Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2005, 15:22   #16
God Member

Re: Accystan.co.uk

Quote:
the two games went into the game
Go on then... You dont need a spell checker to fix errors like that... Its called PROOF READING

If you havent got time to run a website then .......
Old 07-02-2005, 15:24   #17
I am Banned

...then it'll be left with nothing on it at all like it was before i took over!
accystankev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 15:25   #18
Super Moderator

I'm presuming that they do actually have a passing familiarity with the English language, so they will only have to look up a few words that they have difficulty with? If they are so sub-literate that they have to look up every single word, then, as Cafu01 says, their time would be better spent in taking extra tuition.
Wynonie Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 15:30   #19
Super Moderator

So what are you saying, Kev - anything's better than nothing? If you want to be a journalist, then show a modicum of professionalism and proofcheck your copy!
Wynonie Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 15:33   #20
Senior Member+

If you dont have time for it then im sure other people would be able to run the site. You asked for our views are we are telling you
Cafu01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 15:40   #21
God Member

I think it would be better if a stanley fan ran. Too many bunley/stanley and stanley/burnley fans for my taste.. its unatural
Old 07-02-2005, 15:46   #22
Senior Member+

well said Kipax, im sure a die hard stanley fan would take up the opportuniy to run the site............... are you voluntearing Kipax
Old 07-02-2005, 15:48   #23
I am Banned

mmm not on being arguementative when really u did ask for opinions to your site, i do think in my opinion that there seems to be a lot of 'right hand not knowing what left hand is doing n blame the other', whether it being good or constructive critism that used be used to benefit n correct your site for maximum user enjoyment n depends whom your basing your website on - what user do u want to attract?? whom are u aiming your site at??? what can your site do for others or its benefits to your customer base?? how can your site be different n unique than other sites???

What i've seen of it like i said i could get better at the offical ASFC site n u need to be different than that site, like u have squad details, match updates etc ...well u can get the latest from that site n whats the point when ASFC have their own anyway if its gonna come off officious. Are u a ASFC fanzine type site??? - thats the thing i dont get your angle?

Does that help
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 15:52   #24
God Member

cafuo1 - . why me? why not you?... i merely pointed somehting out...

thin ice fearon.... very thin ice...
Old 07-02-2005, 15:55   #25
God Member

accystanmac : correct whats the point of replicating when people would prefer the info from the horses mouth.... Why not go for the fanzine angle... thats a good call... but will they take note?
Old 07-02-2005, 15:58   #26
Senior Member+

I dont have time to run the site or i would apply to be a moderator for it.
Old 07-02-2005, 16:03   #27
I am Banned

Whoo cheers Kipax aye when i want to find out about the club i go direct n cut the middle man out more chances of getting the right facts plus it steps too much on the toes of ASFC's own webby which i do like its getting better than it was b4. Im not sure what the post originator is angling at n i dont think he's too sure either lol . I think he is better going for a more fanzine web type rather than it is now n i suggest he does some market research on what prospective fans want to see n his needs to be original with his ideas, simple things as layout/design needs careful consideration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIPAX
accystanmac : correct whats the point of replicating when people would prefer the info from the horses mouth.... Why not go for the fanzine angle... thats a good call... but will they take note?
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 16:49   #28
God Member

Ok thanks again for you ideas, before i start please may i make sure that you all know iam not a burnley fan in any form or shape (ok then maybe the bad grammer) but i have never been to watch them play. i started getting intrested in stanley a few years back and since then i have hardly ever missed a home game, yes i do not attend the away games as much as i would like to but iam getting myself a evenings and sunday job therefore i will be able to afford this.
Secondly to the comment about spending more time studying i am at college 9-5 everyday (More than most college students) and surley the only way to improve is to practise i am doing this on the site but obviously some people cannot cope with some bad grammer and spelling mistakes but i normally copy all of my articles into word to spell check them. the grammer needs to be improved i hold my hands up SORRY

For the idea of a more fanzine style site i think this maybe the way forward i will talk to kev about it and we will research some other similar sites. the thing is wiht this is that most people who surport stanley do not like anything said about the club that hasent come from the horses mouth. It may be a case of losing some hits for the site to pick up others, who would be in favour of a more fanzine style site?

Also why would kipax take control of the site he has enough on his plate with his own site and other commitments.

Once again cheers for the ideas and comments they are all welcomed

Thanks john
John_Timmins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 17:55   #29
Senior Member+

i was joking about saying if kipax was voluntearing
Old 07-02-2005, 19:23   #30
I am Banned

so what do you mean in a fanzine site? dont quit understand! Any examples. Thanks anyway!
accystankev is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..