Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2007, 19:34   #1

Andy Todd

How do you think Andy Todd will be received when he returns.

I will clap him before the game and treat him with respect after the game, as I thought he was an excellent servant to the club.

The way some supporters have taunted/abused some of our former players leaves me feeling embarrased.

Most notably Rory at home and Evil at Wrexham. What was their crime, the wish to play at a higher level and earn more money.

How many of the muppets who gave them stick would not want to earn more than they do at present.

Evil gave value for money in his first two spells at the club while Rory is the best winger we have had under Coley.
swinny123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-11-2007, 19:55   #2

Re: Andy Todd

I for one will give him a good reception, like you say he was a good servant of the club and he was a well liked lad, i cant see why that would have changed just because he now plays for another club, i hope the fans do give him a good reception and a rendition of,
Andy Andy Todd
Andy Andy Todd
He gets the ball
and scores a goal
Andy Andy Todd

But only after the match of course as we dont want him to actually score a goal, well it would be ok if we were 3-0 and 2 mins to go.
Old 09-11-2007, 21:05   #3
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by swinny123 View Post
How do you think Andy Todd will be received when he returns.

I will clap him before the game and treat him with respect after the game, as I thought he was an excellent servant to the club.

The way some supporters have taunted/abused some of our former players leaves me feeling embarrased.

Most notably Rory at home and Evil at Wrexham. What was their crime, the wish to play at a higher level and earn more money.

How many of the muppets who gave them stick would not want to earn more than they do at present.

Evil gave value for money in his first two spells at the club while Rory is the best winger we have had under Coley.
Gary Roberts for me

Wheres Gary now? wheres Rory now?
Old 09-11-2007, 21:07   #4
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldy View Post
Gary Roberts for me

Wheres Gary now? wheres Rory now?
Gary's at Ipswich & Rory is at Blackpool last i heard

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 08:41   #5
Senior Member+

Rory's at Rochdale
Old 10-11-2007, 08:54   #6

The reason Rory gets stick is because of his celebration when Halifax scored against us one. While all the other players mobbed the scorer, Rory deliberatey did a "Klinssmann" in front of the Stanley fans.

As for Evil, nobody can forgive what he did to the Stanley fans at Wrexham, giving us the V's when they scored.

Andy on the other hand is a good lad, who gave his all every time he pulled on the red shirt, therefore he will get a good reception. IMHO.
Old 10-11-2007, 09:07   #7
Senior Member+

Andy Todd is a model professional and must have been a dream to manage.

He and Mullers must have been the first names on the team sheet and he gave his all in every match. He was obviously proud to wear the shirt.

I hope he gets the great reception he so richly deserves.

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 11:36   #8
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Somehow I can't Toddy doing a Klinsman in front of the Stanley fans and following it up with a couple of v-signs just for good measure, Andy Todd, top guy and a professional.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 16:26   #9
Senior Member+

he should get a heroes reception after what he did last season
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2007, 12:43   #10

Somehow you wont see Todd scoring at all. The biggest disapointment for us Millers this season. He dropped out of the squad altogether recently then just regained his place on the subs bench!

Not sure how he managed to score 11 for you guys last year. Doesnt look like getting a goal. Was his fitness also extremely poor for you. He seems tired after 60 mins!!!!!
tivoliend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2007, 14:01   #11
Accy Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by tivoliend View Post
Somehow you wont see Todd scoring at all. The biggest disapointment for us Millers this season. He dropped out of the squad altogether recently then just regained his place on the subs bench!

Not sure how he managed to score 11 for you guys last year. Doesnt look like getting a goal. Was his fitness also extremely poor for you. He seems tired after 60 mins!!!!!
Can we have him back? Toddy would run for the whole 90 mins even when the cause was lost, is he carrying an injury because it doesn't sound like the Andy Todd we know.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Old 13-11-2007, 14:39   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tivoliend View Post

Are we talking about the same player? Certainly doesn't sound like the Toddy we knew & loved, I for one was gutted when he decided to leave Stanley. Maybe he's not a happy bunny for some reason - but if you'd like to return him I don't think any of our fans would object - if you like we could do a swap for a certain player we have by the name of McEvilly
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2007, 20:37   #13
Senior Member+

I thought he looked tired towards the end of his stint at Milton Keynes.

Otherwise he was a never give up 90 minute player. Remember his late goal at home to Boston.

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Old 14-11-2007, 19:50   #14
Senior Member+

Toddy was interviewed at some length on Radio Sheffield in advance of the weekend game. I emailed them at the weekend to make sure they made something of the connection.

Seems to think we'll be formidable at FES but based his statement on our finish to last season.

If any one wants to listen its on the repeat of tonight's Football Heaven phone in about 36 minutes in. The link is:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/mainf...heffield.shtml

Appeared doubtful if he'd play any part in the weekend game with Rotherham having turned successfully to 4-3-3.

Old 14-11-2007, 20:27   #15
Accy Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis316 View Post
Appeared doubtful if he'd play any part in the weekend game with Rotherham having turned successfully to 4-3-3.
So it's a case of hero to zero, as they say.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..