Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-11-2007, 08:59   #1
God Member

Billy Dennehy Signs In

See Fishy site!
He seems to have a decent pedigree!
Give us a bit more balance on the left of midfield

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-11-2007, 09:37   #2
God Member

Re: Billy Dennehy Signs In

It not midfield that we have a big problem [other than we play a lot in midfield lately], its our defense particularly & maybe another decent striker

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2007, 09:51   #3
Senior Member+

Perhaps the plan is to play Dennehy as a left wing-back? On Tuesday he played in left midfield, with Richardson at left-back. To be honest I thought he looked ok, but didn't stand out that much. Time will tell.

I really hope we get a defender in before 5pm. Failure to do so will speak volumes in my opinion.
Old 22-11-2007, 09:56   #4
Resting In Peace

From the Sunderland web site
SAFC.COM: / News / News Archive / Dennehy joins Stanley /
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2007, 10:02   #5
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
I really hope we get a defender in before 5pm. Failure to do so will speak volumes in my opinion.
Very true TM, that would speak volumes & would still give us the same old problem of defense what defense regardless of getting Dennehy.

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2007, 12:36   #6

From the fishy site: "He has previously represented his home county of Kerry in Gaelic Football". An excellent piece of business by Messrs. Coleman & Whalley. Presumably, he'll be goalkeeping cover as well...

I guess a left winger gives us more options in the final third. Only thing is with Evil gone, don't we only have one striker big enough to get on the end of crosses?

According to the LET, we're looking at other players as well. Anyone got any ideas who?
BedsRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2007, 13:30   #7
Full Member+

We did okay with a similarly short front line when roberts was on the wing. with defenders looking at dennehy to cross it should leave space to cut inside and keep the ball at feet. plus allows leam or branch to sit at left back in 4 4 2 at home?
We really do need central defenders but that would mean dropping the golden child wouldnt it? i'd like to see a back four of edwards, webb, roberts and richardson given a try.
Old 22-11-2007, 13:38   #8

In the one game I've managed to get to so far (Wycombe away), Roberts looked easily good enough for this level, and Webb has a decent pedegree. Perhaps the management ought to be looking at making the best use of the centre-backs we have, rather than signing more to sit on the bench...

Although a pacy full-back would be nice, I guess...
BedsRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2007, 16:24   #9
God Member

..But he's not from Liverpool..
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2007, 16:28   #10
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi John View Post
The club have employed a translator
Old 22-11-2007, 16:30   #11
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabeast View Post
We really do need central defenders but that would mean dropping the golden child wouldnt it?
Agreed, but I can't for the life of me fathom out who the "golden child" is !!!

It seems (to me at least!) that Coley and Bell either don't realise who's commiting the majority of the mistakes made which cost us goals, or they just can't bring theirselves around to dropping certain individuals. Talk about addressing our defensive problem via the papers,radio etc is all well and good but it's just that.......TALK !! Actions speak louder than words and it's out there on the pitch where we should be looking to do our "talking".

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.
carpon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2007, 18:13   #12
God Member

about this new guy -signed two years ago, but hasn't yet done enough to get in the first team at a Premiership/Championship chasing team. So he isn't the young next might be cos he aint produced in the two years they've had him. I hope he does a little bit but shows promise - because this lad is ours for the taking come January.
Old 22-11-2007, 20:31   #13
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi John View Post
Funny KJ I thought Liverpool were the capital of Ireland anyway, so its close enough

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2007, 21:33   #14
Senior Member+

there is a scouse connection i believe!!!
sparkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2007, 21:35   #15
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkie View Post
there is a scouse connection i believe!!!
Hub Caps ??.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..