Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2005, 17:11   #1
Senior Member+

Alty Today

I thought they were better than Southport and we played pretty poorly. However, we still created enough chances to win the game with ease and it's nice to see us do the double of the Alty.

The referee was very poor I thought, although Band had to go off after his disgusting outburst (I was stood right in front of it). He did use his arm to control the ball too.

Nice gap opening up between us and Exeter in 3rd (4 points) and Morecambe in 4th (9 points). Excellent results today.

Match report now on the official site.
Old 03-12-2005, 17:18   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Alty Today

Wasn't the best performance but we came through and got a well earned 3 points. Gary Roberts, absolutely fantastic! I loved Boco little piece or skill in the second half where he rounded the alty player, top class. Well we're top of the league once again, with canvey beating exeter and morecambe getting beat, a very good day! On stanley on.....:engsmil:
Old 03-12-2005, 18:10   #3
Resting in Peace

Smile Re: Alty Today

It wasn't too comfortable towards the finish as Alty had a few chances to sneak a draw which they didn't really deserve on the balance of play . We were stong all over the park and played some great driving football, though with Paul Mullin not excercising his usual influence we struggled to make Alty pay for some desperate ( and often illegal) defending. Should have been 5 or 6 goals with a bit more luck but still a thoroughly entertaining game in front of a poor crowd.
My heart bleeds for Coley, who rightfully would have expected a much bigger gate, although the usual excuses will be trotted out - Christmas shopping, lousy weather, no roof, blah blah blah. Still, those who turned up know that this is the best team we have had in recent years by a mile, and there is no reason why we shouldn't stay where we are in the table tonight. Good debut for the new keeper, by the way, except for his dead ball kicking, which needs improving.
On Stanley on!
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005, 18:11   #4

Wink Re: Alty Today

WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE SAY WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE!!!!

Thanks for the report so quickly TM - prediction league on its way too. Job done and another clean sheet - 3 in a row!! Robbie Elliot we love you already!! Just a shame Craney didnt bag one. Thanks for the 6 points Alty - see you in the league when youre good enough! Bye bye then...

Jimbo T blower

Born and Bred in Accrington - You cant BUY class

"We invented the big time now we're back in the big time" ( Loweiy circa 2006 )

AND THATS WHERE WE'RE STAYIN!!!!
Jimbo T Hornblower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005, 18:45   #5
Senior Member+

Class pic here Cheers Mr K.

Thought we did well today just lacked the finishing, thought roberts was cass as usual and mangan great when he came on, thought mullin struggled because everytime he went for the ball he was either fouled or conceded a daft foul, ref was poor but not the worst, just hope alty do the job for us thuesday night!

Lee
AccyStanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005, 18:49   #6
Senior Member+

Got to say Alty did their best to kick lumps out of our team today, maddox with an elbow which incensed roberts. Fantastic Craney flag, well done again Jase, you may say elliot's dead ball kicking was a bit dodgy but his throwing didn't half make up for it! Absolutely amazing, we we're in the alty third in a matter of seconds thanks to his long pin-point throws. Fingers crossed Craney's injury isn't to bad, he was subbed, i think it was something to do with his shoulder

Top Of The League :engsmil: I also happen to think morecambe red won't be online tonight

Last edited by zayno14; 03-12-2005 at 18:52.
zayno14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005, 19:00   #7

Alty - a team of cheats and thugs who came for a point (thankfully their forwards couldn't hit a barn door standing in front of it) and left, deservedly, with nothing. I'm afraid Grays will take them apart for five or six!
qualtrough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 02:13   #8
I am Banned

It's not often that I disagree with the Tin Monkey, who has an unmatched view of most proceedings at the IES. However, I was very close to the Band incident and I believe that the Altrincham player was hard done by. The ball hit him at the join of his chest and shoulder, with a bit more chest than shoulder being involved. The linesman/assistant referee was much too heavily influenced by our vociferous fans in the adjacent seats ; he paused, then waved his flag vigorously. Band was , understandably , furious. Unfortunately he then unleashed a vituperative stream at the liner (TM was closer than I was and heard the unpleasant details) so he had to be booked at the very least, and - as we know - he walked.
Fortunately this regrettable incident had no significant bearing on the result, but it's a shame that the Altrincham player was provoked by such a bad decision.
Henry Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 08:58   #9

Quite right....Morecambe Red will not be on-line ....YET....but well done anyway!

Sets things up nicely for our next game...at home to Grays.

Could this be the only time that Accy fans collectively want a Morecambe win?
Christies Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 11:35   #10

Henry,
The ball didn't hit the defender. The defender controlled the ball with his arm. It ws nearer the elbow than the shoulder. I was also very near the incident.
LeeVarender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 19:29   #11

CC.....We'll win the title without your help. I hope Grays beat you and expose Kempson for the cheat he is!
qualtrough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 20:26   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by qualtrough
CC.....We'll win the title without your help. I hope Grays beat you and expose Kempson for the cheat he is!
I think that's a little uncalled for

Best Drummer in the land
7/4/2007
The Day The Ultras Formed The Cowshed Choir
Diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 20:59   #13
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Morton
It's not often that I disagree with the Tin Monkey, who has an unmatched view of most proceedings at the IES. However, I was very close to the Band incident and I believe that the Altrincham player was hard done by. The ball hit him at the join of his chest and shoulder, with a bit more chest than shoulder being involved.
I don't mind you disagreeing with me Henry, as long as you don't make a habit of it.

From my position it definitely looked as though Band controlled the ball with his upper arm, but whatever the decision, you just can't get away with screaming abuse in the face of an official and he had to go.
Old 04-12-2005, 21:00   #14
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel
I think that's a little uncalled for
What exactly has Kempson done to provoke this 'hatred'? When he played for us he was a young lad who give us good service. Now he is at another club. So what?
Old 04-12-2005, 21:34   #15
Full Member+

It relates to the incident with McEvilly last year which saw the Evil one retaliate and get sent off.
Whalley Red is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..