Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-05-2007, 20:30   #1
God Member

Andy Proctor

Planning for the future - and Cav having not yet confirmed his renewed contract, would you contemplate Proccy as captain of this team (or whats left of it)?

Coley has gone on record as to how impressed he has been with him towards the end of the season, he always tends to play, his discipline record has improved a heck of a lot and he is a local lad.

Its well known that captaining your team tends to get that extra 10% out of some players, and I think Proccy is one of them sorts. Give the guy the armband if CAV DOESN'T STAY and let Mully groom him in how to be the total professional and face of the club.
Old 17-05-2007, 20:35   #2
God Member

Re: Andy Proctor

It would be Roy of the Rovers stuff wouldn't it!

For me, we'd be in real trouble if Cav left, obviously others have their opinions on him & that's for a different thread, but should he leave I think it would be sensible for Mullin to be captain with Proctor as vice, then pass the captaincy on to Andy when the big man retires.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2007, 21:18   #3
Junior Member+

Re: Andy Proctor

Good point Macca I agree local lad but also I think a captain in midfield operates like a general and can have big influences on other's around him + also on outcome of matches can become the managers voice and influence that crosses the white line and put's it on the pitch.
Porky is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..