Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-12-2004, 22:09   #1
Senior Member+

Alsager Town 1 Stanley 5

Team: Alcock, Howarth, Williams, Halford, Butler (Bell 48), Brannon, Craney, Cook, Prendergast, Wozniak, McEvilly (Coleman 75)

Scorers: McEvilly 2, 7, 25, 51, Halford 55. Alsager 56.

Good performance from Stanley against an Alsager side that kept going until the end. Danny played well in goal and was unlucky to be beaten after getting a hand to the shot. Rory is well on his way back to form and should have scored just before half time but set up Evil a couple of times. Good to see Hacker poaching at corners again with a well-aimed headed goal. Craney had a shot tipped over late on. Chris Butler had a good first half but limped off after taking a knock early in the second half; he doesn't think it will stop him playing on Saturday. Wozniak looked good, some nice touches, quick, but maybe didn't have the opportunity to show himself at his best.
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-12-2004, 22:13   #2

Re: Alsager Town 1 Stanley 5

cheers for that mick but i still didnt see the piont in the game surley a reserves game could have been used instead to test wozniak

And is that THE JIMMY BELL that played if so how did he play
Old 14-12-2004, 22:29   #3
Senior Member+

Apparently Stanley asked Alsager for a game. As well as giving Pav a game it was useful match practice for Rory and Hacker who are both coming back into the side.

Jimmy Bell played on the right, with Paul Cook slipping back to cover for Chris. Played well and can still turn on the speed. Pleased to see Coley on for the last quarter of an hour as well.
Old 15-12-2004, 02:47   #4
I am Banned

Wonderful report, thanks Mike.
Henry Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2004, 12:45   #5

Thumbs up Re: Alsager Town 1 Stanley 5

Yeah cheers Mike, greatly appreciated

Jimbo T blower

Born and Bred in Accrington - You cant BUY class

"We invented the big time now we're back in the big time" ( Loweiy circa 2006 )

AND THATS WHERE WE'RE STAYIN!!!!
Jimbo T Hornblower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2004, 14:51   #6
Senior Member+

The big question is did Pavel Wozniak deserve a contract on this showing. Surely another midfield come attacker would not go astray. Good report though

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2004, 15:47   #7
I am Banned

coley played too!

the point of a first team friendly was so if he does get a contract hed already have experience with first team? just a thought
accystankev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2004, 16:21   #8

Somewhat strange that on the same night that your Reserves played Morecambe Reserves including 9 players with first team experience, you guys decide to play a friendly.

I would have thought that it would have been better to play a 'footballing' team who you know WILL play soccer rather than a team of lesser ability.

Reserves score was 5-2 to Morecambe.
Christies Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2004, 21:08   #9
Senior Member+

Good point, CC, but I would guess that Coley had already set the wheels in motion to play at Alsager before it became apparent that you were fielding an experienced side.
Old 16-12-2004, 01:08   #10
I am Banned

Yes, CC

A very good point indeed, as Mike says.

My own opinion is that Stanley Reserves have not been treated with the respect which they deserve for a very long time now.

Other agendas have supplanted this institution.

A bit like Tony Blair's attitude toward Parliament.

Keep by-passing it , and people will forget it ever existed.

I'd like Accrington Stanley Reserves to be re-instated to their rightful position in the Club's plans, and I'd like the Reserves' Manager to be treated with the respect which he deserves.

Just my personal opinion, you understand.
Henry Morton is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..