Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-07-2011, 15:14   #1
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Barrow Friendly

Stanley are 1 up Coid .... Club News
Saturday 23rd Jul 2011

Live text on this afternoon's game
The official website will be providing a live text commentary service on this afternoon's friendly against Barrow

To keep up to date with everything that happens at Holker Street, simply click HERE at 2:45pm.

Full Story Here >>
Old 23-07-2011, 17:50   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Barrow Friendly

Well a decent day by the seaside believe it or not, apart from more idiot behaviour from so-called stanley supporters, I really am sick to death of some of their antics.

On the positive side, Coid scored a great goal and looked a class apart when he played the second half.

Overson & Lynch also had good games at the back, as did the keeper who made some great saves.

However we are still MASSIVELY short up front , Lindfield yet again looked poor, his body language wasnt good either. Im just hoping another 90 minutes against Marine & Stockport may give him much needed fitness.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2011, 18:33   #3

what sort of antics if you don't mind me asking
ddevil2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2011, 19:05   #4
Senior Member+

and more to the point who are these idiots and lets get them out
Old 23-07-2011, 19:25   #5
Senior Member+

Smoke bomb.......... its not who I would call the "original" fans but more of certain individuals who have turned up in the last year or so.

Mark my words if any of them step out of line again I am personally going to have a word, I really have had enough of it. I have NO problem, with singing, shouting, flags, displays etc etc, but the smoke bomb issue along with a few others is a step too far. They seem to be policing themselves, maybe as Jason is absent for obvious reasons, but in my opinion it needs to be stopped.

I was also talking to a plain clothes police officer today, who called there behaviour "Appaling", he also added ..... "If there not careful those lads will all be getting football bans"

Good riddance I say.
Old 23-07-2011, 19:42   #6
Senior Member+

smudgie we have to rid ourselves of these numpties they just bring our good name into disrepute.....name and shame....
Old 23-07-2011, 20:08   #7

Sorry to hear of a smoke bomb incident Smudgie I hope it did,nt spoil your day out too much, when are these idiots gonna learn all things like this do is damage the club they supposedly love ??????. Somebody really needs to get a grip of this and I don,t think IMHO that it is totally the responsibility of the other fans on the terrace,s. We are lucky at the crown that Mick Schultz do,es turn a blind eye in some respects to the goings on particularly on the clayton end and that encourages people to climb aboard the stanley bus as the atmosphere can be electric, but we seem to have attracted a faction that believe anything go,es and they are above the law, this has the adverse effect and I have spoken personally to people who will not come because of these clowns, why should a few mindless louts spoil it for the rest of us as it,s we that are left that are going to suffer RANT OVER !!!!!!!!!!!!!
stanley convert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2011, 20:19   #8
Super Moderator

Top day out on the field, shame some/one fan let US ALL down.

Yes, an off duty policeman, got involved, hence the on duty police being called.

Yet another place where our FANtastic fans will be remembered for all the wrong reasons

Just to remind everybody, information is shared throughout the UK, so flags at away grounds MAY be now banned!!
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2011, 20:53   #9
Senior Member+

We need to put a stop to it and NOW.!

Like I said ive no problem with singing, banners, flags, chants etc, but its gone too far.

I can see many a coach trip being cancelled this season as people wont put up with the behaviour on the journey's, is that what they want???? Absolute moron's.
Old 23-07-2011, 21:18   #10
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
We need to put a stop to it and NOW.!

Like I said ive no problem with singing, banners, flags, chants etc, but its gone too far.

I can see many a coach trip being cancelled this season as people wont put up with the behaviour on the journey's, is that what they want???? Absolute moron's.
agree smudge, most of em have a good day wi singing, waving banners,a few beers ect, but the few that go too far need sorting pronto.
Old 23-07-2011, 21:36   #11
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
agree smudge, most of em have a good day wi singing, waving banners,a few beers ect, but the few that go too far need sorting pronto.
cashy can i agree with you and hate myself at the same time we have to rid ourselves of these feral morons asap. we have a fantastic reputation as fans and we don't need these scumbags to tarnish this. lets face it there aren't many of us and we need to pull collectively together not apart with these %$%%%%$.don't need saying really but jase would'nt have let it happen!
Old 23-07-2011, 22:19   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nige b View Post
cashy can i agree with you and hate myself at the same time we have to rid ourselves of these feral morons asap. we have a fantastic reputation as fans and we don't need these scumbags to tarnish this. lets face it there aren't many of us and we need to pull collectively together not apart with these %$%%%%$.don't need saying really but jase would'nt have let it happen!
I find myself agreeing with 99% of your post nige b, however don't kid yourself that jase could stop it! Smoke bombs and moronic behaviour from a FEW so called fans still happened on his watch and was defended lol.

That said, however, the terrace is not the same without him.

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2011, 23:14   #13
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukcowboy View Post
I find myself agreeing with 99% of your post nige b, however don't kid yourself that jase could stop it! Smoke bombs and moronic behaviour from a FEW so called fans still happened on his watch and was defended lol.

That said, however, the terrace is not the same without him.
agree with you fella it's just that these morons seem to have multiplied in numbers since the toon debacle and personally don't know where they have come from but what i do know is THEY ARE NOT WELCOME and need rooting out for the good of our club

also agree home and away ain't the same without jase
Old 24-07-2011, 01:59   #14
Senior Member+

If they go on the coach surely they can be sorted, if they travel by car, get your camera out and let everyone know who these yobs are.
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2011, 07:19   #15
Senior Member+

They have come from Rovers, says alot really.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..