we couldn't really see the Reds changing from 4-4-2!
Last season we had more than 1 striker!!

Any more on this or is it just speculation??
Old 22-02-2011, 16:39   #39
pud

I am pretty sure Knill will be at the game tonight if not someone from Bury will be as we play Crewe on Sat. We are definitely in the market to try and strengthen Knilly has indicated he always wants to bring in young players so if that means turner or any other player we will have to wait and see. Hope you sort out your finances properly and also good luck tonight! make sure your players kick lumps out of crewe! lol (only joking)
pud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2011, 16:43   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by pud View Post
make sure your players kick lumps out of crewe! lol (only joking)
Ironic coming from a team with Sodje in dont you think. Never forgave that elbow on Mullin during the Huddersfield game!!

Seriously if it is DJ, then good luck to the lad. Deserves games if only for his loyalty for ASFC when it's a fact bigger clubs were sniffing him.
Old 23-02-2011, 11:42   #41
Full Member+

Wonder if it could be Bateson? Coley doesn't seem to want to play him for some reason.
teach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2011, 13:07   #42
God Member

i always think it strange when a player being loaned out goes to a club higher up the league! Alan Navarro?
Old 23-02-2011, 13:35   #43
Senior Member+

Be very suprised if it was Jon Bateson,was talking to his dad at a recent match and there was a few teams interested in taking him on loan,but cant recall Bury being mentioned.
He needs to be playing football on a regular basis and is far too good of a player to be playing resis football
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2011, 13:42   #44

Didn't John Miles go out on loan to MK Dons
Long time red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2011, 16:25   #45
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Long time red View Post
Didn't John Miles go out on loan to MK Dons
Indeed he did when the proclaimed "Guvnor" was their manager after he had previously been his boss at Macc.

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..