Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-04-2013, 16:06   #1
Senior Member+

Barrow

Relegated today.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-04-2013, 19:04   #2
God Member

Re: Barrow

as Del boy would say, Bonjour.
maccawozzagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2013, 09:10   #3
Resting in Peace

has this guy got a fixation with relegation or what
DAV007 likes this.
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2013, 11:10   #4
Full Member+

Seeing as i've only been watching Stanley since the FA Cup win over Huddersfield in 2003,i know little of our rivalry with Barrow. How come a club who are 41 miles away(as the crow flies) have their relegation celebrated by some Stanley fans?
winstanley asfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2013, 11:18   #5
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Burnley n Blackburn are only 6/7 mile apart as crow flys, Yet both sets of fans would celebrate if the other went down, Its football.
Old 14-04-2013, 11:32   #6

your right winstanley, they should grow up,
ddevil2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2013, 11:34   #7
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddevil2006 View Post
He never said that, he asked a question, you should learn to read.
Old 14-04-2013, 11:37   #8
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddevil2006 View Post
I'm not having a go at them for their views on Barrow ddevil, i'm just curious as to how the rivalry came about. I've heard of some trouble up there once between our fans and theirs, maybe someone could enlighten me?
winstanley asfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2013, 12:08   #9

Comes down to their vile interbred fanbase really. The fact that theoretically they will be playing Chorley next season instead of Luton fills me with joy.

Barrow fans said we wouldn't last long in the Conference.....they were right.

Let's not mention as the crow flies. I like to think of it as 86 miles of lovely asphalt separating us instead.

Last edited by Alvin the chipmunk; 14-04-2013 at 12:11.
Alvin the chipmunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2013, 12:27   #10
God Member

10 men went to war, went to with Barrow sort of gives you a clue I just wish there had been that many!

season upon season we seemed to only ever play them on a tuesday night when we were sparse with fans, and season upon season there seemed to be some sort of disorder from there fans. Horrible, horrible place and I sincerely hope I never have to go again for a competitive game.
maccawozzagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2013, 12:39   #11
God Member

Stockport only dropped out of the league 2 years ago and look like they could be joining Barrow. Given there's a local connection I'm dissapointed for Barrow but won't feel the same for Stockport
Old 14-04-2013, 14:40   #12
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
10 men went to war, went to with Barrow sort of gives you a clue I just wish there had been that many!

season upon season we seemed to only ever play them on a tuesday night when we were sparse with fans, and season upon season there seemed to be some sort of disorder from there fans. Horrible, horrible place and I sincerely hope I never have to go again for a competitive game.
Agreed, but I only went to one match there on an awful wet day when I think we won, but can't be sure. I do remember Jamo making the best double save I've ever seen, however. There were only about 30 soaking Stanley fans there, so I wonder if anyone else remembers the game?
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2013, 17:50   #13
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
Agreed, but I only went to one match there on an awful wet day when I think we won, but can't be sure. I do remember Jamo making the best double save I've ever seen, however. There were only about 30 soaking Stanley fans there, so I wonder if anyone else remembers the game?
Its not too clever on a red hot summers day either Redraine
Old 14-04-2013, 18:48   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Its not too clever on a red hot summers day either Redraine
World's biggest cul-de-sac. Nothing more nothing less. The only Barrow I recognise is the one next to Clitheroe.
Old 15-04-2013, 08:19   #15
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin the chipmunk View Post
World's biggest cul-de-sac. Nothing more nothing less. The only Barrow I recognise is the one next to Clitheroe.
The Spread Eagle used to be nice Alvin

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..