Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-10-2007, 16:09   #151
God Member

Re: Barnet Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendle Red View Post
If you can get Radio lancs ont tinternet the draw is on live
Nah...but thanks
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-10-2007, 16:13   #152
Senior Member+

Huddersfield at home - they will not fancy that one for sure

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2007, 16:17   #153
God Member

Brilliant result - and at long last I got a prediction right - woohoo
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2007, 17:07   #154

I went 1-1 on here but went for 2-2 at the bookies as it was 14-1 and 1-1 was only 5-1, but seeing as i only put a couple of quid on, it wont be drinks all round i`m afraid.
Old 27-10-2007, 19:30   #155
Super Moderator

Got back about half an hour ago from following the afternoon's proceedings in the Crown and I must say things have looked up since last time I went. The lad behind the bar seemed actually interested in Stanley's fortunes. And there were about half a dozen fans in eagerly watching the TV screens. Good pies too!
Old 27-10-2007, 23:41   #156
Full Member+

back from the game. wasn't a classic by any means. if we'd have had their chances in the first half the game would have been over. but barnet suffered from woeful (often awful) finishing.
Barnet had seemingly done their homework. stanley failed to build up any sustained pressure and weren't commiting men forward on the breaks. the 3-5-2 was largely ineffective as barnet quickly closed down our players in the midfield. but late in the half a glimpse of stanley promise with the best of three chances in as many minutes being when roscoe rounded the keeper, hitting the post from a tightish angle.
second half started brghtly with stanley starting to get to the second ball. barnet lad looked lucky not to go for the challenge that gave craneys free kick (you knew it was in the moment he struck it) but then branch pressed the self destruct button. he appeared to make mistake after mistake and the rest of the defence followed suit. (although bavs had a good game) At 2-1 down we switched to 4-4-2 and though neither sub made much impact, barnet didnt deal with this formation well and the goal was always coming, with stanley looking the likeliest side to nick it at the end.
a draw was a fair result, the officials were not good, but favoured neither team. think if we look more carefully at the opposition before deciding on formation we'd be winning these sort of games. no one stood out as outstanding, jay harris possibly mom for me
Old 28-10-2007, 08:05   #157
Dan
Senior Member+

Just to clear a few things up for those listening to the coverage yesterday...

At Underhill there were no ISDN points available and no phonelines whatsoever - one of the reasons why the text commentaries etc were very erratic and the fundamental reason why we couldn't get a line with any longevity.

Using only a mobile phone SIM card and an adaptor into our usual kit we did our very best to give you everything we could. And I can only apologise if the line quality degraded or dropped altogether too often.

As I said, we can only work with what is at the ground.

Anyway, great game, cracking point and plenty of talking points.

The Dutch look like a huge jar of marmalade.”
- Barry Davies

“After a goalless first half, the score at half time is 0-0.”
- Brian Moore
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2007, 08:16   #158
Senior Member+

Match Report:

Barnet 2-2 Accrington Stanley - Football News | SPORTBOX.tv - Nothing Inside But Sport

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2007, 08:21   #159
God Member

I think a point judging by the commentary was a good point!
At least it continues the unbeaten run and keeps us in touch with the play offs

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2007, 12:16   #160
God Member

i would have took this at the beginning of the season so a top result .if this form continues we have a danger of becoming a mid-table club

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..