Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-01-2007, 17:09   #1
God Member

Alan Rogers

Thanks, but no thanks.
Had a decent game & distributed well but we can not afford stupidity in our squad - had he made contact with the player he could have broken both of his legs.
Idiot.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-01-2007, 17:13   #2

Re: Alan Rogers

Good performance. Used his experience and helped organise the defence.
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2007, 17:14   #3
God Member

...because our defence was brilliantly organised today
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2007, 17:17   #4
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamF View Post
Good performance. Used his experience and helped organise the defence.

organised them from a back four into a back three?

organised them into a sloppy defenders error for goal no 1 and a goalkeeping error for goal number 2?

Sorry I'm with Shakermaker on this.

He won't get the sack for it and probably neither should he, but the tackle was horrendous and I didn't see enough quality in him to overshadow that stupidity. Hopefully he will miss a couple more than the three match ban and come back to be a hero for us in the run-in. If he doesn't then he wont be here next season.
Old 13-01-2007, 17:18   #5
Senior Member+

I thought he looked ok today, although the sending off was fully justified.

He's not the only player to jump in two footed and continue to play for the club. Richardson has done a few and been sent off for the two footed lunge.
Old 13-01-2007, 17:22   #6

Just in.... Coley's been in touch with the football league saying he's made a mistake - he thought he was signing Luke Rogers
Paper Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2007, 17:22   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
organised them from a back four into a back three?

organised them into a sloppy defenders error for goal no 1 and a goalkeeping error for goal number 2?

Sorry I'm with Shakermaker on this.

He won't get the sack for it and probably neither should he, but the tackle was horrendous and I didn't see enough quality in him to overshadow that stupidity. Hopefully he will miss a couple more than the three match ban and come back to be a hero for us in the run-in. If he doesn't then he wont be here next season.
Clean sheet for over 70 minutes. The two goals were fluke errors. Yes he deserved the red but he played well until he went off.
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2007, 17:23   #8
God Member

the tackle was extremely violent and no need i n that position (on the wing/half way line just in their half for those that weren't there). But it was the afters that did him for me. You shouldn't be squaring up to people on your debut let alone swinging.
Old 13-01-2007, 17:24   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamF View Post
Clean sheet for over 70 minutes. .

if we are counting that way then was it not 93 minutes? only excluding the two separate minutes they scored in. Hell fire Liverpool kept a clean sheet for 84 minutes when they got tubbed of Arsenal t'other night
Old 13-01-2007, 17:27   #10
God Member

today was the worst ive seen us play this season . if nitts county werent as bad as they were we would have got absolutey slaughtered. we are going down sorry for stating the obvious bar from a miracle the defence is a shambles we need a defence coach cause coley and jimmy bell were forwards and havent have a clue how to organise a defence our left handside is non existant as usual .its ok trying fancy passes in midfield we gave the ball away to much and when you do that it costs you i didnt see any plus points today bar from macclesfield losing if i was coley i would dock the players and my own wages as he was tactily inept today what a f******g shambles juast not good enough
cmonstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2007, 17:37   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
today was the worst ive seen us play this season . if nitts county werent as bad as they were we would have got absolutey slaughtered. we are going down sorry for stating the obvious bar from a miracle the defence is a shambles we need a defence coach cause coley and jimmy bell were forwards and havent have a clue how to organise a defence our left handside is non existant as usual .its ok trying fancy passes in midfield we gave the ball away to much and when you do that it costs you i didnt see any plus points today bar from macclesfield losing if i was coley i would dock the players and my own wages as he was tactily inept today what a f******g shambles juast not good enough
we were IMMENCE today. Alright we conceded two goals but straight after the kick-off we were straight on the attack again. We just need a natural FIT finisher and at the moment we dont have one ... except McGivern but obviously hes buggared for this season

And btw we ARE NOT GOING DOWN .. we have LOADS of injuries and when they're all back which they will be soon then we will be on fire..

And if coley and jimmy dont know what their doing in defence then why are we in the football league and have had 3 championships in about 5 or 6 years..??

Last edited by stan-er-ley; 13-01-2007 at 17:42.
stan-er-ley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2007, 17:39   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan-er-ley View Post
we were IMMENCE today. Alright we conceded two goals but straight after the kick-off we were straight on the attack again. We just need a natural FIT finisher and at the moment we dont have one ... except McGivern but obviously hes buggared for this season

And btw we ARE NOT GOING DOWN .. we have LOADS of injuries and when they're all back which they will be soon then we will be on fire..
again

what game was you watching, stanley were CRAP
neilhaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2007, 17:49   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilhaj View Post
again

what game was you watching, stanley were CRAP
One minute ...... what game were YOU watching ....

first half : BRILLIANT
Second Half : GOOD

How does that some up to ' being the worst performance ever ' and being ' crap ' ..??
Old 13-01-2007, 17:52   #14
Senior Member+

Apart from routine work, what did the Notts County 'keeper have to do today? Nothing!! He made no 'saves' all afternoon. How can that be brilliant?
Old 13-01-2007, 17:54   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
Apart from routine work, what did the Notts County 'keeper have to do today? Nothing!! He made no 'saves' all afternoon. How can that be brilliant?
Well the question is how can being all over notts county and keeping them quiet except for two silly mistakes not be brilliant.??

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..