Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-04-2011, 16:54   #121
God Member

Re: Barnet Thread

was good to see Liam get a few minutes as well.
Old 30-04-2011, 16:54   #122
Resting in Peace

What a day on the Clayton End! Said to my part time supporter mate at half time, who was moaning about a poor first half, that I didn't mind how we played as long as we won. Good old Jimmy, must have put another million on his transfer value today. Alex Cisak, though, was absolutely immense. How he caught all those high balls through a melee of six foot plus gorillas was awesome. I can't speak just now with a raw throat, but I've just opened the first of a few Speckled Hens in celebration. Touring the north of Scotland next week so will miss the Burton game, but I'll be back just in time for the first play off game the night before. Could be covering the whole length of the Uk in two days if it's Torquay!!
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2011, 17:18   #123
God Member

A magnificent achievement considering the year the club has had! Well done to all.

We did look very nervous fir most of the first half, bit seemed to kick on in the second. A deserved victory in the end. The Clayton end looked and sounded superb.

Still have work to do, but I still believe :-)

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2011, 17:19   #124
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

conditions wi that wind didn't make things any easier, plus was always gonna be a tough un, Barnet needed a win fer obvious reasons, fair play to em heads never dropped, wish em well next sat, small club summat like ours, prefer Lincoln to drop they were real crap.
Old 30-04-2011, 17:21   #125
Senior Member+

Aggregate scores over the home and away league fixtures this season:

Stanley 1 Torquay 0
Stanley 3 Stevenage 2
Stanley 8 Gillingham 7 !!

I believe
Old 30-04-2011, 17:22   #126
Senior Member+

I too have just got back from a very happy football club, both management, players and fans. So we cannot finish higher than 5th but cannot finish lower than 5th, which means I believe our play off first leg is on the Sunday followed by a Friday evening home match before were off to Old Trafford.
Who cares about the game today, Yes Jimmy and Alex had excellent games, but for me the praise should be the whole team for holding their nerve and beating a team of all in wrestlers. Poor referee today, let some fouls go and blew for non existent fouls, could not work him out. But as I say, who cares, we are there - relaxing game against Burton followed by the frenetic semi-final and final to get to League One. Like the way the Ultras were all singing 'we're all off to Deepdale' and don't I hope so. BELIEVE and it will happen

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2011, 17:31   #127
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Thought Joe Jacobsen was superb today, also Long when he came on. its gonna brass me right off going to old trafford, but suppose i'll manage it.
Old 30-04-2011, 18:17   #128
Full Member+

Not a great game. Wind played its part and Barnet were scrapping for their lives plus several of our players didn't turn up today. Thankfully the effervescent Ryan did. Great game Jimmy and well deserved MOM from new shirt sponsors. Proccy put in great effort today and Jacobsen and Cisak also had good game. Into the playoffs, Yahoo. How much is walk on price ?
Reamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2011, 18:51   #129
Senior Member+

Morecambe got a fair old stuffing today by port vale 7-2

Happy Birthday Dan .
david1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2011, 18:54   #130
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
was good to see Liam get a few minutes as well.
yep as the Burton game don't matter the same, as we will finish 5th whatever the result, would be nice to see a few fringe players like Liam,Turner,Parkinson.Putterill,etc get a start n give some of the lads who got us here a rest before the play-offs.
Old 30-04-2011, 19:05   #131

congratulations red men, given everything that has gone on this season this was nothing short of heroic.
caretaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2011, 19:11   #132
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman
Thought Joe Jacobsen was superb today,
Got to agree with that. I thought today's MOM was a 3 way tie between Jacobsen, Cisak and Ryan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman
its gonna brass me right off going to old trafford, but suppose i'll manage it.
If I can't get the time off work I'll lend you my MUFC membership card if you want.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2011, 19:31   #133
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Thought Joe Jacobsen was superb today, also Long when he came on. its gonna brass me right off going to old trafford, but suppose i'll manage it.
I think Joe Jacobsen has been consistently good all season.
Bernard Dawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2011, 19:31   #134

Cracking result terrible game - due to the wind.

Jimmy's first was a brilliant goal

Bought the new shirt before the game - first time I've bought one in the last 3-4 years and if we keep grinding results like that it's not coming off :P

Edit:

Forgot to mention Cisak who was immense today as well as Joe Jacobson who is pure quality. Promotion or not those two need to be signed on to wear the red next season.
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2011, 19:40   #135
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
'we're all off to Deepdale'
...........and Bramall Lane and Hillsborough and The Valley.

Well done to Stanley's players and management producing such a brilliant performances and high levels of consistency over the last two seasons despite all they have had to endure and to the loyal fans.

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..