Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-03-2012, 09:58   #1

Andy Procter

Is there any chance you could take Andy back please? In 20 years of being a season ticket holder, this lad ranks as one of the worst players I've seen wear the shirt.

No pace, no skill, can't pass, can't tackle, can't score. A truly abysmal player.

I'm absolutely gobsmacked at how terrible he is. It's almost beyond comprehension.

Any idea how much we paid you for him?
North Ender is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-03-2012, 10:10   #2
God Member

Exclamation Re: Andy Procter

What ever you paid, it was a snip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Proccy is awesome, you just cannot see it!!!!!!!!!

You were poor before Proc came, you have a scumbag for a manager, please look closer to home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Doctor Procters Football Medicine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" "Andy Procter waks on water -nananananananana.......(in a Norwegian accent!! )

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2012, 10:27   #3
God Member

Re: Andy Procter

What he said!

p.s. any news on exactly when Weasley's sacking will happen - I'd like a front row seat
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2012, 10:28   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
What ever you paid, it was a snip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Proccy is awesome, you just cannot see it!!!!!!!!!

You were poor before Proc came, you have a scumbag for a manager, please look closer to home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Doctor Procters Football Medicine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" "Andy Procter waks on water -nananananananana.......(in a Norwegian accent!! )

Westley is garbage, I agree 100% there. We were also very poor before Procter arrived, so I also agree there.

That being said, it does not disguise the fact that Andy is a shocking footballer. I can only assume that something has gone badly wrong with him since he left Accy. He can't have been this bad for you.
Old 28-03-2012, 10:30   #5

Read this if you want PNE fans view on Procter:

Andy Procter
Old 28-03-2012, 10:32   #6
God Member

If Proccy lacked anything in skills, he more than made up for that by giving 120% effort every game for Stanley & I can't imagine he's do anything less whoever he is playing for - if that's not good enough for you then yes, send him back home please
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2012, 10:43   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
If Proccy lacked anything in skills, he more than made up for that by giving 120% effort every game for Stanley & I can't imagine he's do anything less whoever he is playing for - if that's not good enough for you then yes, send him back home please

He gives 100% every week. No disputing that. However.....that simply isn't good enough. It doesn't compensate for his lack of ability. Hopefully Westley will be potted and Andy will be free to come home. Best case scenario all round.
Old 28-03-2012, 12:57   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Ender View Post
He gives 100% every week. No disputing that. However.....that simply isn't good enough. It doesn't compensate for his lack of ability. Hopefully Westley will be potted and Andy will be free to come home. Best case scenario all round.
Hahahaha oh my, concur blame lies with Westley who thought he was so good for league 1, can't blame the player tho I do like proccy his level is really league 2 max (leaving the bias opinion out of it hehe) no good asking us to have him back when Westley clearly sees he walks on water

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2012, 13:10   #9

I'd have him back any day....I was gutted the day he left....he played a good game and got stuck in for Stanley!
Dazzagee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2012, 14:16   #10
God Member

please start the petition Mr North Ender and send him back, our arms are open and ready for him.

Proccy had his doubters even here but most saw the fact that he was a heart on the sleeve type of player who definitely had a part to play for us. His biggest strength is covering ground and limiting the space that the opposition midfield have to play in - I suspect that against the better League 1 players that isn't good enough as they are more than capable of finding the yard of space that makes 10 yards.

Nobody begrudged him his move and a chance to better himself, and I doubt anybody would begrudge him a starting spot on saturday. We'll waive the balance of the transfer fee and call it a loan payment what you've already spent
maccawozzagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2012, 14:32   #11

Would have him back in a heartbeat, but if he does leave North End, then I think we all know the SPOT he is favourite to LAND on next.
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2012, 14:36   #12

Lets see what happens at Summer... Its going to be interesting what Coleman and Westley do in the Transfer Window...
Dazzagee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2012, 14:41   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazzagee View Post
Lets see what happens at Summer... Its going to be interesting what Coleman and Westley do in the Transfer Window...
With any luck Westley will be selling windows by the summer
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2012, 16:23   #14
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazzagee View Post
That is the one thing I fear cherry picking particularly if players are out of contract

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2012, 18:27   #15
God Member

Andy Procter is the hardest working player I've ever seen. His fans and detractors both gain their respective opinions through the attribute that defines him as a player - his work rate.
On many occasions he was a dynamo for us; spurring his team on to great performances with box-to-box drives. When the team is playing poorly he'll try to drag up a result from nowhere, chasing down lost causes while the rest of the team has admitted defeat. This attracts attention to his performance and ends up with heavy criticism (the term 'headless chicken' has been used with flippant idiocy in recent past).
With the right instructions, a player like Procter would be an asset in any team. From what I've seen of North End, the instructions given to the team are misguided at best.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..