Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-09-2007, 13:46   #1

Anyone play FIFA 08? or want some free games

Whether your a pro evo fan or a FIFA nut? It's worth checking out, I used to love this time of year when I worked for GAME, loads of people asking what each game is like and which one is my favourite, happy days..

So the club this year have teamed up with EA sports and GAME to offer you supporters a chance to win some free copies of FIFA 08, It's launched on Friday 28th, like it says on the official site, we have Boco tipping up to sign some copies of the game for a bit of fun, might be worth abit more when you come to trade it in for something else?

So if you want to win some free stuff, he will be there 2pm to 4pm Friday. Why not take your kids in after school to get something signed?

Jon is the man to contact at the store on Broadway, call in or ring him on 01254 351830.
LewCarroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-09-2007, 17:09   #2

Re: Anyone play FIFA 08? or want some free games

Won't be able to get there in time Don't finish col until 3.50 and getting back from blackburn takes about half an hour that time of day, the comps going on all day or just the 2-4 ?
<script type="text/javascript">function __RP_Callback_Helper(str, strCallbackEvent, splitSize, func){var event = null;if (strCallbackEvent){event = document.createEvent('Events');event.initEvent(str CallbackEvent, true, true);**if (str && str.length > 0){var splitList = str.split('|');var strCompare = str;if (splitList.length == splitSize)strCompare = splitList[splitSize-1];var pluginList = document.plugins;for (var count = 0; count < pluginList.length; count++){var sSrc = '';if (pluginList[count] && pluginList[count].src)sSrc = pluginList[count].src;if (strCompare.length >= sSrc.length){if (strCompare.indexOf(sSrc) != -1){func(str, count, pluginList, splitList);break;********if (strCallbackEvent)document.body.dispatchEvent(even t);**function __RP_Coord_Callback(str){var func = function(str, index, pluginList, splitList){pluginList[index].__RP_Coord_Callback = str;pluginList[index].__RP_Coord_Callback_Left = splitList[0];pluginList[index].__RP_Coord_Callback_Top = splitList[1];pluginList[index].__RP_Coord_Callback_Right = splitList[2];pluginList[index].__RP_Coord_Callback_Bottom = splitList[3];**;__RP_Callback_Helper(str, 'rp-JavaScript-coord-callback', 5, func);**function __RP_Url_Callback(str){var func = function(str, index, pluginList, splitList){pluginList[index].__RP_Url_Callback = str;pluginList[index].__RP_Url_Callback_Vid = splitList[0];pluginList[index].__RP_Url_Callback_Parent = splitList[1];**;__RP_Callback_Helper(str, 'rp-JavaScript-url-callback', 3, func);**function __RP_TotalBytes_Callback(str){var func = function(str, index, pluginList, splitList){pluginList[index].__RP_TotalBytes_Callback = str;pluginList[index].__RP_TotalBytes_Callback_Bytes = splitList[0];**;__RP_Callback_Helper(str, null, 2, func);**function __RP_Connection_Callback(str){var func = function(str, index, pluginList, splitList){pluginList[index].__RP_Connection_Callback = str;pluginList[index].__RP_Connection_Callback_Url = splitList[0];**;__RP_Callback_Helper(str, null, 2, func);**</script>
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2007, 17:32   #3
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by LewCarroll View Post
So if you want to win some free stuff, he will be there 2pm to 4pm Friday. Why not take your kids in after school to get something signed?
Bit of bad timing there, most schools dont finish till after 315pm, so could either be a mad rush or a few might miss out.

How is the free stuff won? Draw? Competition?
Old 24-09-2007, 18:41   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***Mr D*** View Post
Bit of bad timing there, most schools dont finish till after 315pm, so could either be a mad rush or a few might miss out.

How is the free stuff won? Draw? Competition?

Yup 3-5 would be much more logical.

<script type="text/javascript">function __RP_Callback_Helper(str, strCallbackEvent, splitSize, func){var event = null;if (strCallbackEvent){event = document.createEvent('Events');event.initEvent(str CallbackEvent, true, true);**if (str && str.length > 0){var splitList = str.split('|');var strCompare = str;if (splitList.length == splitSize)strCompare = splitList[splitSize-1];var pluginList = document.plugins;for (var count = 0; count < pluginList.length; count++){var sSrc = '';if (pluginList[count] && pluginList[count].src)sSrc = pluginList[count].src;if (strCompare.length >= sSrc.length){if (strCompare.indexOf(sSrc) != -1){func(str, count, pluginList, splitList);break;********if (strCallbackEvent)document.body.dispatchEvent(even t);**function __RP_Coord_Callback(str){var func = function(str, index, pluginList, splitList){pluginList[index].__RP_Coord_Callback = str;pluginList[index].__RP_Coord_Callback_Left = splitList[0];pluginList[index].__RP_Coord_Callback_Top = splitList[1];pluginList[index].__RP_Coord_Callback_Right = splitList[2];pluginList[index].__RP_Coord_Callback_Bottom = splitList[3];**;__RP_Callback_Helper(str, 'rp-JavaScript-coord-callback', 5, func);**function __RP_Url_Callback(str){var func = function(str, index, pluginList, splitList){pluginList[index].__RP_Url_Callback = str;pluginList[index].__RP_Url_Callback_Vid = splitList[0];pluginList[index].__RP_Url_Callback_Parent = splitList[1];**;__RP_Callback_Helper(str, 'rp-JavaScript-url-callback', 3, func);**function __RP_TotalBytes_Callback(str){var func = function(str, index, pluginList, splitList){pluginList[index].__RP_TotalBytes_Callback = str;pluginList[index].__RP_TotalBytes_Callback_Bytes = splitList[0];**;__RP_Callback_Helper(str, null, 2, func);**function __RP_Connection_Callback(str){var func = function(str, index, pluginList, splitList){pluginList[index].__RP_Connection_Callback = str;pluginList[index].__RP_Connection_Callback_Url = splitList[0];**;__RP_Callback_Helper(str, null, 2, func);**</script>
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2007, 22:44   #5

how are these free draws enterd? do we have to stay there all day?
Old 25-09-2007, 10:38   #6

Yeah, only time we could make it happen chaps, any questions about the prizes needs to go to the store just give Jon a ring on 01254 351830, he will be more than happy to explain,
Old 25-09-2007, 11:34   #7

Smile Re: Anyone play FIFA 08? or want some free games

If anyone does play FIFA08, I'd love to know how seeing as it isnt out until the 28th!

Will be downloading it as soon as its available...

Jimbo T blower

Born and Bred in Accrington - You cant BUY class

"We invented the big time now we're back in the big time" ( Loweiy circa 2006 )

AND THATS WHERE WE'RE STAYIN!!!!

Last edited by Jimbo T Hornblower; 25-09-2007 at 11:36.
Jimbo T Hornblower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2007, 16:13   #8

I mentioned in the original post it's out on the 28th... Obviously don't agree with downloading as a cheaper alternative, I just used to trade my old games in when I was finished with em, that way I was saving pocket and keeping people in jobs. Could always take it back if you don't like it. Gotta be worth it to have the legend that is Boco on it. Think of the novelty jimbo.
Old 25-09-2007, 16:17   #9
God Member

Quote:
Think of the novelty jimbo.
I suspect he is thinking more about the bus fare to town from where he lives
Old 25-09-2007, 16:26   #10
Senior Member+

Quote:
I mentioned in the original post it's out on the 28th... Obviously don't agree with downloading as a cheaper alternative, I just used to trade my old games in when I was finished with em, that way I was saving pocket and keeping people in jobs. Could always take it back if you don't like it. Gotta be worth it to have the legend that is Boco on it. Think of the novelty jimbo.
Downloading a Game, I would presume from EA Link, I dont think works out cheaper, just an easier process if you cant get to a store.

Price you get on a Game trade in, is Scandalous.
Old 25-09-2007, 16:50   #11

Smile Re: Anyone play FIFA 08? or want some free games

Quote:
I know you mentioned in the original post its out Friday but the title of the subject is what I was referring to

Not knockin this launch thing at all (which is the impression you gave me in your reply - think its great, just poor times which youve already explained cant be helped) but like Doug said, it might be a bit hard for me to get to Game this Friday afternoon Hope all goes well on Friday though...

EA link err yes thats the one (Would have thought the smileys in my previous post would have given somethin away)

Jimbo T blower

Born and Bred in Accrington - You cant BUY class

"We invented the big time now we're back in the big time" ( Loweiy circa 2006 )

AND THATS WHERE WE'RE STAYIN!!!!
Jimbo T Hornblower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2007, 16:54   #12
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo T Hornblower View Post
EA link err yes thats the one (Would have thought the smileys in my previous post would have given somethin away)

Jimbo T blower
Though you would be using it.
Old 26-09-2007, 16:31   #13

Nah dont worry was only light hearted, forgot me smileys, will see if mr boco can stay a bit longer, don't forget the store is open till 5:30 on friday, If you call the store they can get a copy signed for you in advance I'm sure. Or anything signed really if you want. You could nip down then. Been in today and the set up looks good, looks like it should be a good event.So everyone is welcome.

Just spoke to Jon down there at the store, he says that there is a secondary draw for more prizes over the weekend too, so if you cant get down on the friday but pick up the game over the weekend you will get a raffle ticket and may still win some prizes.. winner
Old 01-10-2007, 18:45   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***Mr D*** View Post
Downloading a Game, I would presume from EA Link, I dont think works out cheaper, just an easier process if you cant get to a store.

Price you get on a Game trade in, is Scandalous.
Can't say I'd ever trade in a game at anywhere like Game - I'd just stick it on Ebay, and probably get somewhat more for it. Whatever price you'd get for it at Game would probably be about half what you'd get on ebay - remember they have to add their profit margin on to the top.

Mind you the price they charge for second hand games - they had second hand copies of Zelda for the Wii for £34.99; I got mine brand new from Play for £29.99.

And getting back to the game itself; did no-one playtest it? Do they not know when teams wear an away kit...? I was playing as Stanley at home against Milton Keynes - their away kit is Red, so what kit did they get put in...? Yup. Red. Two red teams on the pitch can make it somewhat tricky to make out which team is which... You'd think after making these games for so many years they'd have ironed out niggles like this.

Ash

http://www.unlimitedricepudding.com/
Fatso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 15:10   #15
Senior Member+

can you not change the kits you can do on every other game
Nickelson is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..